Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Liberalism the new Conservatism for the fool Irish?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

"In my opinion this", "in my opinion that" - it's either a fact or it isn't a fact, opinion has nothing to do with it.
    Why do you care so much about what political ideology something is attached to, OP? I know it's a scary thought, but why not just be of whatever view you believe is right rather than ensuring it's conservative all the time and in opposition to "liberal"?
    Oh and people actually believe these things, they're not trying to be cool. Just because that's your "opinion" doesn't make it correct. Ditto your awesomely stupid and unsubstantiated views on gay people.
    And yeah, Alive! deserved all the hate and abuse, because it is a hateful, abusive, vile publication. If it were an equally hate-filled muslim publication, the reaction would be the same (ok, admittedly you'd get the odd annoying "It's their culture" protest, but they'd only be in a very small minority).
    You also clearly think you're better than others so you know... stones, glasshouses...

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Teddy_Picker

I remember a while ago a person here made a topic about the paper Alive!

And the abuse, hatred, and vile comments made against that newspaper, for no reason, were something rotten. The moderators didn't only not do anything about it, they actually encouraged it or were involved in it.

IMO, the idiot Irish (most Irish, I am Irish but I'm talking in general) have come full circle. It was the parents and grandparents of the idiot liberalized fools in Ireland now who were the ones who were MOST under the foot of the Catholic Church in Ireland. And now you hate them so much because you have such issues, you think you're "above" them.

One severely mentally impaired individual even said something about how the people who read Alive! should all be killed. I found that extremely insulting, because my dad used to be a "casual" Catholic who sometimes read that paper. I am an atheist myself, but I just find it so sickening that these people who are such idiots are of such low self-esteem that they feel the need to take it out on others.

If it were a Muslim paper talking about Muslim activities and someone made a topic about it here, would you have people shouting vile insults at it? No, you'd be banned, and probably a complaint made to the gardai if someone said something about the people who read it should be shot.

And really, Ireland was stupidly conservative years ago. Now it's become the exact opposite, people think that if you're against immigration you must be some conservative fool. They seem to think if you're against homosexual marriage (which I am), you must be some conservative nitwit when it is they themselves who are retarded.

So IMO Irish people are in general extremely weak-minded idiots who know nothing and just go along with whatever is the "cool" thing to do in the day.
    Sharing is a bunch of bull too. And helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance? :pac:

Tcha, those idiot liberal Irish, what with their support for progress and not judging people based on superficial means! Next they'll be giving women the vote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭dilbert2

I never said that, I said the people who consider themselves "superior" to other people who are against such things.

Right, and those smug Holy Joes don't feel superior to those devilish atheists and non-religious heathens then? :rolleyes:
    Older conservative people for example. The younger liberalized people have no respect for them, consider them stupid, even many politicians do.

Actually, nearly every government since the foundation of the state has been pandering to some of these dinosaurs - change is long overdue in order for Ireland to become a healthy and modern country, free from the so much of the bull that we have put up with whether from Fianna Fail/ Fine Gael, the Catholic Church, an outdated class system, greedy farmers put on a pedestal, and their every whim pandered to by FF/ FG. If all of this is what the older generations initiated, then i'm glad a newer generation is coming along with more enlightened opinions and views.
    They are all completely for ruining our foods bringing GM foods into the country, and they dont know anything themselves.

Link please? As far as I know it's been the likes of Greena Fail who have been against GM crop growth. I haven't heard any farmers whinge about it yet, which is unusual.
    They trust what the people in Brussels say, they trust the bankers and the "scientists" who say it's all okay and make stupid amounts of money from it.

Actually it's Fianna Failure who sold our country out to bankers. Scientists are more qualified to make science based assertions and decisions than you are, providing of course - you disprove any of their claims, using the scientific method alone. Maybe it's the fact that in science, you need evidence and the fact you can't bring in your own biased and subjective opinions and try and pass utter bull**** for fact, that puts you off science and scientists.
    I'm against a homosexual couple raising a child, because it's not something that's natural.

What is unnatural about it then?
    It's not something that's seen in nature.

Proof please?
    I believe that homosexuality is a flaw.

No it's not, but your thinking is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I love the whole "gays are un-natural" argument.

Humans are part of the natural world. We're animals, we're not divine, we're not special.

There's your homosexuality occuring in nature, morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I love the whole "gays are un-natural" argument.

Humans are part of the natural world. We're animals, we're not divine, we're not special.

There's your homosexuality occuring in nature, morons.

So I guess it is natural to dress up like Brian Cowen and have a stripper beat you with a neon yellow dildo. Hooray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Fremen wrote: »
    So I guess it is natural to dress up like Brian Cowen and have a stripper beat you with a neon yellow dildo.

Naturally

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

I remember a while ago a person here made a topic about the paper Alive!

And the abuse, hatred, and vile comments made against that newspaper, for no reason, were something rotten.

You've answered your own question. Emboldened to help you out.

This is a newspaper that has run headlines like "Brian Lenihan encourages unnatural gender roles: says its okay for boys to play with dolls" and "EU - Communist Empire by stealth!"

Then there's the cringe-worthy 'Dumb-bag' segment in the back of every newspaper, where the priest assumes the persona of Satan rubbing his hands with glee at these foolish secularists, doing for him what he could never do: kill the message of Christ!

Or how about when the same ****ing idiot decides to pretend to be a 6th year Leaving Cert. student (a girl, invariably) enthusing about their personal relationship with faith. Every issue. It's funny how the tone of all those pieces never changes and each one reads just like a sermon from Sunday Mass. Isn't it?

But no, really, the nail in the coffin for Alive! has to be 'nothing published here reflects the opinions or views of the Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin or the Dominican Order.'

Because the Bishops themselves have told this Dominican without a cause repeatedly to stop embarrassing them.

How do I know so much about it? Well, I once took a copy for myself ... and picked up the rest of the bundle and put them in the bin. Don't leave that ****e hanging around UCC for just anyone (say, a heathen like me) to pick up in future, my fundamentalist friends :p

Oh yeah, the OP said "liberals" support the banks... indicating he hasn't a bull's notion what he's on about...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Dudess wrote: »
    "In my opinion this", "in my opinion that" - it's either a fact or it isn't a fact, opinion has nothing to do with it.
    Why do you care so much about what political ideology something is attached to, OP? I know it's a scary thought, but why not just be of whatever view you believe is right rather than ensuring it's conservative all the time and in opposition to "liberal"?
    Oh and people actually believe these things, they're not trying to be cool. Just because that's your "opinion" doesn't make it correct. Ditto your awesomely stupid and unsubstantiated views on gay people.
    And yeah, Alive! deserved all the hate and abuse, because it is a hateful, abusive, vile publication. If it were an equally hate-filled muslim publication, the reaction would be the same (ok, admittedly you'd get the odd annoying "It's their culture" protest, but they'd only be in a very small minority).
    You also clearly think you're better than others so you know... stones, glasshouses...

The reason I care about a person's ideology so much is because I find it offensive that they are so against our own culture. If they are being offensive against things I believe in or have a lot of respect for, they should expect the same thing back at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Op your posts are full of lulz and you cant see them.

• Advertisement

What's "our own culture"?

Plautus wrote: »
    You've answered your own question. Emboldened to help you out.

This is a newspaper that has run headlines like "Brian Lenihan encourages unnatural gender roles: says its okay for boys to play with dolls" and "EU - Communist Empire by stealth!"

Then there's the cringe-worthy 'Dumb-bag' segment in the back of every newspaper, where the priest assumes the persona of Satan rubbing his hands with glee at these foolish secularists, doing for him what he could never do: kill the message of Christ!

Or how about when the same ****ing idiot decides to pretend to be a 6th year Leaving Cert. student (a girl, invariably) enthusing about their personal relationship with faith. Every issue. It's funny how the tone of all those pieces never changes and each one reads just like a sermon from Sunday Mass. Isn't it?

But no, really, the nail in the coffin for Alive! has to be 'nothing published here reflects the opinions or views of the Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin or the Dominican Order.'

Because the Bishops themselves have told this Dominican without a cause repeatedly to stop embarrassing them.

How do I know so much about it? Well, I once took a copy for myself ... and picked up the rest of the bundle and put them in the bin. Don't leave that ****e hanging around UCC for just anyone (say, a heathen like me) to pick up in future, my fundamentalist friends :p

You wouldn't do this to the likes of the Daily Mail.

You wouldn't throw a pile of Daily Mail there were in the shop into a rubbish bin would you?

You are entitled to take one Alive! paper (and throw it in the bin if you want), if you take anymore, you're a thief. Idiot.

'Our own culture' is what Benedict XVI told him about the Christian heritage of Europe meaning that Muslims, 'alternative lifestyles' and contraception don't belong in a civilised society.

Pity that it's a load of horse-****, seeing as the history of Europe is the history of Church and State going their separate ways (incrementally) since 1100. But Benedict doesn't let that stop him rolling out the trite conceit. Presumably the same for our friend here.

And yeah, I'd totally do that with the Daily Mail. But seeing as Alive is free, I helped myself to as many copies as I wanted and saved money. It's economics, stupid!

How do you know I didn't need all those copies for myself and then did what I wanted with them? Besides, Father, don't tell me you didn't count my actions as a boost in circulation figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭dilbert2

Then there's the cringe-worthy 'Dumb-bag' segment in the back of every newspaper,

Hey lay off dumb-bag - he is one my sources of amusement when i'm having a bad day.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Obvious **** is obvious, even by AH standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

You wouldn't throw a pile of Daily Mail there were in the shop into a rubbish bin would you?

You are entitled to take one Alive! paper (and throw it in the bin if you want), if you take anymore, you're a thief. Idiot.

He's robbing a free magazine? How do you work that one out? Not saying I would do it, but if I was gonna do it to Alive!, I'd sure as shit do it to the Daily Mail too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

And the abuse, hatred, and vile comments ......And now you hate them so much because you have such issues, you think you're "above" them... such idiots are of such low self-esteem ...One severely mentally impaired individual.....when it is they themselves who are retarded....extremely weak-minded idiots who know nothing ......

Youve got to admit the trolls around these parts are getting funnier.........

And yeah, I'd totally do that with the Daily Mail. But seeing as Alive is free, I helped myself to as many copies as I wanted and saved money. It's economics, stupid!

The law calls it thievery. You could go to jail for it.
    How do you know I didn't need all those copies for myself and then did what I wanted with them?

It doesn't matter how many you "need", you are allowed one. Even if it's for purely "legitimate" reasons you are not entitled to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Banned for abuse.

I'd say SuperInfinity actually believes the sh1te he says. There's a handful of Boards heads (Casey is another - he has about 50 usernames) who feel Ireland being less staunchly conservative is a big huge conspiracy and really just people trying to be trendy (because, you know, they'd never actually believe in this stuff) - and they take it VERY personally...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Are you involved in any way with Alive!?

If so, any chance you could print it on softer paper - preferably 2-ply. Thanks.

It's not written anywhere Father that I only get 'one'. Look, I needed a copy for each of my friends - and they didn't want one. So I binned them. But look - don't get your knickers in a twist. It still counts as circulation for the purposes of advertising. I was helping the paper out!

Please ... you're not going to report me, are you? :(

Banned for abuse.

I'm taking this to dispute resolution. We need the OP to poke fun at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

there is a very good reason for the abuse the paper recieved-it's a steaming pile of schite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Sorry but I'm completely with the OP here.

It's a disgrace that people on here try to take cheap shots at, and ridicule those brave Uruguayan rugby players. You should all be ashamed of yourselves! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'd say he would, meself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Animals that were exclusively homosexuals would not make evolutionary sense. I heard of one single case of "homosexual penguins".... this is probably because they had made some mistake or maybe their hormones weren't right (possibly due to human activity).
    As others have said, there's quite a lot of it about. In fact, there are much worse things out there than just gay penguins who enjoy a bit of stick.

A few years back, I went on the lash one evening with with Kees Moeliker, the Dutch researcher who described the first-known sighting of male homosexual necrophilia in the Mallard duck:

http://mudfooted.com/unusual-homosexual-duck-necrophilia/

Imagine that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I blame the PC brigade. It's always the PC brigade.
    Or the parents. Don't forget the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

robindch wrote: »
    A few years back, I went on the lash one evening with with Kees Moeliker, the Dutch researcher who described the first-known sighting of male homosexual necrophilia in the Mallard duck
    Yeah but those Dutch are depraved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm against a homosexual couple raising a child, because it's not something that's natural. It's not something that's seen in nature. I believe that homosexuality is a flaw.
    How can it be unnatural when two natural animals (humans) do it. Humans are part of nature making anything they do natural.

Alive deserves everything it's got coming to it. It's bigotry and propaganda based on fairy tails and ignorance. I was once of the mind set as a non believer of live and let live but I've come to the opinion that people use religion to spread hate so I consider the major religions to be a curse on humanity. I'm not against religion but the likes of the catholic church is just an abuse of everything. I even think it's an abomination against the story of Jesus.

Advertisement