Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Quorn products

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

maameeo wrote: »
    am i just weird? i find the thought of eating something called lamb a bit sickening, like i know its not real but im still a bit weirded out by it :(

Trainer insole grills may be more apt for their appearance. I have no problem eating something called Lamb as long as it isn't (LOL) but I appreciate why you may be put off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

/little did Tar.Aldarion know, maameeo had washed all the utensils in rat poison. her thoughts on the matter were 'well if it kills rats it sure as hell gona kill germs'. Tar drops to the floor...oops

Jesus! I'm in Dublin for the weekend but eh, I think I'll be in the other half of the city to ya now, which half do I have to avoid? visit again, hmm.

am i just weird? i find the thought of eating something called lamb a bit sickening, like i know its not real but im still a bit weirded out by it :(

oh i just had LmcC cheese and leek plaits for dinner. quite nice apart from the invasion of evil onions, but i ate around them! :D
    Ye some people do feel like you do, it's understandable, but I think it's just so they will sell better to people that are not used to em. Sounds better than textured mycroptein or something. Try frying onions, and eat them with something you like, it's godly. I hatedonions for 22 years and now I loveeee em.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Jesus! I'm in Dublin for the weekend but eh, I think I'll be in the other half of the city to ya now, which half do I have to avoid? visit again, hmm.

Ye some people do feel like you do, it's understandable, but I think it's just so they will sell better to people that are not used to em. Sounds better than textured mycroptein or something. Try frying onions, and eat them with something you like, it's godly. I hatedonions for 22 years and now I loveeee em.

you should "avoid" donnycarney ;)

im ok with fake meat...fake chicken...fake beef etc but lamb just hits a sore spot, thats why i said i must be weird, lol

onions...
    heh, so you've loved them for a whole *secret number* years, hmm, you have gone to the dark side! :P
    its the texture, i just cant do it, *shudder*

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Trainer insole grills may be more apt for their appearance. I have no problem eating something called Lamb as long as it isn't (LOL) but I appreciate why you may be put off.

its just that its 'lamb', even before i was veggie, when i was a kid, i refused to eat lamb, id cry my eyes out when i was forced.
    maybe its a psychological thing now, lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

you should "avoid" donnycarney ;)
    Getting my stalker map updated is so easy these days!

Next step is the 'vegetarian post you picture here thread' then there is the 'vegetarians, where do you live on googlemaps thread.'
    Then I'm in prison again. :(
    onions...
    heh, so you've loved them for a whole *secret number* years, hmm, you have gone to the dark side! :P
    its the texture, i just cant do it, *shudder*
    Yes that secret number must be huge because I am definitely much older than that 22. The texture is why i didn;t like em too, detest comes to mine. So I chopped em up really small, fried them silly, and ate them. The had no texture, I fried them too much!

Gradually I have come to like them so much even onion lovers can't understand it. I mean I just eat onions on toast and things.

• Advertisement

Getting my stalker map updated is so easy these days!

Next step is the 'vegetarian post you picture here thread' then there is the 'vegetarians, where do you live on googlemaps thread.'
    Then I'm in prison again. :(

Yes that secret number must be huge because I am definitely much older than that 22. The texture is why i didn;t like em too, detest comes to mine. So I chopped em up really small, fried them silly, and ate them. The had no texture, I fried them too much!

Gradually I have come to like them so much even onion lovers can't understand it. I mean I just eat onions on toast and things.

see if u start the 'vegetarian post you picture here thread' people will know what sex u are! cant be having that!

yes much much older, thats why i didnt disclose that information!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
    onions on toast!!!
    stop it!!!

see if u start the 'vegetarian post you picture here thread' people will know what sex u are! cant be having that!
    I usually put up a picture of a guy and a girl at different times, muahaha.

yes much much older, thats why i didnt disclose that information!
    They could always check my profile for the truth.
    >_>
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
    onions on toast!!!
    stop it!!!

I know, it even unsettles hardcore onion eaters.

I usually put up a picture of a guy and a girl at different times, muahaha.

OK, gwan, start ur thread, i wana see this now! :P

Mayybe I'll make one in er a few weeks.

*whistle*

Would make it handier for new people at meetups anyway. So we know what epople look like when we arrive

/Wanders out of stephens green covered in grass after lying down for a few hours in the sun, are all these women the vegetarians? Ah i'll be having such a hard day today. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

They had quorn sausage rolls (the ones you cook though) mushroom and chicken pies, roma vine tomato covered fillets, cracked peppers covered fillets, swedish meatball

They had all thes in Tesco in Nutgrove at the weekend and I got so so excited when I saw Quorn Sausage rolls that I was jumping around the place and my OH was completely mortified!! 11 years and I was finally reunited with the sausage roll (but without the guilt!!)

Didn't know you could get cold meat slices...interesting...picnic time!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Yeah I'm the same, I really dislike all "fake meat" dishes. everytime I go to my aunts house i get a quorn steak, or burger or something, when I'd be so much happier with just some veg! She's trying though, so I appreciate it!

phic wrote: »
    Yeah I'm the same, I really dislike all "fake meat" dishes. everytime I go to my aunts house i get a quorn steak, or burger or something, when I'd be so much happier with just some veg! She's trying though, so I appreciate it!

aww, my mams like that too, there has to be 'meat' and two veg! lol

but i know what u mean, sometimes u just want veg, feels so much better for u! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Rathmines Tesco also do the peppered steaks, chicken and mushroom pasties, lemon escolopes and the smoked ham slices. Didn't see the sausage rolls though

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PurplePossum

tescos great for quorn products and also their own range veggie stuff too. Handy cuz you can order online too. Tis just nice to have as a change, cuz only so many interesting/different ways can think of to eat veggies. One thing I'd love is decent fake pepperoni, anyone found any, or got any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Nature Boy wrote: »
    Rathmines Tesco also do the peppered steaks, chicken and mushroom pasties, lemon escolopes and the smoked ham slices. Didn't see the sausage rolls though

Selection has really improved in Tesco in the last few weeks, sausage rolls, bacon, lots of new chickeny things in Dundrum today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

What's omni like for quorn does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

tescos great for quorn products and also their own range veggie stuff too. Handy cuz you can order online too. Tis just nice to have as a change, cuz only so many interesting/different ways can think of to eat veggies. One thing I'd love is decent fake pepperoni, anyone found any, or got any suggestions?
    would love some pre-made pepperoni too but here's a recipe (which i haven't made myself but sounds good)
    http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/04/veggeroni-seitan-pepperoni.html

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PurplePossum

Thanks for that. Used to get vegetarian pepperoni, kabanosi, that type of stuff in the States, does amazing things to a pizza. In fact there is such a ridiculously huge range of veggie products over there, it just makes me totally jealous. I've been trawling the internet for veggie pepperoni recipies, that one looks okay, but what is gluten flour (seitan), is that different to normal stuff? And I've ordered liquid smoke from the internet already in the hope of making my own recipe. Found one kabanosi recipie on line, where the guy had gone to the trouble of ordering these vegetarian casings to give the texture of the outside skin/fat, and was then hanging them in his bedroom in tights to dry out for a few weeks - madness!!! Cant see me going to that much trouble somehow!! Just would be good to get that firey kick, but smothering it in chilli and chilli flakes doesnt quite do the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Kiddynamite

Just had the sausage rolls, I didn't like them, didn't like the look of them when I took them out of the box. Got the chicken style burgers, had them once before they're nice, and I bought the meetballs, haven't tried them yet. Tesco also had another type of vegetarian mince called "realeat vegemince" bigger bag than the quorn stuff and around the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Linguo wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can pick up the new quorn cold range in Dublin? the little sausage rolls and all that stuff? Looks yum and perfect for picnics!
    Tesco Clarehall have them, saw them yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello,
    Thanks for the info on where I can get more Quorn stuff. I think the best of the 'Cold Meats' is the turkey and stuffing flavour, it's tasty. I find the plain 'Ham' and 'Turkey' bland. Also I tried the 'lamb' fillets before I wasn't keen on them to me they tasted greasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

I must try the cold meat ones, haven't bought them yet.

Also if anyone is near Portmarnock, Dunnes there have had a deal on some Quorn products for a while now, 1/3 off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

Tesco Clarehall had Roast Ham and Chicken slices, very nice.

Hmm must try all these slices. usually i just get the same type and end up eating them all from the packet. whoops

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Tesco also had another type of vegetarian mince called "realeat vegemince" bigger bag than the quorn stuff and around the same price.

That's my favorite mince but it's hard to find. Good to hear Tesco are doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

got the quorn swedish meatballs and the quorn "rashers" (awesome with scrambled eggs) in Tesco ballybrack last night...

but don't all rush at once they were the last ones :pac:

They have 2 shelves of one freezer for veggie stuff and thats it :( guess there arent too many veggies in the area, the rest of the aisle is frozen (meat) burgers and the like! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Eviecus

Buy a box of Linda's sausages and a pack of jus-rol frozen puff pastry. Cook sausages, but don't overcook, place sausages in pastry, cut to desired size, bake for 15 minutes and you will have the most delicous sausage rolls EVER.
    And unless they have changed the ingredients, they are also vegan.

Yum! I was thinking of making these!! Hummingbird in Artane Castle used to sell Linda's sausage rolls (which are vegan too - YAY!) but they haven't been in stock for weeks now :( I miss them so! but yeah I might make my own with Linda's sausages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Superquinn in Lucan have quorn sausage rolls as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Trouble

For anyone in Limerick: You can get Linda MC Sausage rolls, veggie rashers and the sandwich slices in the health food shop in the Crescent SC. You can also get this :http://www.beanieshealthfoods.co.uk/polony.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Anyone else finding getting the new Quorn stuff really hit and miss? Its gone to the stage whenever I see Quorn rashers I fill the trolley :pac:

Advertisement