Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biodiesel

• 31-07-2007 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I've started this thread because I'm finding it almost impossible to find places that sell bio-diesel to the public.

If you know of anywhere that does, in Ireland, please add it to this thread and give directions - because they are usually hidden out of the way at the back of some estate somewhere...

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JA12

Royal Biofuels in Athboy sell biodiesel at 95c pl

2nd right on the Oldcastle road out of Athboy N154

I've attached a map - the green Star marks the spot.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

There's a place in Kilkenny that sells it too. When heading to Kilkenny on the Dublin road after you pass Paulstown it's somewhere on the right hand side. Can't remember exactly where(i'll check next time i'm down there) but they have a sign up for Biodiesel. Was about 80c a litre a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Newmans in Tyrrellspass manufacture and sell it also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Great Gas South of Charleville in Co.Cork has it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Jackie laughlin

Can an ordinary diesel car burn bio-diesel without modification? In other words, can I get a fill next time I pass through Kilkenny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

I know a few people that used it and I think there may have been mention of changing filters or at least changing your filters more regularly? A by product of the use of it is a kind of transparent gel that appears to require more frequent fuel line servicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭maniac101

JA12 wrote:
    I've started this thread because I'm finding it almost impossible to find places that sell bio-diesel to the public.

If you know of anywhere that does, in Ireland, please add it to this thread and give directions - because they are usually hidden out of the way at the back of some estate somewhere...

J.
    JA12, I fear that the list is going to be pretty short when you consider the thousands of forecourts in the country. The main reason for this is the Governments botched Mineral Oil Tax Relief scheme, which awarded excise relief to just 16 companies for restricted quantities of biofuels. Some of these companies have no production operations in Ireland at all, (while others actually import their raw materials). Meanwhile, companies already producing biodiesel in Ireland (from Irish crops) who haven't got excise relief can't compete on the forecourts with conventional fossil diesel. Instead, they sell their product to captive fleets, such as Cork City Council, who are prepared to pay the premium for the 'greener' fuel. This is why there are so few places selling to the public.

I think that your list of biodiesel retail outlets won't get much longer in the medium term either, as in future most biodiesel produced in Ireland is likely to be blended with conventional diesel. I suspect that oil companies trading in Ireland will soon be required by law to blend a portion of biofuels in their product. A 5% blend for instance, which is common in the UK, would require an amount of biofuel that is completely beyond the country's ability to produce biodiesel, and indeed well beyond its capability to grow biocrops.

maniac101 wrote:
    JA12, I fear that the list is going to be pretty short when you consider the thousands of forecourts in the country....

That's why I started it, because they are so few and far between. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know exactly where those few are!

J.

Can an ordinary diesel car burn bio-diesel without modification? In other words, can I get a fill next time I pass through Kilkenny?

Absolutely.

I replied to this yesterday, but the board crashed - or at least the network did.

Here's the information I was given about Bio-diesel.

WHAT IS BIODIESEL?
    Biodiesel is diesel fuel produced from Vegetable oils.

IS BIODIESEL THE SAME AS RAW VEGETABLE OIL?
    NO! Biodiesel is an EU registered fuel produced to a strict specification (EN14214).

DO I NEED TO MODIFY MY VEHICLE ENGINE?
    NO! EN14214 Biodiesel can run in any diesel engine WITHOUT MODIFICATION.

CAN I MIX BIODIESEL WITH PETROLEUM DIESEL?
    Biodiesel can be blended at any level with petroleum diesel.

WILL THE PERFORMANCE OF MY VEHICLE BE THE SAME?
    YES! Biodiesel shows the same mileage and horsepower as that run on petroleum diesel.

IS BIODIESEL BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT?
    YES! Biodiesel is non-toxic, biodegradable and reduces CO2 emissions by 70%

WILL THERE BE A SMELL FROM MY CAR?
    NO! It is an odourless fuel.

More Info

Actually, it is not quite "odourless", the exhaust smells the same as the oil in a heated up frying pan. Not unpleasant.

There is one aspect of switching to biodiesel you need to remember, is that biodiesel will clean out your fuel system. This means that with old(er) cars that have been running on petroleum diesel will have a lot of grunge in their tanks, this will be flushed through by the biodiesel and you will probably find yourself replacing/cleaning your fuel filter more often until the grunge has gone.

If your vehicle is very old (over 15 years) and your fuel pipes are made of rubber you will need to change these to modern polythene pipes before using Bio-Diesel (all modern diesel vehicles have polythene pipes fitted as standard).

New cars should be phased in to the new fuel, fill the tank with petroleum diesel, run a couple of hundred miles and top up with biodiesel, do this for 4-5 topups, after that, you should be running on 100% biodiesel.
    Biodiesel is produced from pure vegetable oil, soya, sunflower, hemp, etc through a staged process.

1. the oil is filtered to remove impurities
    2. 2 chemicals are added to the oil to separate the glycerine
    3. the oil is allowed to stand for 24+ hours to allow the glycerine to settle
    4. the glycerine is drained off (sold to soap companies)
    5. the oil goes through a further process to remove the chemicals
    6. the oil is now biodiesel and the biodiesel is clarified
    7. the biodiesel is sold to the customers !!!

You can do this process yourself, the kits are sold (online) in the UK, the kits available can process volumes of 50ltrs and up, and if you have a handy barn and a supply of vegetable oil, then why not (there's the added advantage that you could probably avoid the 37% excise tax this way as well) ?

biodieselwarehouse.co.uk/

Remember that any information on these websites on Tax is applicable to the UK not Ireland.

Hope this helps.

J.

JA12 wrote:
    That's why I started it, because they are so few and far between. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know exactly where those few are!

J.
    Fair enough. Four companies have received excise relief for production of biodiesel specifically. Biodiesel sold at retail outlets in Ireland will likely emanate from these companies, for reasons explained above. The four are:

- Irish Food Processors Ltd., Ardee, Co Louth
    - Conoco Phillips Whitegate Refinery Ltd., Whitegate, Co Cork
    - Biodiesel Production Ireland, Clonskeagh, Dublin 4
    - Green Biofuels Ireland Ltd., Blackstoops, Enniscorthy, Co Wexford

You could try contacting them to find out which retailers they supply. This would give you the complete list.
    JA12 wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jackie laughlin

Absolutely.
    Just one word of warning here! For newer cars check with your dealer regarding warranty before using 100% biodiesel. Some manufacturers won't stand over the warranty if you use pure biodiesel. Citroen, I believe, recommend a maximum B30 blend. Problems have been recorded in areas other than fuel pipes. The seals in some Bosch fuel pumps for instance have been known to leak after prolonged use of 100% biodiesel.

• Advertisement

maniac101 wrote:
    Fair enough. Four companies have received excise relief for production of biodiesel specifically. Biodiesel sold at retail outlets in Ireland will likely emanate from these companies, for reasons explained above. The four are:

- Irish Food Processors Ltd., Ardee, Co Louth
    - Conoco Phillips Whitegate Refinery Ltd., Whitegate, Co Cork
    - Biodiesel Production Ireland, Clonskeagh, Dublin 4
    - Green Biofuels Ireland Ltd., Blackstoops, Enniscorthy, Co Wexford

You could try contacting them to find out which retailers they supply. This would give you the complete list.
    QUOTE]

The list you quote are bulk volume manufacturers and mostly sell to volume users.

There are other producers that do not receive excise relief that still produce it for sale directly to the public, Royal Biofuels, Athboy is one of these, they make their own and sell on site, directly to the public.

I'm hoping that there are more of these small producers around and it is these that would be of great interest to the readers, I'm sure.

J.

JA12 wrote:
    There are other producers that do not receive excise relief that still produce it for sale directly to the public, Royal Biofuels, Athboy is one of these, they make their own and sell on site, directly to the public.
    What does a litre of biodiesel cost at Royal Biofuels?

maniac101 wrote:
    What does a litre of biodiesel cost at Royal Biofuels?

95cpl

Raw materials + 37% Excise Duty + VAT

J.

I've been sending emails to John Gormley, as he is the most senior Green in the Government, as well as being Minister for the Enviroment.

John Gormley

(minister@environ.ie if that doesn't work...)

Might I suggest that some more emails got sent that way, it might make more of a difference if more people than just myself got on this bandwagon :)

J.

JA12 wrote:
    I've been sending emails to John Gormley, as he is the most senior Green in the Government, as well as being Minister for the Enviroment.

John Gormley

Might I suggest that some more emails got sent that way, it might make more of a difference if more people than just myself got on this bandwagon :)

J.
    I'd suggest redirecting your emails to Eamon Ryan at the Department of Communication Energy & Natural Resources, as he's the man with greater responsibility in the area.

If your concerns are environmental ones, you could consider converting your engine to use PPO. It's more environmentally sustainable than biodiesel. There is a list of PPO retailers, but it too is quite short. Its here.

From an environmental point of view, it would be best if biodiesel produced here was blended with conventional diesel by the large oil distributors, as this would make it accessible to all motorists, and not just to the few who happen to be living close to the small operations like the one you refer to. It would also eliminate the potential engine problems associated with 100% biodiesel. I suspect that this will be the approach that Minister Ryan will ultimately promote.

maniac101 wrote:
    I'd suggest redirecting your emails to Eamon Ryan at the Department of Communication Energy & Natural Resources, as he's the man with greater responsibility in the area.

Thanks for that, this I will certainly do.

The more "voters" that raise these issues, the more visiblity they will have in the Dail.

J.

maniac101 wrote:
    If your concerns are environmental ones, you could consider converting your engine to use PPO. It's more environmentally sustainable than biodiesel. There is a list of PPO retailers, but it too is quite short.

My concerns are more to do with cost and the strangle hold the petroleum industry has on Ireland, than environmental, although that is a very nice side effect.

I'm thinking about PPO, but as I've only had the car for 2 weeks, I'm going to leave it a while longer before I start modding it to take PPO (I'm still cringing from the cost of the car!).

There are no PPO suppliers anywhere near me, so I'd have to source my own, or buy gallons of cooking oil in plastic bottles...

J.

Thank you for the help with this.

I'm a recent and reluctant convert to the dangers of global warming. I saw this thread and thought that here was another little bit that I could do. I've also become very wary of some "solutions" and particularly of the Green Party, who frankly use global warming as a slogan but really are not much concerned. Now, what am I on about? Well, Maniac says above that a 5% contribution of biodiesel would require more land than we have. If this is accurate, then production of biodiesel should stop!

Well, Maniac says above that a 5% contribution of biodiesel would require more land than we have. If this is accurate, then production of biodiesel should stop!
    I'm not sure I'd agree with you there. I believe that Ireland should fully exploit its potential to grow biocrops (but not at the expense of our ability to grow food), since home-grown biofuel is far more sustainable than fossil fuel. This potential (on land formerly used for sugarbeet and on set-aside land) is not being fully exploited at the moment, due to ineffective Government policy in my view. With current technologies, we've little hope of meeting the EU Biofuels Directive's target of 10% biofuels for transport by 2020 by using only home-grown crops grown on available arable land. Meeting this target, and indeed meeting the 5.75% target for 2010 will involve the importation of considerable amounts biofuels or biocrops. You'll notice that the shrewd biofuels producers in Ireland are locating their new plants close to shipping ports and not close to farms! Importing biofuels and biocrops is not environmentally sustainable. This has been highlighted by others in other threads on the topic.

I know that the OP was keen to keep this thread for listing biodiesel retailers, so apologies to JA12 for veering off topic here!

Maniac,
    Thank you.

My apologies too for going off topic.

It seems that what we need is an environmentally sound target which we could try to meet locally.

I'll stop now and leave the thread for its intended purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Well, Maniac says above that a 5% contribution of biodiesel would require more land than we have. If this is accurate, then production of biodiesel should stop!

More land is used to grow food to feed livestock than is used to grow food for humans, if the world stopped stuffing its face with meat then there'd be enough land to feed the world's population AND produce biofuel

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

Getting back to the original issue- sourcing PPO or Bio-Diesel,
    living in the northside of Dublin and finding it almost impossible to buy PPO as don't have a forklift to move or space to store 1,000 litre containers. Went to Athboy twice in last 2 weeks with my boot full of gerrycans- only to find that they sold out before lunchtime both days. :( The time it took me to get there all of it was sold.
    If anyone knows anywhere that sells PPO retail in or near Dublin I would be extremely grateful to find a regular reliable source!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭AnotherYou

So basically what people seem to be saying is they'd be happier exhausting the reserves of fossil fuels and THEN looking for the alternate options?

We import fuel at present from some of the farest reaches on the globe. Anyone convinced there isn't enough land for this to be sustainable is only looking at this with one eye open.

Here's the problems, We can't get it anywhere. And where we can get it they're taxing the **** out of it?

Is anyone realising that this is a fuel with 70% less carbon monoxide emissions? And this is early days, these systems will be refined and improved as time goes on just like unleaded petrol has been.

Are we ****ing mental? I'm all for caution in the face of a "to-good-to-be-true" type of technology. But people are just shooting this down before its off the ground?

Simple question folks, Do you like how much Deisel is costing? Cuz its not going to get cheaper, and if it does it wont for long.

How about the ice caps and all that other **** thats so easy to forget?

Christ man, Lets try some optimism.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭AnotherYou

Okay, rant over.

Sorry for the double posts.

Where can I buy a 1000 litre container of this stuff in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Eshaness wrote: »
    Went to Athboy twice in last 2 weeks with my boot full of gerrycans

Even if you'd been able to get your hands on some biodiesel, I have to ask is it worth it to travel that distance? How much fossil fuel was used in the return trip? You'd need to recoup this just to break even. Even then it would have been of more value to the environment to have left the fuel to be used by locals as they don't have to travel to get the fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

Been told that the Great Gas petrol station in Mountrath has now started stocking PPO- but haven't been down that way recently to check it out. No idea what they are charging though. Next time I've to go down the N7 for work will check it out and bring a few gerry cans to stock up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mmac

If you want biodiesel there is a place in slane if you turn towards kells at the castle it sells biodiesel in the first farmyard on the right they seem to have alot of it because they collect waste cooking oil. Runs well for me.
    got a card of them www.slaneoils.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

We're even exporting it at this stage!

[URL=
    http://www.newrossstandard.ie/news/huge-biodiesel-shipment-is-first-to-leave-new-ross-1679353.html]Huge biodiesel shipment is first to leave New Ross[/URL]
    By Esther HAYDEN

Wednesday March 18 2009

A MASSIVE shipment of biodiesel, worth in the region of EUR 1 million, left New Ross port at the weekend.

Sunday marked the first time ever a tanker has been used to export biodiesel from the Marshmeadows based Green Biofuels Ireland (GBI).

The massive shipment of 2,000 tonnes set sail on the morning tide for Amsterdam. The shipment of second-generation biodiesel was loaded onto the 'MT Puccini' tanker at the plant the previous day.

The fuel is manufactured from used cooking oil and tallow, much of which is sourced locally, providing a big boost to the local economy.

When it arrives in Amsterdam, the biodiesel will then be sold to a number of different oil companies in the EU.

Production at the Marshmeadows facility commended in September 2008 with the majority of export sales being to the UK by road tanker.

The facility, which cost EUR 23 million to construct, has the potential to bring EUR 30 million into the local economy when operating at full steam. The plant employs 20 highly skilled staff members, who live locally and keep the plant operating 24 hours a day.

- Esther HAYDEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

What's PPO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Richie15 wrote: »
    What's PPO?
    Pure Plant Oil, I'm guessing. It's essentially filtered waste vegetable oil.

Surely reducing the supply of (bio)diesel to Europe will only see the price of ordinary diesel increase ( albeit in the short-term)!

http://www.reuters.com/article/environmentNews/idUSTRE52B1W920090312?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0
    BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union has imposed anti-dumping and anti-subsidy duties on imports of biodiesel from the United States, the latest in a series of trade frictions between the two trading giants.

From Friday, U.S. firms exporting biodiesel into the EU will have to pay additional anti-dumping tariffs of up to 29 percent, and anti-subsidy duties of between 29 and 41 percent for an initial six months, the EU said in its Official Journal.

"The level of the measures, which are applied together, is set at between 211.20 euros ($269.9) and 237.00 euros per tonne for the anti-subsidy duties and between 23.60 euros and 208.20 euros per tonne for the anti-dumping measures," the European Commission said in a statement.

"This is a flawed decision. The imposition of provisional duties is nothing more than a politically expedient effort to appease the protectionist whims of the European biodiesel industry," Manning Feraci, Vice President of Federal Affairs for the U.S. National Biodiesel Board, said.

The Commission carried out an investigation into imports of U.S. biodiesel last year following a complaint from EU producers of biodiesel -- by far the main biofuel produced in Europe -- who said they were being hammered by U.S. subsidies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Hi all,
    can anyone add any practical experience of full biodiesel use to this thread? Is anyone using it for home heating?

regards
    Stovepipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

djpbarry wrote: »
    Pure Plant Oil, I'm guessing. It's essentially filtered waste vegetable oil.
    PPO is usually pressed from Rapeseed, WVO is waste vegetable oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

With due respect, anyone who buys Biodiesel needs examining. Make it yourselves people, go onto youtube and type in MIKE PELLEY. He will show you how it be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭SeanW

Surely reducing the supply of (bio)diesel to Europe will only see the price of ordinary diesel increase ( albeit in the short-term)!

http://www.reuters.com/article/environmentNews/idUSTRE52B1W920090312?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

I had read something about that alright, a practice called "Splash and Dash" where U.S. Biodiesel sellers import cheap biodiesel, mix in some U.S. made biodiesel, and sell the resulting stuff on to Europe and claim a bunch of tax credits. Didn't think it would all end up with import tariffs though - surely if we want to get off fossil fuels, we should grab every drop! subsidised or not.
    IT Loser wrote: »
    With due respect, anyone who buys Biodiesel needs examining. Make it yourselves people, go onto youtube and type in MIKE PELLEY. He will show you how it be done.

I've seen some materials on the matter, first you have to acquire some used veggie oil, heat it up, test it for acidity levels, use a mix of lye and sodium hydroxide, leave the whole thing in a heated tank for 3 days then run the result through a number of highly specialised filters.

In short, you have to be a D.I.Y enthusiast with a lot of free time and a good deal of knowledge. You also have to compete with the big recyclers for precious little raw material. Oh and, there's also some nasty road fuel duty and tax issues as well.

Practical for some, but it makes little sense to say that anyone who buys biodiesel "needs their head examined"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

SeanW wrote: »
    Oh and, there's also some nasty road fuel duty and tax issues as well.
    Shhhhhh! :p

That's the first time I've seent he entire process simplified like that, been reading up on it a bit. Cheers! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 watts2434

JA12 wrote: »

John Gormley

J.
    whats the email? Im in boss sign me up.

muddy

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Hi All,
    Looking at making my own biodiesel does anybody have any experience in this? Just looking at it today but would like to know if the biodiesel produced will run in domestic heating systems and any diesel car without conversion. What oil is best to use is used veg oil usable or any good?
    I have been looking at setups to make it are they expensive to run? what is involved in the process as I have no understanding of it (heating and filtering is all I know).
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

Hi All,
    Looking at making my own biodiesel does anybody have any experience in this? Just looking at it today but would like to know if the biodiesel produced will run in domestic heating systems and any diesel car without conversion. What oil is best to use is used veg oil usable or any good?
    I have been looking at setups to make it are they expensive to run? what is involved in the process as I have no understanding of it (heating and filtering is all I know).
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks

oil boilers are kerosene so i doubt it would work. proper biodiesel will work in a car without conversion, but the quality has to be up to scratch.

if you want to run the heating off it you should look for a waste oil burner, cn be fitted to existing boilers i do believe. you can throw anything into those including used engine oil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

oil boilers are kerosene so i doubt it would work. proper biodiesel will work in a car without conversion, but the quality has to be up to scratch.

if you want to run the heating off it you should look for a waste oil burner, cn be fitted to existing boilers i do believe. you can throw anything into those including used engine oil.

My boiler runs on agri diesel not kerosene. I had heard of the waste oil burners are they any use as there is always alot of used engine oil floating about.
    I was looking at a full setup that will deliver good quality oil. Looks liek I could do the first 1000l for about 850euro and each 1000l after that for 400euro which is pretty cheap 85cent for first batch and 40cent each following batch. Has anybody done this before is there alot of work involved in it? I do have spare time as I work shift so shouldnt be a problem but would just like to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

If you have a Riello type rocket boiler they supply a set of seals for bio diesel so easy to convert.

If you have a fancy condensing type then I do not know what might happen. Stick to the low maintenance basic technology if you are going down that route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭dathi

5000 euro fine if you are caught burning waste oil without a licence from the EPA

dathi wrote: »
    5000 euro fine if you are caught burning waste oil without a licence from the EPA

Of course you're not going to get caught.

The Law in this country seems to put an abrupt halt to anything that strays outside the status quo, anything the slightest bit entrepreneurial or innovative seems tangled in legal problems

I think Google's Eric Schmidt <snip> was right about one thing: The Government is an incumbent protection machine.

nice rant ghost you seem to forget two christmases ago when all the pork and ham had to be removed from shelves because of dioxin contamination when one of our northern cousins supplied oil that was contaminated with waste engine oil to a pig feed manufacturer .

dathi wrote: »
    nice rant ghost you seem to forget two christmases ago when all the pork and ham had to be removed from shelves because of dioxin contamination when one of our northern cousins supplied oil that was contaminated with waste engine oil to a pig feed manufacturer .

but the OP wants it for a domestic system so I can't imagine any pork getting contaminated

no he will just contaminate himself and his neighbours with dioxins and then wonder why everyones health is suffering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭SeanW

Hey everyone;

On a semi-related note, does anyone know where I could buy Biodiesel for my car? Anywhere in the Dublin or North Midlands area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Gunner69

Hi, As we all know diesel is sky rocketing and the AA are forecasting € 2.00 per litre by mid year. Has anyone stepped up to the mark in Ireland with supplying bio diesel on the forecourt. Has anyone an up to date list of Forecourts and prices. Presumambly the price of bio is still around € 1.25 a litre, as the raw material hasnt increased...............this surely makes it a very real alternative now. Can anyone help with advertising a list of real alternative suppliers ? ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Gunner69 wrote: »
    Hi, As we all know diesel is sky rocketing and the AA are forecasting € 2.00 per litre by mid year. Has anyone stepped up to the mark in Ireland with supplying bio diesel on the forecourt. Has anyone an up to date list of Forecourts and prices. Presumambly the price of bio is still around € 1.25 a litre, as the raw material hasnt increased...............this surely makes it a very real alternative now. Can anyone help with advertising a list of real alternative suppliers ? ?

Have a look here and here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement