Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile 3g - Anyone having Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭logonmar

[HTML]*5005*86*171# [/HTML]
    Put these numbers into phone & pressed call but nothing happened.

Should it be *87* if using an 087 number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

logonmar wrote: »
    [HTML]*5005*86*171# [/HTML]
    Put these numbers into phone & pressed call but nothing happened.

Should it be *87* if using an 087 number?

No. The 86 part of that string is unrelated to the MSISDN or network. Try it again. It works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭logonmar

Tried again a few times but nothing happens when I enter this string & press Call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi logonmar

Try this

*004*[Your voice mailbox like +353875xxxxxxx]#

This sets all conditional diverts to go to your voicemail

If you want to just set if busy, no answer, unreachable on their own its as below

If busy
    *67*[dest]*11#

If no answer
    *61*[dest]*11*[sec]#

If unreachable
    *62*[dest]*11#

hope this helps

regards
    Paul

Hi Guys

Difficult to lock down an exact date but it is most likely less than 2 weeks away. We are a few weeks off track for various reasons but work is in progress now.

regards
    Paul

Hi All

Just to give an update on the removal of data proxy restrictions. Was hoping that this would be finished this week but this work is going on next week also.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

I will ditch Meteor and come back to Tesco Mobile if two things were to happen:

1. Removal of internet proxy.
    2. Match Meteor's 10c per min to call UK landlines and mobiles.

Thanks Kotek.

There will be some International rate changes announced on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

Thanks Kotek.

There will be some International rate changes announced on Monday.

oooohhh paul. you do tease us:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Dont forget webtexts too. :D

emo72 wrote: »
    oooohhh paul. you do tease us:D

I know...I am bursting to tell you but the marketing guys have me reigned in until Monday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭finbarrrr

Paul,

I have a former O2 Xperia 8. Now unlocked and using Tesco now..

I followed all the suggestions here but I'm still not getting a 3G connection..

I have the "H" symobol beside the 'R'.. The 'H' Up Arrow flashes between white and Grayed out. The Up Arrow is grayed out all the time..

Any other suggestions on testing / setting up my 3G reception...

John

finbarrrr wrote: »
    Paul,

I have a former O2 Xperia 8. Now unlocked and using Tesco now..

I followed all the suggestions here but I'm still not getting a 3G connection..

I have the "H" symobol beside the 'R'.. The 'H' Up Arrow flashes between white and Grayed out. The Up Arrow is grayed out all the time..

Any other suggestions on testing / setting up my 3G reception...

John

Hi John

Have you followed the steps as below?

regards
    Paul

1. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks and turn on Data Roaming

2. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names and delete all existing APN’s.

3. Create a new Internet APN with settings

Name: TMI Internet APN
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    Port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: default, supl

(sometimes for APN Type setting you are only allowed choose froma list. If so choose Internet or default)

4. Create a new MMS APN with settings

Name: TMI MMS APN
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: mms

5. Change DNS to 0.0.0.0 Allowed in secret menu

"Open the Phone dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#*
    Tap on Phone Information
    Scroll Down and set Toggle DNS Check to 0.0.0.0 Allowed"

6. Reboot your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Are we getting webtexts anytime soon ??:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭chka

Hi Logonmar,

I am disappointed to hear your experience is not good with Tesco Mobile so far.

For an unlocked iPhone on TMI, if you follow the instructions here exactly you should be able to use the internet and send/receive MMS.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70211208&postcount=160

There are restrictions at the moment to HTTP/Port 80 only web surfing and apps that use HTTP/Port 80. This is in fact being worked on to be removed this week (all going to plan).

We dont sell the iPhone but we accept that users will want to use any phone of their choosing on our network. This is why we are providing settings on Android/iPhone and we have our OTA tool to cover almost all other handsets available here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/phonesettings.aspx

Note, Tesco Mobile's network coverage is provided by O2 and will be the same level as O2 in your area..

I will PM you for details so I can follow up on any other issue you may be having here.

Again apologies for the inconvenice these issues are causing you.

regards
    Paul
    The problem with iPhone and TescoMobile is how to set the proxy, without hacking (jailbreaking) your phone. I just did that for my wife's phone, and you only need the iPhone configuration utility (get it from here: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/enterprise/) and just create a new configuration profile with the APN and Proxy details.

btw paul. i expect you to have pricing news up here at 00.01 monday morning! okay?

okay paul. spill the beans.

Hi Guys

See our facebook page for announcement on international rates

regards
    Paul

paul this page is saying 50 cents per min to uk.
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/international/index.aspx

i take it that they have not updated it yet, as facebook is 9 cents per min.

can you confirm this?

i take it that they have not updated it yet, as facebook is 9 cents per min.

can you confirm this?

9c a minute? For mobiles too? Woohoo! I'm switching.

Btw, I don't believe in social networking and I don't have a facebook account.

9c a minute? For mobiles too? Woohoo! I'm switching.

Btw, I don't believe in social networking and I don't have a facebook account.

i have no facebook either. no interest in it. i notice a lot of companies using it to push their communication with customers. thats not a great idea.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys

Website is not updated yet, will be in a few hours but I wanted to get the info out to our facebook and forum contributors first.

Its 9c to landline and 20c to mobile. There are 18 other reductions to international mobile destinations also that will be listed when the website is updated.

regards
    Paul

Hi Guys

Website is not updated yet, will be in a few hours but I wanted to get the info out to our facebook and forum contributors first.

Its 9c to landline and 20c to mobile. There are 18 other reductions to international mobile destinations also that will be listed when the website is updated.

regards
    Paul

okay paul thats nice. now, do away with THE POXY PROXY and your work here will be finished:D

Its 9c to landline and 20c to mobile.

Oh dear. BIG shame. I'll have to stick with Meteor for their 10c to UK mobiles then. :(

Oh dear. BIG shame. I'll have to stick with Meteor for their 10c to UK mobiles then. :(

Its still pretty good Kotek coming from 50c! We will keep working on value in everything we do - so hopefully we can convince you yet :)

okay paul thats nice. now, do away with THE POXY PROXY and your work here will be finished:D

My work will never be done Emo :D

Proxy removal is hopefully this Thu. Trying to get the tech team to commit to it but you know how these things can be!

Its still pretty good Kotek coming from 50c! We will keep working on value in everything we do - so hopefully we can convince you yet :)

Still double the price of Meteor though.. :(

Website now updated with new International pricing

http://www.tescomobile.ie/international/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

Are there any plans for Tesco Ireland to start selling a range of smartphones?

ingalway wrote: »
    Are there any plans for Tesco Ireland to start selling a range of smartphones?

yea paul, the choice of handsets is really awful. tesco uk has a much better selection. go get em.

• Advertisement

Noted guys.....working on it already ;)

Advertisement