Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Various football 5/6 sides, city locations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DonkeyPunch

Anybody know of a bunch of lads in Galway who play 5/6 aside football who would be interested in another player? I've recently moved to the city and am looking to play a night or 2 a week. Nothing serious, just a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Pro tip:

Don't introduce yourself as your internet handle when you do find a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Pro tip:

Don't introduce yourself as your internet handle when you do find a game.
    And the award for the most unhelpful post of the day goes to the above.

OP, I can't find the thread I'm thinking of but try contacting the posters here, here, here or here and you might have some luck.

I play on Monday, Wednesday and Friday but we've got plenty of players at the moment.

Malice wrote: »
    And the award for the most unhelpful post of the day goes to the above.

I'd like to thank the academy, boards, my family...

I had planned to edit the post and be helpful, but I must have been distracted by something shiny.

Lots of sound lads that need players from time to time in those threads malice has posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I'd be interested in going for 5 a side as well actually. Been meaning to start doing it again for ages.

• Advertisement

I had planned to edit the post and be helpful
    You could edit it but you'll never be able to change my quote!
    but I must have been distracted by something shiny.
    That part reminded me of this for some reason :).
    tail_poodle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 OldAtHeart

Malice, all those threads are pretty much dead, but like the OP, I'm also interested in a 5-a-side game for fun, so if anyone has anything open or is interested in setting something up, please post here

Well it'd be no harm in sending PMs to a few of the names in those threads to see if anyone would be interested. You've got 3 so far so you're nearly half way there :)

What about a dedicated 5-a-sides thread that new ones can be merged to in future? Thought of it a while back but didn't bother mentioning it.

Something along the lines of "Want to play or need a player for 5-a-side - Post here".

A bit long... Just an idea anyway.

What about a dedicated 5-a-sides thread that new ones can be merged to in future?
    There was a thread a couple of years ago that grew to a few pages but I couldn't find it the other day when I went looking.

• Advertisement

There was a thread a couple of years ago that grew to a few pages but I couldn't find it the other day when I went looking.
    Bad catmod!

Bad catmod!
    Bad bloody search engine more likely. Anyway, I'm a Music Cat Mod, not a Region one.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

Hi

Indoor game of soccer today at 4pm in the kingfisher nui if intersted be there before 3.50 we will be waiting outside

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Count me in too, need to get back out, we talking indoor or Astro here?

hi
    we play mostly on fridays at 4 or 5pm depending on how many we get. when the weather improves we will start playing outdoors again usually on a sunday
    if anyone is interested pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

That time is a no g due to work. If anyone is up for an evening during the week pm me and we can try get something organized

• Registered Users Posts: 20 conor mc namara

hi
    we play mostly on fridays at 4 or 5pm depending on how many we get. when the weather improves we will start playing outdoors again usually on a sunday
    if anyone is interested pm me
    hi mate, are u looking for any players? trying to sort something out just moved to galway. Where do u play??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭dinneenp

BREAKING NEWS! Football is back on. Same time, same bat-channel- 8:15pm, Mervue cages. Beginning tomorrow, 8th March.
    If you want to play just reply to this thread. If you want to bring any friends just mention the amount of ye in total in your reply.
    €5 per person.
    dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    There's a group of us booked one of the astro pitch cages in Mervue for the 8:15-9:15pm slot for Tuesdays.
    10 is the ideal number, 12 managable.
    Let me know if you're interested in playing.

It's just a kickaround amongst some work colleagues/a bit of fun so your skill level isn't important.

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

No need to have separate threads on the same topic so I've merged them together.
    Might as well have this as the official merge for 5-a-side.

dinneenp wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS! Football is back on. Same time, same bat-channel- 8:15pm, Mervue cages. Beginning tomorrow, 8th March.
    If you want to play just reply to this thread. If you want to bring any friends just mention the amount of ye in total in your reply.
    €5 per person.

Barcelona are playing Arsenal tomorrow- just in case anyone votes yes but then cancels after realising...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 eggchaser

hey lads,
    we have a 7-a-side on a sunday at 9 on the astro beside tesco at the headford road roundabout, we've lost a couple of players to emigration. Its a mixed standard: some lads train with mervue... while some are works buddies and some are just unfit guys who play between drinkin! its €5 or €6 a game, PM if interested,
    thanks,
    Cillian

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FrankWalter

I'll play

Drom at 6 this evening.... will be finished and out of there before the football.

Ill be driving from town(claddagh) so can give anyone a lift if they need one(from town to knocknacarra-westside-salthill)

Anything up to 3 needed... so you can even bring 2 friends :P

hey all
    indoor soccer in nuig kingfisher friday at 4pm if anyone is interested pm me

Spaces available for Tuesday, 15th March 8:15pm, Mervue cages.
    5/6 aside, €5 per person.
    PM me if you want to play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Good game (fun) last night. If there is room again next Tuesday I'd like to give it another go? My ar$e is still wrecked after the fall/trip/tackle !

Sniipe wrote: »
    Good game (fun) last night. If there is room again next Tuesday I'd like to give it another go? My ar$e is still wrecked after the fall/trip/tackle !

No problem. We just need to get the fitness up a bit...

Sniipe wrote: »
    Good game (fun) last night...My ar$e is still wrecked...
    You were playing soccer right, not doing something else? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

You were playing soccer right, not doing something else? :p
    Most of the people there will probably say I wasn't playing soccer, but in my mind I was.

• Advertisement

Spaces available for this Tuesday, 22th March 8:15pm, Mervue cages.
    5/6 aside, €5 per person.
    PM me if you want to play.

@Mod: can you change the title of this thread? it should something like 'Want to play football' or similar. Someone browsing thread titles mighn't know that this thread is for people who want to play.

Advertisement