Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Quorn products

Options
  • 30-06-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you can pick up the new quorn cold range in Dublin? the little sausage rolls and all that stuff? Looks yum and perfect for picnics!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm not sure about Dublin but I got them in two different tescos in other counties.

Actually does anyone know what to do with those tofu cutlets, they sell dry in the polish section of Tesco?

I assume they have to be rehyrated somehow?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh sorry, forgot to mention, linda mc cartney sausage rolls are far nicer if you can find them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Oh sorry, forgot to mention, linda mc cartney sausage rolls are far nicer if you can find them
    Sorry, not really posted here before so hello.

Anyway, I love those, used to cut them into smaller ones. I didn't think you could still get them.

Tesco in Carlow has a miserable selection of Quorn and NO Linda Mc cartney.

Hello, welcome aboard. I have gotten them in Evergreen in galway for about 1.65 and sweet rasmus has gotten them somewhere in Dublin for about twice the price. So They are hard enough to find! I think stores might order them for you, if they get similar products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Oh God no. The LMcC ones are too greasy and have an aftertaste. Not a good one either! By coincidence I just ate a gaggle of the quorn ones yesterday and they were delicious and very VERY popular. I also tried the Mushroom Pies which were again very nice but a bit heavy on the pastry. Chunks of quorn in a mushrromy sauce. Simple and tasty. These were all bought in Tesco Dundalk.

We don't agree on the rolls but the pies do have too much pastry, there is also another pie: Mince in gravy if you like those ones.

The Quorn and Mushroom slices are revolting and taste of nothing. (IMO only obviously) The "beef" and onion ones aren't great but had a bit of flavour.

I haven't had chance to try Quorn sausage rolls yet, but I loved the LmcC ones when I could get them.

Always preferred Quorn sausages over LmcC ones so I am looking forward to finding their sausage rolls.

I never really liked either of those sausages compared to some of the other nicer ones out there, guess all of us will just have to eat everything and not take each others word on something being nice or awful. Oh well, more food! :)

More food sounds good!

When I first went veggie my mum used to make me Sosmix sausages which I learnt to loathe! and everything else was a beanfeast dish, so any variety is good, and usually an improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Linguo wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can pick up the new quorn cold range in Dublin? the little sausage rolls and all that stuff? Looks yum and perfect for picnics!

iv seen a good few of these in tesco in artane castle and the health food store up there, hummingbird, has a great variety of veggie stuff too. they have these sausage rolls that are quite big, i dont know the make, theyre nice but strange at the same time (yes i know that makes no sense!)

have never seen quorn sausage rolls!! i vant!!

used to love LmcC sun dried tomato sausages *sigh*

The old ones were much better. I used to have them in sandwiches with sweet corn yum yum. I also put red sauce on it in a theta pattern(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Greek_lc_theta.svg/400px-Greek_lc_theta.svg.png) and called it a nerd sandwich :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I love Linda McCartney sausage rolls! Tesco in Artane just got in new stock, pity im moving office next week but stocked up! They had quorn sausage rolls (the ones you cook though) mushroom and chicken pies, roma vine tomato covered fillets, cracked peppers covered fillets, swedish meatballs and something else but cant remember!

I love Linda McCartney sausage rolls! Tesco in Artane just got in new stock, pity im moving office next week but stocked up! They had quorn sausage rolls (the ones you cook though) mushroom and chicken pies, roma vine tomato covered fillets, cracked peppers covered fillets, swedish meatballs and something else but cant remember!

gona have to get up there, wonder did they include veggie stuff in the price reductions!
    went up the other night to do the shopping and it was closed, then clarehall... closed. i thought i was in twilight zone! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

dooferoaks wrote: »
    The Quorn and Mushroom slices are revolting and taste of nothing. (IMO only obviously) .
    I agree completely but, just for clarity, I was talking about Quorn and mushroom PIES which are very different. The 'beef' ones were really nice but they seem to be gone.

Those tomatoey fillet things tricked me. They looked so different on the pack but they were just the normal fillets in a paste stuff. I'd prefer to get the bag of fillets for cheaper. You get a good few instead of just 2.

That makes sense but I get so excited when I see new quorn stuff I have to get it!

I agree the mushroom slice is gross, hope the pies are good though! Swedish meatballs were SO yum with dolmio extra spicy bolognese sauce and spaghetti last night, I recommend!!

Whenever, on the rare occasion (is that spelt right, just doesn't look it, anyway), any shops down here get new stock in, I feel I have to buy at least 3 or 4 of each. Mainly because I will probably never see them again, but also to encourage them to stock more. Doubtful it works though, I bought a shed load of the "lamb" grill things when Tesco had them in, and haven't seen them since.

Incidentally I have never seen the Swedish Meatballs, the vine tomato covered fillets, quorn sausage rolls, the Quorn and Mushroom pies (sorry Slaphead07 I was thinking of the slices, not the pies!). And at least 2 years since I saw LmcC sausage rolls.

I think a trip up to Dublin may be required.

And Ive never had the lamb! Grrr it drives me mad.. me and my bf feel like it's Christmas if there's a new product, supermarkets need to stock better options, my aunt got us a load of quorn cold meat slices up north, no sign of them down here!!!

That makes sense but I get so excited when I see new quorn stuff I have to get it!

I agree the mushroom slice is gross, hope the pies are good though! Swedish meatballs were SO yum with dolmio extra spicy bolognese sauce and spaghetti last night, I recommend!!
    And Ive never had the lamb! Grrr it drives me mad.. me and my bf feel like it's Christmas if there's a new product, supermarkets need to stock better options, my aunt got us a load of quorn cold meat slices up north, no sign of them down here!!!

I am the same, when I see the new products I'm like a kid in a candy store, with a look of bemusement on the missus' face, I run around with my arms full and spend about 30 euro on them to see what they are like. in fact when I was out learning to drive earlier this morning for about 3 hours, I was thinking of how I could drive places to get food, maybe as I had only a spoon or so of weetabix. :D
    dooferoaks wrote: »
    Whenever, on the rare occasion (is that spelt right, just doesn't look it, anyway), any shops down here get new stock in, I feel I have to buy at least 3 or 4 of each. Mainly because I will probably never see them again, but also to encourage them to stock more. Doubtful it works though, I bought a shed load of the "lamb" grill things when Tesco had them in, and haven't seen them since.

Incidentally I have never seen the Swedish Meatballs, the vine tomato covered fillets, quorn sausage rolls, the Quorn and Mushroom pies (sorry Slaphead07 I was thinking of the slices, not the pies!). And at least 2 years since I saw LmcC sausage rolls.

I think a trip up to Dublin may be required.
    Dublin or up north I suggest to find some treats. Every different shop seems to ahve random stock. If I want gruyere chicken fillets I have to go to a certain dunnes in Dublin etc, I can't get them in galway or Sligo where I live. I do suggest asking the local heath food stores to get you things in though, they have been good like that before, it just depends on the staff. Fry's chicken fillets were one we used to get. Yum.

I wish Ireland would stock Seitan products, the nicest alternatives to meat I have had have been Seitan when I was in Paris because it was most like steak, which was my favourite food growing up. But Seitan can taste very differently depending on the product! I want to make it myself but nowhere in Ireland seems to stock vital gluten flour.

• Advertisement

You all HAVE to try fry's wok pieces, stocked in hummingbird in artane and im sure other places as well! It really tastes unbelievable and meat eaters all love this one

I have no idea where artane is but I plan to go there. :p

I have no idea where artane is but I plan to go there. :p

its up by me, you can come visit and ill try poison u with my cooking! :p

maameeo wrote: »
    its up by me, you can come visit and ill try poison u with my cooking! :p

I'll supply the wok pieces things, you supply the burnin cooking!

*jeez give me that wok woman*

Mmm delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 samantha2000

Buy a box of Linda's sausages and a pack of jus-rol frozen puff pastry. Cook sausages, but don't overcook, place sausages in pastry, cut to desired size, bake for 15 minutes and you will have the most delicous sausage rolls EVER.
    And unless they have changed the ingredients, they are also vegan.

Yep they are vegan, I have to check these things when buying. Doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. I also want to make spring rolls again. Spring roll pastry, vegetables, hot oil, YUM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 samantha2000

Yep they are vegan, I have to check these things when buying. Doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. I also want to make spring rolls again. Spring roll pastry, vegetables, hot oil, YUM

Please stop teasing!!!

It's what i do. :)

I'll supply the wok pieces things, you supply the burnin cooking!

*jeez give me that wok woman*

Mmm delicious!

/little did Tar.Aldarion know, maameeo had washed all the utensils in rat poison. her thoughts on the matter were 'well if it kills rats it sure as hell gona kill germs'. Tar drops to the floor...oops
    I bought a shed load of the "lamb" grill things when Tesco had them in, and haven't seen them since.

am i just weird? i find the thought of eating something called lamb a bit sickening, like i know its not real but im still a bit weirded out by it :(

oh i just had LmcC cheese and leek plaits for dinner. quite nice apart from the invasion of evil onions, but i ate around them! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Found quorn cooked ham slices in Tesco in dundrum today, it's the first time I've seen them in Dublin, always had to go north for them before. Handy for sandwiches.

Advertisement