Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Right well, my excavation is finally complete! Thanks to Doc, Kevin and everyone else who helped me :P

This is a little timeline from a corner (most likely not the same corner each time) so you can see the progress!

20110302231634.png
    Marking out the borders, 141x141.

20110305214901.png
    Mod magic!

20110306013544.png
    3/4 main walls cleared and torched.

20110307203904.png
    Middle area cut in on all sides! (Was originally going to have a diagonal, but that would have been far too much work)

20110307213528.png
    Finished!

The thing is... I have no idea what to do with all this space! If you want to leave an idea you can find my house! There's an idea wall for what to do. Signs are in the chests on either side of it :pac:
    (Go to memorial cross by the portal and then turn left, can't miss it)

Attached image is what my house looks like for more help in finding it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

sarkozy wrote: »
    Whitelist Request. Username: potlatch.
    Done

Nice work, it looks so good inside when your there

Tallon wrote: »
    Nice work, it looks so good inside when your there
    I'm probably just going to leave it for a while, week or so, come back and then hopefully have a good idea for what to do with it (or let other people come up with ideas instead).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rossgorry

looks beast :D

- Kevin_Kremers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Right well, my excavation is finally complete! Thanks to Doc, Kevin and everyone else who helped me :P

This is a little timeline from a corner (most likely not the same corner each time) so you can see the progress!

Middle area cut in on all sides! (Was originally going to have a diagonal, but that would have been far too much work)

The thing is... I have no idea what to do with all this space! If you want to leave an idea you can find my house! There's an idea wall for what to do. Signs are in the chests on either side of it :pac:
    (Go to memorial cross by the portal and then turn left, can't miss it)

Attached image is what my house looks like for more help in finding it :D

For some reason it reminds me of the senate from Star Wars
    2553303_c39f2b14c6.jpg

hardCopy wrote: »
    For some reason it reminds me of the senate from Star Wars
    I have to build this now! :D
    After my giant skeleton of course :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

WilliamOC wrote: »

How the hell do you choose your music man? :pac:

It's so good.. This going to be the video the the epic Tourtage i'm making with hours of footage :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Tallon,

This may be a bit off-topic but I was in college all day and didn't get a chance to get on and give my word on the thread about the current developments in the server, so I thought that I would just say a few words here.

I know that I haven't been on the server for all that long of a time but in that very short period, I have had an amazing experience. There are so many great people involved that are all willing to help out on a build if you just ask.

I have no problems with any of the changes and of course I will join you at your new server. However it is regrettable that some of the great people that I have met will be leaving.

I like Kersmash would like to see some form of a paypal account set up so that those of us who can spare some cash can help you out financially with the costs of running the server. It is the least we can do.

Looking forward to getting back onto the server tomorrow night and getting back to work.

Gav :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Clocking so many hours into minecraft makes you think of the strangest video ideas.

Btw I'll make another tomorrow :D
    (and HD rather than todays SD)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tw1stedMoogle

I'm not much of a forum crawler, but i enjoyed the videos Tallon has put up as well as the jx23 tour video. I am just looking for a reliable and fun server to spend most of my time.
    Honestly i am too old to want to Grief and much rather spend my time doing stuff rather than messing something up.
    I Am 29yrs old and live in the US. (but i am 1/4 IRISH, and proud of it!!! lol)
    As i said earlier i don't use forums a lot and prefer to spend most of my free time in-game rather than scouring the forums so my post count is not and probably never will be TOO high.
    I Couldn't join the server group since i didn't have any posts yet, and i didn't see the point in just wandering about posting stuff i didn't really care too much about.
    Well i hope i get accepted because i can see having a good bit of fun on this server and you guys seem to be really cool and laid back without being chaotic and anarchistic.
    Hope to talk to you guys soon.

-Jamie
    --Tw1stedMoogle (<-- in-game name too)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cake126

Requesting whitelist addition - cake126

I love this so much :D

piggymcjim.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So after a week of skirting around it and lurking here, I've just bitten the bullet and bought Minecraft two seconds ago. Since Tallon's server is obviously the place to be, I want in. :D

Any chance of being whitelisted? (have to learn all the lingo too. whitelisted - check. griefers - check.)

Username is nkay1985. Thanks.

Well, I guess we all know what Doc is after!

20110308015713.png

cake126 wrote: »
    Requesting whitelist addition - cake126

Added
    nkay1985 wrote: »
    So after a week of skirting around it and lurking here, I've just bitten the bullet and bought Minecraft two seconds ago. Since Tallon's server is obviously the place to be, I want in. :D

Any chance of being whitelisted? (have to learn all the lingo too. whitelisted - check. griefers - check.)

Username is nkay1985. Thanks.

Added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I've just been whitelisted but when I try to connect to the IP address in the OP I'm getting a connection refused error. Has this IP address changed with all this talk of server migration?

EDIT:
    Just dialled into my pc at home and connected no problem so probably due to the fact that I'm in work. Some firewall setting or other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

After walking around for days doing nothing, I finally decided to build something again :P

Someone said to make a pancake for pancake day.

4b664.png

And someone said we needed a frying pan for the pancake.

b956c.png

Cant heat a frying pan without a fire.

028b3.png

Cant have a fire without an Oven :pac:

7c9a6.png

Can't toss a pancake without a spatula!

30bc0.png

And who else can flip a giant pancake but a Giant man??

74470.png

A good nights building no doubt.
    *cheers tal for the loan of the head :P*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

vs0vgw.png
    jsytfd.png

5vaded.png
    10gy6fa.png

15mhf81.png

20a323c.png
    213fy9h.png

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

I'm getting huge lag on the server at the moment.
    It was fine earlier on but then it suddenly slowed to a snails pace when DOC showed up. Anyone else finding the same?

Edit: It seems to have sorted itself out now (after DOC left :-s). Hopefully that'll be the last of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Beatalls

Username: Beatalls

Hahahah I didn't think that you would actually make a pancake or a frying pan.
    I came in late last night to wish you all a happy pancake tuesday and leave.
    I then wake up today and find that you have built a giant pancake!
    Hahaha God I love you guys! :D

Happy pancake tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cake126

Cheers man

I'm not much of a forum crawler, but i enjoyed the videos Tallon has put up as well as the jx23 tour video. I am just looking for a reliable and fun server to spend most of my time.
    Honestly i am too old to want to Grief and much rather spend my time doing stuff rather than messing something up.
    I Am 29yrs old and live in the US. (but i am 1/4 IRISH, and proud of it!!! lol)
    As i said earlier i don't use forums a lot and prefer to spend most of my free time in-game rather than scouring the forums so my post count is not and probably never will be TOO high.
    I Couldn't join the server group since i didn't have any posts yet, and i didn't see the point in just wandering about posting stuff i didn't really care too much about.
    Well i hope i get accepted because i can see having a good bit of fun on this server and you guys seem to be really cool and laid back without being chaotic and anarchistic.
    Hope to talk to you guys soon.

-Jamie
    --Tw1stedMoogle (<-- in-game name too)

I like this guy! He tells it like it is. Hey Tallon, has this guy been whitelisted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

The giant pancake guy is absolutely brilliant :D Well played

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Thats savage when did you guys start building that???

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

You mission if you chooses to accept it to find the secret entrances to the SGC, there are 3, located roughly in 3 or 4 G H I. So your know if your near here are some clues "the Pigs will fry" "Pacman will Like this View" "Rocky on the bottom"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

New to minecraft, old to boards :)

nick: Effluo

Thanks

Advertisement