Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    have you seen small cans of the light coconut milk? cos i'm only useing like 1/4 of a can and the rest is wasted

Yeah I got them in super valu! Cant remember the name of the brand though but I'll have a look later & let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

sage girl wrote: »
    When I read the stuff about boys it so brings me back to my twenties, I just thought I was huge and nobody would ever look at me. But in hindsight I think it was that I was so caught up in worry about how I looked that I didn't give the impression of being open to meeting someone! I think we are never as big as we imagine ourselves to be! And if a guy is worth being with, he'll love you whatever size you are.

Oh I know...I just want the confidence to actually "go for it" if i like a guy...at the moment i dont even make to move to even find out if the guy would even like me...to even find out if "he'd even like me as i am"

well first i'm in the process of getting my self to a point of "love my self as i am" :P as naff as that sounds, its true.

misslt wrote: »
    Yeah I got them in super valu! Cant remember the name of the brand though but I'll have a look later & let you know!

ooooh that would be great! THANK YOU! I've only been able to find the 400ml cans of light coconut milk. The big cans are such a waste for me...i'm my mothers daughter lol hate throwing perfectly good stuff out.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    or pepper based.

I know the jars are low but would like to make my own( sence of achievement:cool:)

I have no idea how many pp in this, but sounds GREAT

THE BEST TOMATO CHUTNEY EVER
    http://www.cullyandsully.com/content/cookbook/best-tomato-chutney-ever

Well, anybody that has tasted it seems to agree!

I made this a couple months ago with the last tomatoes in our glass house. Can't remember the exact quantities but here goes...

Ingredients:

2kg of fresh, ripe tomatoes, cut in half
    1 red Pepper, halved
    4-5 fresh ripe red chillies, halved and de seeded
    4-5 cloves of garlic, peeled
    1 onion, peeled and quartered
    A few fresh herbs (Rosemary, thyme, oregano etc)
    Olive oil
    150g sultanas
    Approx 250g cox, braeburn or other good eating apple, peeled and chopped
    Approx 250g cooking apples, peeled and chopped
    Approx 500ml cider vinegar
    Approx 350g brown sugar
    Bay leaf
    Cinnamon
    Lemon juice

Stew the apples in a large pot with the sultanas, sugar and vinegar. Add a bay leaf and a stick of cinnamon.

The key to this fantastic chutney is the way the tomatoes are cooked. fresh tomatoes from the glasshouse are roasted in a hot oven for 20mins along with the onion, peppers, chillies and garlic and some fresh herbs on the stalks all with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice. Once roasted, remove the onions, peppers and chillies. Discard the herbs. Chop the peppers (skin first), onion and chillies and add to the stewed apples. Get a pair of scissors and cut up the roasted tomatoes in the same roasting tray. This is essential as it means you don't loose any of the fantastic juices!! Add this to the same pot. Simmer gently for another while to let the flavours combine and reduce the liquid down to the right consistency. This is a rustic chutney and quite chunky! Season and adjust vinegar/sugar as required.

This recipe can also be made with green tomatoes, just omit the red pepper and use green jalapeño peppers instead of red chillies. The resulting chutney will also be a less sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Just had an AMAZING lunch! Porb wasn't the best weight watcher chioce tho :( I was cooking for the other half before he went into work hes 25 aswell today so made a nice lunch before he left. Any idea how many points I just ate - Oh it was so good, so worth it!

Mixed mince with bbq marinade, few breadcrumbs, chopped onion, few fresh herbs from my garden and combined them with an egg. Grilled for a few mins. Meanwhile I sauted few mushrooms and onions in a bit of butter. When burgers were done, melted a cheese slice on top, spooned on my mushrooms and onions and had a bit of lettuce on top - Wasnt all bad tho as I didnt have a french bread type burger like he did, just ate it as it was...

Any one any idea on points? was so good tho....

• Advertisement

boxoff wrote: »
    Just had an AMAZING lunch! Porb wasn't the best weight watcher chioce tho :( I was cooking for the other half before he went into work hes 25 aswell today so made a nice lunch before he left. Any idea how many points I just ate - Oh it was so good, so worth it!

Mixed mince with bbq marinade, few breadcrumbs, chopped onion, few fresh herbs from my garden and combined them with an egg. Grilled for a few mins. Meanwhile I sauted few mushrooms and onions in a bit of butter. When burgers were done, melted a cheese slice on top, spooned on my mushrooms and onions and had a bit of lettuce on top - Wasnt all bad tho as I didnt have a french bread type burger like he did, just ate it as it was...

Any one any idea on points? was so good tho....

you'd be the best one to point it....

all depends on what kinda mince, lean, or standard, how much of it...how much breadcrumbs, what kind of marinade and how much, and how much butter, what kind of cheese and how much of it

if its really worth it...its worth pointing...its tedious but its how we learn...

sounds yummy tho!

you'd be the best one to point it....

all depends on what kinda mince, lean, or standard, how much of it...how much breadcrumbs, what kind of marinade and how much, and how much butter, what kind of cheese and how much of it

if its really worth it...its worth pointing...its tedious but its how we learn...

sounds yummy tho!

im gona go with 12pp - thats my dins so hardly that bad! am putting away the birthday cake!!!! didnt have any yet! Hes actually lost weight now aswell - I do most the cooking so suppose hes become far more healthier as a result!! must try that relish! love ballymalone one!

im gona go with 12pp - thats my dins so hardly that bad! am putting away the birthday cake!!!! didnt have any yet! Hes actually lost weight now aswell - I do most the cooking so suppose hes become far more healthier as a result!! must try that relish! love ballymalone one!

Oh stop...i had to ban ballymaloe from the house....cos i will put it on everything! I LOVE IT! especially any cold meets that are in the fridge.....the relish is ok...its the stuff i put it on that do the damage! Nom Nom Nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bertha23

Hi Everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post (sorry if it is not)
    Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in so fingers crossed I have lost weight :)
    finding th new system a bit confusing , so hoping I have been doing it right. Will see tomorrow evening when I step on the scales:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey...
    tried the ww sausages this morning and to be honest the hodgins ones are thousand times better...:D... ww ones are bigger but hodgins ones are more meatie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

I tried Weightwatchers sausages today and though (of course) they don't compare really to 'normal' sausages they are quite a tasty and substantial substitute and great points value at 1pp. I'm not usually into WW products but I will definitely be buying them again. PLUS you can freeze them so for those of you buying for one, they won't go to waste (or you don't have to eat them 3 days on the trot!).

Worth trying if you are into quantity comfort food. :)

This is my biggest, most joyous discovery so far - Superquinn Lean minced sirloin (in packs of about 356g) is VERY economical in points at 1pp per 42g. Fantastic points value if you are into a good ole spag bol of a weekend, as I am.

It sounds unbelievable and I pointed it over 5 times to be sure, to be sure and it's true, an average serving of the mince (raw weight 125g) is only 3pp.

And they are doing a special of 2 packs for €8 at the moment (normal price €4.99 each) so you can't lose (well, some weight maybe! :D)

#savours waft of bucket of spag bol sauce simmering#

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i just had a beef medalion from aldi,,2 pack ,€5.99 and roughly about 7pp each,,i'm not usually i big meat eater but am loving these lately,,had it with fried peppers mushrooms and courgette and at the end added chilli sauce,,gorgeous for 8pp:D

Just been for a 3.5 mile walk (with lil jogging) up the hill of howth - its lovely evening for a walk! Was walking in short sleeves!

tantipie wrote: »
    i just had a beef medalion from aldi,,2 pack ,€5.99 and roughly about 7pp each,,i'm not usually i big meat eater but am loving these lately,,had it with fried peppers mushrooms and courgette and at the end added chilli sauce,,gorgeous for 8pp:D

Sounds lovely! Thanks for the idea.

Just been for a 3.5 mile walk (with lil jogging) up the hill of howth - its lovely evening for a walk! Was walking in short sleeves!

well done you!

Just made the cottage pie i normally use Quorn for. used chicken mince :)
    tweaked the seasonings a little to complement chicken, as the recipe i had seasonings were for a beef/qourn.

well wow! it smells GREAT! I made it now to reheat later for my dinner, i wont have the energy later for cooking from all the studying. my brain is slowly starting to turn to goo...and i have another 3 or 4 hours of study to get in before bed.

one thing i was amazed with the chicken mince.....VERY VERY little fat came out of it...the pan was virtually dry..

secondly...the mince barely shrunk at all, i always find beef mince shrinks...and no matter how lean it is..you always see fat juice come out.

the real test will be in the taste later. I've never used chicken mince before...so looking forward to trying it.

Aargh I have a really bad hangover from last night....so I had dominos :(

Does anyone know roughly how many points that is? Medium pizza...

WI tomorrow night should be fun :(

misslt wrote: »
    Aargh I have a really bad hangover from last night....so I had dominos :(

Does anyone know roughly how many points that is? Medium pizza...

WI tomorrow night should be fun :(

nutritional info is on 4 star pizza webiste just use the equivalent medium pizza to work it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

hubba wrote: »
    This is my biggest, most joyous discovery so far - Superquinn Lean minced sirloin (in packs of about 356g) is VERY economical in points at 1pp per 42g. Fantastic points value if you are into a good ole spag bol of a weekend, as I am.

It sounds unbelievable and I pointed it over 5 times to be sure, to be sure and it's true, an average serving of the mince (raw weight 125g) is only 3pp.

And they are doing a special of 2 packs for €8 at the moment (normal price €4.99 each) so you can't lose (well, some weight maybe! :D)

#savours waft of bucket of spag bol sauce simmering#

Thats amazing, thanks for the tip! I love mince, but I always feel guilty about it this is great cos there's only so many chicken fillets a girl can eat!

BTW a few pages back I mentioned alpro soya cooking cream being half the fat of regular cream, WELL, I discovered that the Rice Dream version is half that again :D

WI tomorrow but I had a sneaky check this afternoon on my own scales and its looking good, lets hope its not a fluke as have sts the last three weeks if she tells me I'm the same again tomorrow I'm likely to have a breakdown!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Hey Lady Lainy, instead of just cooking one portions of stuff and having to tweek all the recipes , maybe you could make the full recipe and freeze the rest in one portion lots, then they will be in the freezer for whenever you need them. Just a suggestion! :)

nutritional info is on 4 star pizza webiste just use the equivalent medium pizza to work it out

Dominos have there's too, I didn't realise!

45 points...thank god for weeklies!!

kty wrote: »
    Hey Lady Lainy, instead of just cooking one portions of stuff and having to tweek all the recipes , maybe you could make the full recipe and freeze the rest in one portion lots, then they will be in the freezer for whenever you need them. Just a suggestion! :)

dont have room in the freezer, and my problem is that i'd be tempted to eat a huge portion after cooking it...at least when i cook a single portion....thats all that there is to eat...no risk of over eating...

and the stuff i tend to do for my self...wouldnt really freeze well...like cottage pie freezes okay, but alot of what i make wouldnt. but i get where your coming from :)

Thats amazing, thanks for the tip! I love mince, but I always feel guilty about it this is great cos there's only so many chicken fillets a girl can eat!

BTW a few pages back I mentioned alpro soya cooking cream being half the fat of regular cream, WELL, I discovered that the Rice Dream version is half that again :D

WI tomorrow but I had a sneaky check this afternoon on my own scales and its looking good, lets hope its not a fluke as have sts the last three weeks if she tells me I'm the same again tomorrow I'm likely to have a breakdown!!!

Vanilla rice dream is great in smoothies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Vanilla rice dream is great in smoothies!

Thanks! I never thought of it for smoothies, I usually have to make mine with only fruit and nothing to thicken it because I'm lactose intolerant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks! I never thought of it for smoothies, I usually have to make mine with only fruit and nothing to thicken it because I'm lactose intolerant.

I dont like milk or yoghurt in smoothies. I just use frozen raspberries, a banana and a bit of juice or summerfruits squash mixed with water. They're gorge. Just like the innocent ones. If you use no added sugar squash, they are 0PP, if you use juice 1PP per 100ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

izzy24 wrote: »
    hey...
    tried the ww sausages this morning and to be honest the hodgins ones are thousand times better...:D... ww ones are bigger but hodgins ones are more meatie...

How many points are in the Hodgins ones?? Has anyone seen them back in stock yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

Evening... could anybody hazard a guess as to how many points might be in an apple pie...from a bakery...yummm. Just demolished one :)
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Just did a workout that my brother in law made out for me:

1. 3 mins skipping, followed by a break of 1 min
    2. Sets of push ups (5, 4, 4, 3, 5), with a break of 45 secs between each set. 1 min break
    3. 25 squats, followed by 1 min break
    4. Plank for 1 min, break of 1 min, plank for 1 min, break of 1 min
    5. 10 star jumps, break of 1 min
    6. 50 sit ups
    Good Jesus, feel like I might die & as it only took 20 mins, I only earned 1 pp but the aim of it is to get toned up and give me abs :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Just made the yummiest creamy tarragon chicken and sautéed rosemary potatoes.

Ingredients:

4 medium chicken breasts
    1 onion
    1 tbsp dried chopped tarragon
    2tsp olive oil
    5 sprays low cal spray
    1tsp dried rosemary (or thyme, I used thyme, didn't have rosemary)
    100g low fat garlic & herb soft cheese
    200ml chicken stock
    50ml vermouth dry or dry white wine (I used white wine)
    800g baby/new potatoes (200g per portion)

Recipe:

1. Spray a frying pan with low cal spray and add the chicken breasts (whole). Cook on a medium-high heat for about 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
    2. Add the onion and cook on a medium heat, until they have softened.
    3. Add the wine/vermouth and let it bubble for a few moments.
    4. Meanwhile, whisk the cheese, chicken stock and tarragon together.
    5. Add the mixture to the chicken and cook on a low heat for 25 minutes. Cover the pan with a lid or tin foil (I used tin foil).
    6. Boil the baby potatoes until you can stick a knife through them. Cut in half, set aside.
    7. Add 2 tsp olive oil to a frying pan and add the potatoes. Turn once and cook until golden, also about 1 minute before they are cooked, add the rosemary/thyme.

I served with carrots and brocolli and I don't normally like creamy chicken sauces but it was gorgeous, really tasty.

Forgot to add, it is 10PP per serving. Thats the chicken and 200g potatoes, sauce etc for 10PP. Great value imho. If you want more or less potatoes, add or subtract the points, I thought 200g was just perfect, maybe even a little bit too much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement