Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mortal Kombat Klock...

• 28-09-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

From what I've seen on these forums before, the doesn't seem to be many MK fans around (I'm a hug fan, personally), but I thought this might be worth mentioning non the less.

This just appeared on MK's facebook page a few minutes ago. It's a timer, counting down towards something, but there's been no official release yet of what it's actually counting down to. It's far too early for the game to actually hit the selves, as it's shceduled for released some time around next March/ April. So I'm guessing it's a demo... though I could be wrong.

Anyways, here's the link:
    http://www.themortalkombat.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

I wouldn't say there isnt many mortal kombat fans on these forums, more so that they haven't had anything to talk about in quite some time. Myself i grew up playing the MK games more than the ST games. As for MK9 im all hyped:) Really hope its a solid game that does well so i can put away SSF4 for good!!! Haha.

Also ive no clue what the counter is :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Its probably about that mk hd collection coming out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Last time I checked, the HD Collection was just a romur. Is it definitely true?
    Thinking about it now, it would probably even be too early for a demo of the new game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

deathrider wrote: »
    Last time I checked, the HD Collection was just a romur. Is it definitely true?
    Thinking about it now, it would probably even be too early for a demo of the new game.

Seems to be quite real, although the dates dont match.
    Joystiq wrote: »
    French site Jeux Video has obtained what is believed to be box art of the unannounced Prince of Persia Trilogy and Mortal Kombat Kollection. Furthermore, it also reportedly has release date information for Splinter Cell Trilogy, Rayman Trilogy and Tom Clancy's Trilogy (Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six); all for PS3. According to the site's retail source, Mortal Kombat has an alleged launch date of November 18, while the rest are dated November 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

From what I've seen on these forums before, the doesn't seem to be many MK fans around (I'm a hug fan, personally)

Whatever about mortal kombat, I think we're all hug fans here :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Personally, I need more hugs in my life. :pac:

Only about one day left on the clock. If it's a massive update that was worth waiting for, I'll personally hand out the hugs :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Robbknoll wrote: »
    I wouldn't say there isnt many mortal kombat fans on these forums, more so that they haven't had anything to talk about in quite some time.

Yeah they are really being tight lipped about this game. That can be good and bad. The last update was the Pit bio. I don't know what's the big deal about telling us the roster. Its MK1-3 do over so we already know the majority of the roster.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Yeah they are really being tight lipped about this game. That can be good and bad. The last update was the Pit bio. I don't know what's the big deal about telling us the roster. Its MK1-3 do over so we already know the majority of the roster.

They'll prob try and drip feed it to generate hype a la capcom with Super.

Soooo.... the big suprise is a forum that tells you how popular your character is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

question is , wud u ?

image_gallery?uuid=fa4441fe-70b4-4750-8f38-3bdb2b36d37c&groupId=10156&t=1286867737391

1O% she might kill u in ursleep afterwards

Soooo.... the big suprise is a forum that tells you how popular your character is?

And the vaguely written bios.

Placebo wrote: »
    question is , wud u ?
    Just make sure you're careful in how she... services you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Talk about a pile of crap.
    and here I was thinking Ono was the biggest arse for leading people on

Pretty disappointed with this myself too.

Gametrailers TV from last night reveals Jax to be joining the roster.
    And the Subway stage... but really, I'm not too pushed about stage announcements, classic Fatalities or not.
    MKvDC was just so bad I cant dredge up much interest in this game.

Writeup on the subject here: http://shoryuken.com/content/jax-subway-stage-join-mortal-kombat-9-2251/

mktournamentedition530-1.jpg
    SE for MK. The stick uses Suro Happ parts or some such.
    Also, Kratos of God of War fame was confirmed as a PS3 exclusive character.

The stick looks kinda pretty.

'Tis rather nice, and brings back memories of playing the auld MKII cab on holidays.

All the MK cabs I've ever seen just had a standard 2 rows of 3 set up so this fancy X design is all new to me.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    All the MK cabs I've ever seen just had a standard 2 rows of 3 set up so this fancy X design is all new to me.

Really? The proper MK cabs had 5.

Nice stick alright.
    The clear plastic on the underside makes it look cheap,like a lunchbox or something.
    Maybe i could fit my egg sandwiches in there

Maybe i could fit my egg sandwiches in there

Awesome idea, keep snacks in there for between matches. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

While it's a nice gesture to have full Suzo Happ parts, from what I gather Happ are using a cheapo Chinese factory for their gear these days.

Still.
    28mm holes are the same as used in Korean cabs.
    And those buttons are NICER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Robbknoll wrote: »
    I wouldn't say there isnt many mortal kombat fans on these forums, more so that they haven't had anything to talk about in quite some time. Myself i grew up playing the MK games more than the ST games. As for MK9 im all hyped:) Really hope its a solid game that does well so i can put away SSF4 for good for once!!! Haha.

Also ive no clue what the counter is :pac:

Fixed it.:pac: MK, is fun but there is not much depth to it and it's utterly broken. The new MK 9 game looks alot more promising though. Are the HD classic collection only coming out on PS3 or is the 360 getting it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Stick looks clunky as.
    Also Block is still a button? could never get my head round that in a 2d fighter.

Platform exclusive Characters? Lamezors.

Still the Get over here sounded right.

Xluna wrote: »
    Fixed it.:pac: MK, is fun but there is not much depth to it and it's utterly broken. The new MK 9 game looks alot more promising though. Are the HD classic collection only coming out on PS3 or is the 360 getting it too?

Just on the PS3, as far as I know. Which is fierce dissappointing.

What,you have one of these?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUu7gTm37WZ5bt5-L_mCQB8HfNJL4pGlRqcJwQi1RWnMWNbn_N5w

Always wondered what they are like.Happ parts?

• Advertisement

Just on the PS3, as far as I know. Which is fierce dissappointing.

You can get the trilogy with Midway classics for the psp. Not HD I know but it was better than nothing for me.

Still though, a new rendition of the classic only appearing on one console is a complete kick in the teeth for any Xbox owning MK fans.

The SF 25th Anniversary sticks are Happ KNOCK-OFF parts.

However they can be easily modded with Euro-Suzo parts (and probably Korean parts, too).

Tell me about it. I Bought "happ" buttons of the interweb the other day only to be given cheap knock offs. That whole sh1t is confusing. Happ/suzo, wtf are they the same company or has some sweat shop taken over happs name?
    kikki, whats a Korean joystick like compared to happ + do they fit in wood cp's mounting wise
    Also Sanwa JLW..any opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Tell me about it. I Bought "happ" buttons of the interweb the other day only to be given cheap knock offs. That whole sh1t is confusing. Happ/suzo, wtf are they the same company or has some sweat shop taken over happs name?

Pretty much.

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/attributes_brands.html
    Happ recently broke away from using IL-manufactured parts by making their own plant in China, and I think their quality has gone down a bit.

IL, by the way, refers to Industrias Lorenzo, a Spanish company which still, as far as I know, makes their stuff in Spain and not some sweatshop. If it's those kinds of buttons and joysticks you're looking for, it seems you are better off going for them.

kikki, whats a Korean joystick like compared to happ + do they fit in wood cp's mounting wise
    Also Sanwa JLW..any opinion

Korean "Fanta" sticks use big rubber grommet instead of a giant spring to provide the necessary tension.
    They also do not use gates like the Japanese sticks, so they're almost completely circular in feel.
    I really like using them; sometimes I wonder why I switched back to J-sticks :rolleyes:
    I've heard them compared to the 90's Suzo models (which also used rubber grommets AFAIK).

A quick rundown of models: http://shoryuken.com/f177/ultimate-korean-arcade-part-faq-188268/

In short:
    Myoungshin Fanta = medium-light
    Taeyoung Fanta = heavy/stiff
    Crown = varies

All K-sticks share the same dimensions, and should be installed in panels of 17-20mm thickness.
    Dimensions: (click) th_MeasurementsTaeyoungFanta.jpg

The best shops for Korean parts are:
    1. www.eTokki.com (SRK user & Korean semi-pro player "laugh")
    2. www.ArcadeShop.de

As for the Happ/Suzo/iL, what happened is that they merged, then Happ (the US arm) outsourced their supplies to China. I've heard they've lately even changed all their microswitches to a terrible model.

The "best" Happ/Suzo stick is the Eurostick, though I don't know what it's called here (Competition Stick?). Anyway, I don't like the design of it.

• Advertisement

Cage shows Guile how it's done at the end of this video.

they better have nightwolf, they coolest character after subzero [mk3] version
    actually sindel was pretty cool too. And baraka ofcourse

Cage shows Guile how it's done at the end of this video.

Oh well, there's my main if I pick this up.

Still though, a new rendition of the classic only appearing on one console is a complete kick in the teeth for any Xbox owning MK fans.

Hopefully we'll see them as a HD compilation for XBLA. Really though, they should be free with or as part of a special edition with the new Mortal Kombat game. Like Namco did with Tekken 5 for the PS2, which had Tekken 1,2,3 and Star blade alpha on the disc.

Nightwolf is defo in there. He was one of the first characters announced. No sign of Baraka or Sindel yet, but I'm really hoping they make the cut, as they are two my personal favourites.

• Advertisement

I'd be shocked if Baraka didn't make the cut. He's a fairly famous member of the cast.

Nightwolf was one of the first batch of characters revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Sindel and Ermac confirmed: http://shoryuken.com/content/clear-magazine-scans-show-sindel-mortal-kombat-9-2905/

I think thats Ermac in the 2nd pic. He was confirmed earlier anyway. Roster is looking good so far.

Console exclusive characters are lame as hell. 360 better get its own character, although they'll probably be tournament banned anyway.

GorySnake wrote: »
    Console exclusive characters are lame as hell. 360 better get its own character, although they'll probably be tournament banned anyway.

Especially since it'll probably be the Master Chief.
    I like Halo but I'd rather he not be in my fighters. (Yes I know a spartan was in a DoA or somesuch)

Especially since it'll probably be the Master Chief.
    I like Halo but I'd rather he not be in my fighters. (Yes I know a spartan was in a DoA or somesuch)

Yeah, a female Spartan: Nicole. She was actually fun to play as.

There arent that many console exclusives these days. Only other series I could think of is Gears of War, which would be an odd choice, but I could imagine Marcus Fenix or The Cole Train chainsaw-ing their way through Sub-Zero

Looks like Im not the only one thinking this: http://www.ripten.com/2010/12/09/who-from-gears-of-war-should-represent-xbox-in-mortal-kombat/

tournament banned anyway.

Wishful thinking, no? :D

Console characters used to be banned because it gave an unfair advantage to people who had access to the console version of a game, as opposed to people who could only play on arcade and had no experience whatsoever of the console character. Same can be said for this.

Console characters used to be banned because it gave an unfair advantage to people who had access to the console version of a game, as opposed to people who could only play on arcade and had no experience whatsoever of the console character. Same can be said for this.

I think you're missing my point.

I've only ever watched one serious MK tournament on a stream ever.

Considering how many games there are and how well they sell, that surely says alot about the balancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah, where are all the Mortal Kombat VS DC streams?

Did anyone actually play that one?

I think you're missing my point.

I've only ever watched one serious MK tournament on a stream ever.

Considering how many games there are and how well they sell, that surely says alot about the balancing.

OOOOOH, ok :D

The developers said they're going to do their best to make sure MK9 doesnt turn out to be a broken mess and are hoping to make it a competitive game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement