Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to form 6-a-side football team(on Sundays) in Galway

Options
  • 12-08-2009 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Just moved to Galway, and looking to join the Galway 6-a-side soccer league (has one vacancy at present). Games are on Sundays, we'll need at least 8 players (realistically), dont care about ability, gender, age, make yourself known and we'll sort it out! Cheers, James
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I might be up for it, what's the reg fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

put my name in the hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jameshendicott

Sign up is 31.50 (so a fiver each if we only have six), but I think we'll have to pay for the pitch each week as well. I'll try and find out how much that is. Link is here:
    http://www.leisureleagues.ie/Register/Team.aspx?LeagueGUID=d3c312d9-e643-496f-b970-a5c95203c5fd

I know almost no-one in Galway, so if you guys (or anyone else) can find a few more players, that'd be fantastic. I think we only need 6 to register (so half way there), then we can find others as we go along. that would rely on everyone turning up though...

I've just clicked the 'call me back' link and given my number, will come back and give a few details (+PMs with my contact info to sort stuff out) when I know how quickly we can join/ how much the pitch'll cost us each week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Alpe

Hi! we are 4 now

Excellent, keep 'em coming :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Count me in too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭great

im interested

would be funny to play ye in ye'r first match, not one of ye would know each other..... plus there'll be the unhappy one who gets stuck in goal :P

I presume everyone has played football before though ? It's not like we're entering a team only to get hammered each game ?

iv played before.the reason i put my name down was mainly for a bit o crack,to meet a few people, and to fill in sundays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Alpe

I've been playing futsal my whole life, not soccer. Now I'm not motivated enough to play fo a club or anything like that. Would be fun if we get together enough people

im the same as biffoman

Cool well count me in anyway ..I need to lose the Races Beer belly :D

Used to play right back for a Korean third division team. Hardly a claim to fame I know, but Im decent. We'll try and meet up before to get to know each other at least enough to know what names to shout. HAvent heard from the league organisers yet, I think it's too late for this weekend so Ill call them on monday (if i havent heard from them by then) and try and get us registered for next weekend. As for this weekend, how about we organise a meet up to watch some of the premier league on Sunday? Anywhere in Galway's fine for me? Looks like we have six right now, anyone know anyone else who'll want in?

yeh im up for a meet sunday.oh i went into the link..i think u might of made a mistake or somethig..bregenzerwald travel?

I'm away this weekend but count me in for any evening during the week

Sorry about the link, researching some travel stuff at the same time. Try this one: http://www.leisureleagues.ie/ireland/all-areas/irl-galway---sunday.aspx.

Sunday - name your place, doesn't matter to me. Tottenham vs. Liverpool game? Though if there's only two of us, maybe we should delay 'til a few more can make it. Speak up people!

hi was out for a while.im not bothered.can wait for everyone to meet up together .

i just got sick this morning... if im feeling better later ill be up for spurs v liverpool

are yee liverpool r spurs fans.

• Advertisement

pool :D

ya poor ****er.you realy are sick.dont worry i have the cure...comes in the form of utd

these league people dont answer their phones...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

biffoman wrote: »
    ya poor ****er.you realy are sick.dont worry i have the cure...comes in the form of utd
    Yeah, come on Galway Utd!

Right so do you guys fancy catching up this week so for a kick about ?

Yeah, what about Thursday evenin? Still no luck with the tournament people, I'll keep trying...

Or Sunday might make more sense I guess...

Count me in for Sunday anyway.

well lads.i9m up for a wee kick about sunday.what about the rest of the clan.by the way is it astroturf r grass?

• Advertisement

where did ye have in mind?

Advertisement