Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 31/01 *rumble & Live Spoilers*

Options
  • 31-01-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Tonight’s WWE RAW will take place from the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island with all the fallout from the Royal Rumble. Advertised locally is John Cena and Randy Orton vs. CM Punk and The Miz with Michael Cole as referee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Was the thread marked with *Spoilers*?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That sounds like a dark match to me. But who knows.
    Xinkai wrote: »
    Was the thread marked with *Spoilers*?
    Basically anything to do with last nights royal rumble stick it in spoiler tags.

Not a lot that happened last night obviously affects raw tonight apart from
    Eve
    and
    The miz
    winning their matches.

(yeah, just like that. :))

• Registered Users Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Liz you should add Royal Rumble spoilers in the title, so we can discuss it without having to use annoying spoiler text.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope a mod will change the title and add RR results - I have asked

Sorry I assumed Spoilers in the title would include RR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

So when do ya reckon HHH will be making an appearance??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭Degag

Could be tonight. Last time he returned after an injury it was on RAW. Although, i'd imagine it wouldn't be a secret so ratings would be bumped.

Degag wrote: »
    Could be tonight. Last time he returned after an injury it was on RAW. Although, i'd imagine it wouldn't be a secret so ratings would be bumped.

I recon it will be teased.
    They wont just give it away without any prior warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

I hope he returns tonight or in a few weeks.

i really wan't to see Sheamus in a serious feud

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cant wait to see Santino claim his rightful place in line for a title shot. After all he was the last Raw guy standing last night :P

Presumably we'll start the run-up towards EC and we might see some qualification matches. I'm predicting...

Cena vs Orton vs Miz vs Santino vs Sheamus vs Punk

Cant wait to see Santino claim his rightful place in line for a title shot. After all he was the last Raw guy standing last night :P

Presumably we'll start the run-up towards EC and we might see some qualification matches. I'm predicting...

Cena vs Orton vs Miz vs Santino vs Sheamus vs Punk

I think HHH, Morrison and Bryan might be in there before Santino

I hope the Raw GM is revealed tonight *coughs* Cole

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Orton v Punk. That is two years overdue.

Yeah, I know Santino is a long shot. But I figure there's some story and character development that practically writes itself at the moment. Santino claims he came second and deserves a title shot. He manages to survive a qualification match and they start building him up as the ultimate underdog...

Really though, I guess JoMo will get in there ahead of him though :/

Yeah, I know Santino is a long shot. But I figure there's some story and character development that practically writes itself at the moment. Santino claims he came second and deserves a title shot. He manages to survive a qualification match and they start building him up as the ultimate underdog...

Really though, I guess JoMo will get in there ahead of him though :/

He is really over maybe he gets a title shot tonight and defeats Miz :p

He's supposed to be a very good wrestler, great on the mic and is amazingly over with the crowd, considering how he's portrayed. Would love if he got a proper push, but i doubt it!

I honestly, HONESTLY think Santino could be an absolute star. Good look, great on the mic, over with the crowd, not half bad in the ring either. It would only take a few small character tweaks I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Cant see Santino getting any sort of title push but he might get some sort of #1 contenders match vs Orton tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

D.Q wrote: »
    I honestly, HONESTLY think Santino could be an absolute star. Good look, great on the mic, over with the crowd, not half bad in the ring either. It would only take a few small character tweaks I'd say.

Not a hope in hell. Comedy character is his limit. He failed as a serious competitor for a reason.

You could say the same about an awful lot of people in the past though.

The Miz being one.

The Rock had an X-Pac level of hate years ago aswell.

• Advertisement

WWE has announced that this year's Royal Rumble winner, Alberto Del Rio, will appear on Raw tonight to announce which Champion he will be facing at WrestleMania 27.

As for Santino, he failed as a serious wrestler cause he came out of nowhere and people were given little reason to get behind him; he was great in Italy for the first show but after that, he was a generic nobody.

Now things are different. He is over with the crowd. They've planted the seeds over the last few weeks that Koslov is teaching him how to wrestle. He shouldn't be thrust straight to the main event but they can slowly move him up the ladder. But then, I'm of the opinion that if WWE wanted to and REALLY wanted to, they could push just about anyone to ME status. The problem is they don't have faith in anyone and give up on all pushes two weeks after they start (see Swagger, Bourne, Kofi...)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not a hope in hell. Comedy character is his limit. He failed as a serious competitor for a reason.

Agreed. He is awful in the ring. He is where he should be at the moment. I like him a lot and have done for years but as a main eventer...no chance.

I'm curious to see if Booker or Nash will be on the show tonight. I might stay up and watch it in the hope they will appear.

Anyone know if they will announce another entrant to the Hall of Fame?

Agreed. He is awful in the ring. He is where he should be at the moment. I like him a lot and have done for years but as a main eventer...no chance.

I'm curious to see if Booker or Nash will be on the show tonight. I might stay up and watch it in the hope they will appear.

Anyone know if they will announce another entrant to the Hall of Fame?
    How did you come to that conclusion?

How did you come to that conclusion?

Watching him the last few years. He can be funny in the ring with his splits, cobra and so on but if he was asked to main event a show he would fail badly just like he failed the first time he was presented as a serious competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So i have nothing else to do 2nite any reasons at all why i should watch raw based on what i saw last nite *****e* lol???

Watching him the last few years. He can be funny in the ring with his splits, cobra and so on but if he was asked to main event a show he would fail badly just like he failed the first time he was presented as a serious competitor.
    He's never gotten a chance to wrestle properly. Apparently there are alot of videos of him on youtube in OVW etc, and he's supposed to be very good in the ring.

He's never gotten a chance to wrestle properly. Apparently there are alot of videos of him on youtube in OVW etc, and he's supposed to be very good in the ring.

He had a good chance when he won the IC title in fairness. He was presented as a credible wrestler then but he was just not up to it. Wasn't he nearly released before he caught on as a comedic heel?

I've heard all the stories about him supposedly being great in developmental, that he used a gimmick similar to the one Kozlov uses and so on, and I reckon it was all a major exaggeration. Just my two cents on him. I do like him and hope he stays for a long time but I can't ever see him in the main event picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

He is good for a laugh but US/IC title at most,if he does get into the EC match it will be as cannon fodder,nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I agree. He's like an OTT Scotty 2 Hotty with an even more limited moveset. Fun to watch, but in the end, its all comedy.

He's not very technical and his moveset is extremely limited and he seems to have decided to no longer use a lot of the impressive stuff he used in OVW (I hear).

He's too much of a joke character now. It's one thing being somewhat funny and toning it down and becoming serious (look at the Big Show when he was imitating Hulk etc), but he's gone to the extreme end of the comedy spectrum that he can never be taken seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

One question on him,who as a heel could he main event against,would you watch him in a match against Cena or Orton and feel he could beat either of them with the Cobra.

Advertisement