Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Quorn products

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Of course it's possible to sound all sorts of things in a post. Apparantly I even have the posting style of a girl.

General things like vocabulary and grammar give it away etc, no 18 year old going to college generally capitalises like you etc! :)

I bought two or three of thise at christmas, can't remember, nearly a tenner each I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

darconio wrote: »
    Do you mean this one?

2la5ule.jpg

There are different views in the way you are supposed to cook dried soya, I personally found that simply boiling it you end up with some tasteless-sponge-like chunks.
    I use the following method:

I've had this in some Polish friends houses and now cook it myself a bit. There are variations but it always involves rehydration, coating and frying.

1. Boil it up or soak in a bullion, nice stock or marinade until its soft.

2. Roll in flour, dip in egg white and then in bread crumbs OR dip in whisked egg / milk mix and then breadcrumbs

3. Fry!

Great when its hot or leave in the fridge for sandwiches (goes great with cold fried aubergine slices)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

LmC sausage rolls are my favourite, the quorn ones are too dry!

I've found it particularly hard to get quorn chicken pieces in Dublin this year, is this because people have started converting or people on a health kick have been snapping them up? I don't like ones with added vegetables to make chili, get more chicken/beef pieces in and I'll decide what I want to cook, thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LmC sausage rolls are my favourite, the quorn ones are too dry!

I've found it particularly hard to get quorn chicken pieces in Dublin this year, is this because people have started converting or people on a health kick have been snapping them up? I don't like ones with added vegetables to make chili, get more chicken/beef pieces in and I'll decide what I want to cook, thanks!

Exactly how I feel. Also, we get the chicken pieces a lot s they are around..I even see them in centras and the like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Towelie_6971

the qourn stuff is pretty hard to find alrite. dunnes is absolutly useless for them, altho dunnes does have the southern fried "chicken" burgers:D:D

the big tescos are usually the best places to look as they do the spring rolls and the ready meals..
    the tescos in jervis st shopping centre used to do an alrite selection i think... but thats going a while back....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I was in Dunnes (Cornelscourt) for the first time in ages yesterday and they had a decent selection of Quorn - including frozen cottage pie and 'chicken curry' both for €1.49 each which was quite the bargain. They also had the Roast and the Chicken burgers.

Superquinn Blackrock have gone brutal recently with the chicken pieces.

Tesco Nutgrove had a pretty good selection last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Exactly how I feel. Also, we get the chicken pieces a lot s they are around..I even see them in centras and the like

Actually was in Centra yesterday and they have loads of mince, and a few chicken pieces. Might buy some, pity they don't really do offer on them though.

Actually was in Centra yesterday and they have loads of mince, and a few chicken pieces. Might buy some, pity they don't really do offer on them though.

Saw an offer on them before in centra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Used to love the Dunnes own brand fake chicken kievs, haven't seen them in ages though!

Like the quorn mushroom pies just got..mmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

The local shops here in Wexford don't seem to have the quorn currys anymore which is very irritating.
    Like the quorn mushroom pies just got..mmm

Been eating a lot of them lately, tastey stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

The Quorn chicken style roast is down to €3 at the moment in Dunnes. Usually around €4.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Clare Bear wrote: »
    The Quorn chicken style roast is down to €3 at the moment in Dunnes. Usually around €4.50.

Thanks for the heads up i will grap a couple on my way home.
    It's just me or the portion of quorn products got smaller (and the price got bigger) ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

From the Quorn.co.uk e-newsletter, so easily not applicable to here for some time, if ever;

"As we impatiently shift from foot to foot, we’ve given up trying to look cool, calm and collected about the fabulous new summer range of Quorn products due to hit the shelves in April. Quorn Sweet Chilli Stir Fry Strips, Seasoned Steak Strips, Roast Style Sliced Fillets and Quorn Mini Balls will be in a Sainsbury’s near you in just a few weeks time so keep an eye out (with wider distribution from May)".

There was also a yummy recipe for Quorn sausage & leek bake...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

.... will be in a Sainsbury’s near you in just a few weeks time so keep an eye out ...

Sounds good! Since theres's no Sainsburys near me I'll just have to get near a Sainsburys.

Would love to try some new quorn products so hope Tesco stocks them soon!

Hey all,

Just to let you know I was in the Tesco on Parnell St today and I found a pack of Hot and Spicy chicken quorn pieces, they're coated and look yum, cant wait to try them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Linden

Yeah I got them a while ago if I'm thinking of the same things, they were fairly nice. The best new one I've had was the sothern style burger, they are lovely! Got them in Dunnes Cornelcout.

I love the southern style burgers!Also loving the mushroom and quorn pies, could eat them every day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Heya miss lockhart...
    I live in Maynooth and find that the food in the tesco store is quite good. I'm a very fussy vegetarian so a lot of it doesn't do it for me, but I'm planning on being more adventurous!
    There's a little health food shop down the back lanes behind caulfields pub...loads of food in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Linguo wrote: »
    I love the southern style burgers!Also loving the mushroom and quorn pies, could eat them every day:D
    I think the pies are such a let down! There is barely any filling and the pastry is such a let down! I was never happy with them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Not sure if they've been mentioned yet, but has anyone tried the 'Big bites'? Bite sized breaded Quorn with a spicy sauce in the middle, they're tasty. found them in Jervis tesco once. http://www.quorn.co.uk/products/Big_Bites_Hot__Spicy.aspx

I love the scotch eggs too http://www.quorn.co.uk/products/Quorn_Mini_Savoury_Eggs.aspx

Kievs are good too, but i think the dunnes ones are better http://www.quorn.co.uk/products/Mini_Kievs.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

I loved the quorn sausage rolls when they appeared in tesco in Ennis. Gorgeous..but I think they onle got them in once. Are they still available in other shops? Preferably near here!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Cushla wrote: »
    I loved the quorn sausage rolls when they appeared in tesco in Ennis. Gorgeous..but I think they onle got them in once. Are they still available in other shops? Preferably near here!

Just ask them to get them in again. Worth a try at least

Cushla wrote: »

You would love Linda McCartney ones if you found them, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

I picked up some Quorn Tuna style & sweetcorn crispbakes, Fish without the fish in Tesco today, also Quorn Fish-less fingers ,Will be back with my verdict:)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭kthnxbai

I picked up some Quorn Tuna style & sweetcorn crispbakes, Fish without the fish in Tesco today, also Quorn Fish-less fingers ,Will be back with my verdict:)

wait... fish-less fish fingers? so what do they even taste fishy??

I usually stick to the chicken type things and just flavor them myself... I occassionally have the hamburgers if I'm at a bbq or something, but as a general rule I've found quorn to be pretty bland. Which I don't mind cause I generally have some sauce/seasoning on my food...

Just curious to what their fish things even taste like... cause fish is pretty distinctive for the most part....

Anyone ever have the birdseye veggie fingers?? they are just plain hateful and vile... how can you make veggies and breadcrumbs taste so bad???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Dunnes in Sandyford also stock the quorn ham, just so you know. I pick up about 10 packets at a time.:o They're 1.99 each per pack which is pretty reasonable and the slices are great for sandwiches and salads. Winner.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PurplePossum

oh which brand of Tesco?? so excited to try these - love new Quorn products!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 PurplePossum

oh which brand of Tesco?? so excited to try these - love new Quorn products!

although was never a fish fan. maybe fishless fish might be okay

Advertisement