Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russel Bran posts pic of Katy Perry on Twitter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

this reminds me of the thread a couple of weeks ago where i could not prove enough that Rihanna was better looking that katy perry, now what do you say ya shower of ...... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

cypharius wrote: »
    Does anyone actually find Russel Bran funny?

I used hate him. Then I saw him on two editions of Big Fat Quiz of the Year and from that alone my opinion of him was swayed. Not a big fan of his standup but he's brilliant on panel shows. I'd love to see him and Noel Fielding do more stuff together because they work really well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I used hate him. Then I saw him on two editions of Big Fat Quiz of the Year and from that alone my opinion of him was swayed. Not a big fan of his standup but he's brilliant on panel shows. I'd love to see him and Noel Fielding do more stuff together because they work really well together.

the old radio shows are classic - especially any of them that featured Noel Gallagher - he absolutely tears into Russell

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

She just looks pale and tired really. No biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

OisinT wrote: »

All can be forgiven when one sees her 'spanning time' in Buffalo 66. Hot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Just Russell Brand being a dick as usual.

I wish life was like b.ie sometimes so sharpy could ban him.

She's still way above him, even without the slap on anyway-she actually has a personality and discernable talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Katy Perry is a poor man's Zooey Deschanel

She's not even a dead man's Zooey Deschanel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

She's still way above him, even without the slap on anyway-she actually has a personality and discernable talent.

Just to be clear, you think this is discernable talent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMSepxmZQNg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

pmcmahon wrote: »
    then why does russell brand wear it?

Cos he's an unfunny, junkie cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

So a person who can't sing, write or perform is more talented than another person who writes their own material and is a good performer (regardless of whether you like his comedy style)

• Advertisement

Cos he's an unfunny, junkie cnut.
    Is that you Andrew Sachs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Is that you Andrew Sachs?

Qué?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Katy Perry is looking worse and worse - someone needs to get her some slap ASAP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Most celebs look normal. Its just the whole glam of it. Look at Cheryl cole, princess by day, chav by night.

This is true enough. It also works the other way. There's a friend of mine, not ugly or anything but not the prettiest girl in the world either, just normal, maybe a little too plain even. Anyway her sister bought her this photo session thing for her birthday. You go in and there is a professional makeup artist and pro photographer and they have all the different lighting or whatever.

I remember the first time I seen one of the photos from it in her apartment. Dear god...... I didn't even recognise her, thought it was some French (just had that look) movie star that she liked or something. Could have put it alongside a photo of Scarlet Johanson and Angelina Jolie and ten other gorgeous celebrities and a lot of guys would have easily had her in the top 3. I certainly would in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

strobe wrote: »
    This is true enough. It also works the other way. There's a friend of mine, not ugly or anything but not the prettiest girl in the world either, just normal, maybe a little too plain even. Anyway her sister bought her this photo session thing for her birthday. You go in and there is a professional makeup artist and pro photographer and they have all the different lighting or whatever.

I remember the first time I seen one of the photos from it in her apartment. Dear god...... I didn't even recognise her, thought it was some French (just had that look) movie star that she liked or something. Could have put it alongside a photo of Scarlet Johanson and Angelina Jolie and ten other gorgeous celebrities and a lot of guys would have easily had her in the top 3. I certainly would in anyway.

Nice freudian slip there, you know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Who's Russel Bran? :confused: is that the Bran Flakes guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

So a person who can't sing, write or perform is more talented than another person who writes their own material and is a good performer (regardless of whether you like his comedy style)

I'm confused. Are you implying she can't sing write or perform:confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Like their marriage is going to last anyway.

Assuming it was ever a real marriage in the first place.

We all know she slaps the makeup on with a trowel... but i'm not entirely convinced that's her

It's not the sort of hoax that you could put past Brand. Or maybe even the two of them together.

I'm confused. Are you implying she can't sing write or perform:confused:
    I'm doing more than implying.

She is listed as a writing credit on all of her music (lyric writing credits usually), but in reality it's Bonnie McKee and Max Martin that write the majority of her music.
    Reviews of her performance have been not favourable and her singing is just like all other pop music, vocoded and/or autotuned to death and overproduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm doing more than implying.

She is listed as a writing credit on all of her music (lyric writing credits usually), but in reality it's Bonnie McKee and Max Martin that write the majority of her music.
    Reviews of her performance have been not favourable and her singing is just like all other pop music, vocoded and/or autotuned to death and overproduced.

You've been googling Katy Perry and actually reading articles about her??!!??

I've lost a lot of respect for you here OisinT, a lot...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

"Russel Bran"?

Sounds like a new special Dog Food for constipated pets :)

You've been googling Katy Perry and actually reading articles about her??!!??

I've lost a lot of respect for you here OisinT, a lot...
    I read a lot about music reviews and I hate when people are like "ooh x is so talented" so I know who writes the majority of music for whom just based on the style of music and the artists record label tbh.

Bonnie McKee and Max Martin are 2 very big names in music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I've had this theory that men, on average, are (spectacularly) worse at recognizing faces than women. This thread certainly is falling in line with that theory.

There's absolutely no doubt that's Katy Perry, it was never even a question for me, it looks exactly like her pulling a silly face.

All these cries of "OMG, SHE'S HIDEOUS WTF?!" are insane-- I'm sure you wouldn't look hot if you were pulling that face! Chrissake, it's a snapshot, meaning it's capturing one tiny insignificant moment where her face just happens to look unattractive. Doesn't mean she looks like that all the time, or even most of the time, by any means.

This thread has been a good laugh, though.. I'd love to see a bad picture of each of you and rate your attractiveness based upon that one photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The guys who said "It's not her" are the guys who don't get laid much.

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, women do not roll out of bed looking fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

175 posts or so and still no move to celebrity forum...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

liah wrote: »
    I've had this theory that men, on average, are (spectacularly) worse at recognizing faces than women. This thread certainly is falling in line with that theory.

There's absolutely no doubt that's Katy Perry, it was never even a question for me, it looks exactly like her pulling a silly face.

All these cries of "OMG, SHE'S HIDEOUS WTF?!" are insane-- I'm sure you wouldn't look hot if you were pulling that face! Chrissake, it's a snapshot, meaning it's capturing one tiny insignificant moment where her face just happens to look unattractive. Doesn't mean she looks like that all the time, or even most of the time, by any means.

This thread has been a good laugh, though.. I'd love to see a bad picture of each of you and rate your attractiveness based upon that one photo.

I agree ..

More guys get into bed with Max Factor each week than any other man.

Where's the problem?

She looks nom with make-up.

As demonstrated in the picture, she looks nom without makeup.

Her music operation's another matter, but one thing is certain.

Russell Brand is a lucky, lucky, *lucky*, bar steward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Jesus H Christ. That's her millions of loyal wankfans down the drain - or not, as it happens. I agree that she's only a poor man's Zoey Deschanel. At the very least Deschanel looks as good without makeup as Perry does with 4 tonnes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

She looks a bit like a cheese string

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Russell Brand is a lucky, lucky, *lucky*, bar steward.

Eh? Imagine waking up to her ugly mug beside you every morning!

Advertisement