Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Klock...

Options
  • 28-09-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

From what I've seen on these forums before, the doesn't seem to be many MK fans around (I'm a hug fan, personally), but I thought this might be worth mentioning non the less.

This just appeared on MK's facebook page a few minutes ago. It's a timer, counting down towards something, but there's been no official release yet of what it's actually counting down to. It's far too early for the game to actually hit the selves, as it's shceduled for released some time around next March/ April. So I'm guessing it's a demo... though I could be wrong.

Anyways, here's the link:
    http://www.themortalkombat.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

I wouldn't say there isnt many mortal kombat fans on these forums, more so that they haven't had anything to talk about in quite some time. Myself i grew up playing the MK games more than the ST games. As for MK9 im all hyped:) Really hope its a solid game that does well so i can put away SSF4 for good!!! Haha.

Also ive no clue what the counter is :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Its probably about that mk hd collection coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Last time I checked, the HD Collection was just a romur. Is it definitely true?
    Thinking about it now, it would probably even be too early for a demo of the new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

deathrider wrote: »
    Last time I checked, the HD Collection was just a romur. Is it definitely true?
    Thinking about it now, it would probably even be too early for a demo of the new game.

Seems to be quite real, although the dates dont match.
    Joystiq wrote: »
    French site Jeux Video has obtained what is believed to be box art of the unannounced Prince of Persia Trilogy and Mortal Kombat Kollection. Furthermore, it also reportedly has release date information for Splinter Cell Trilogy, Rayman Trilogy and Tom Clancy's Trilogy (Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six); all for PS3. According to the site's retail source, Mortal Kombat has an alleged launch date of November 18, while the rest are dated November 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

From what I've seen on these forums before, the doesn't seem to be many MK fans around (I'm a hug fan, personally)

Whatever about mortal kombat, I think we're all hug fans here :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Personally, I need more hugs in my life. :pac:

Only about one day left on the clock. If it's a massive update that was worth waiting for, I'll personally hand out the hugs :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Robbknoll wrote: »
    I wouldn't say there isnt many mortal kombat fans on these forums, more so that they haven't had anything to talk about in quite some time.

Yeah they are really being tight lipped about this game. That can be good and bad. The last update was the Pit bio. I don't know what's the big deal about telling us the roster. Its MK1-3 do over so we already know the majority of the roster.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Yeah they are really being tight lipped about this game. That can be good and bad. The last update was the Pit bio. I don't know what's the big deal about telling us the roster. Its MK1-3 do over so we already know the majority of the roster.

They'll prob try and drip feed it to generate hype a la capcom with Super.

Soooo.... the big suprise is a forum that tells you how popular your character is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

question is , wud u ?

image_gallery?uuid=fa4441fe-70b4-4750-8f38-3bdb2b36d37c&groupId=10156&t=1286867737391

1O% she might kill u in ursleep afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Soooo.... the big suprise is a forum that tells you how popular your character is?

And the vaguely written bios.

Placebo wrote: »
    question is , wud u ?
    Just make sure you're careful in how she... services you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Talk about a pile of crap.
    and here I was thinking Ono was the biggest arse for leading people on

Pretty disappointed with this myself too.

Gametrailers TV from last night reveals Jax to be joining the roster.
    And the Subway stage... but really, I'm not too pushed about stage announcements, classic Fatalities or not.
    MKvDC was just so bad I cant dredge up much interest in this game.

Writeup on the subject here: http://shoryuken.com/content/jax-subway-stage-join-mortal-kombat-9-2251/

mktournamentedition530-1.jpg
    SE for MK. The stick uses Suro Happ parts or some such.
    Also, Kratos of God of War fame was confirmed as a PS3 exclusive character.

The stick looks kinda pretty.

'Tis rather nice, and brings back memories of playing the auld MKII cab on holidays.

All the MK cabs I've ever seen just had a standard 2 rows of 3 set up so this fancy X design is all new to me.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    All the MK cabs I've ever seen just had a standard 2 rows of 3 set up so this fancy X design is all new to me.

Really? The proper MK cabs had 5.

Nice stick alright.
    The clear plastic on the underside makes it look cheap,like a lunchbox or something.
    Maybe i could fit my egg sandwiches in there

Maybe i could fit my egg sandwiches in there

Awesome idea, keep snacks in there for between matches. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

While it's a nice gesture to have full Suzo Happ parts, from what I gather Happ are using a cheapo Chinese factory for their gear these days.

Still.
    28mm holes are the same as used in Korean cabs.
    And those buttons are NICER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Robbknoll wrote: »
    I wouldn't say there isnt many mortal kombat fans on these forums, more so that they haven't had anything to talk about in quite some time. Myself i grew up playing the MK games more than the ST games. As for MK9 im all hyped:) Really hope its a solid game that does well so i can put away SSF4 for good for once!!! Haha.

Also ive no clue what the counter is :pac:

Fixed it.:pac: MK, is fun but there is not much depth to it and it's utterly broken. The new MK 9 game looks alot more promising though. Are the HD classic collection only coming out on PS3 or is the 360 getting it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Stick looks clunky as.
    Also Block is still a button? could never get my head round that in a 2d fighter.

Platform exclusive Characters? Lamezors.

Still the Get over here sounded right.

Xluna wrote: »
    Fixed it.:pac: MK, is fun but there is not much depth to it and it's utterly broken. The new MK 9 game looks alot more promising though. Are the HD classic collection only coming out on PS3 or is the 360 getting it too?

Just on the PS3, as far as I know. Which is fierce dissappointing.

Placebo wrote: »

What,you have one of these?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUu7gTm37WZ5bt5-L_mCQB8HfNJL4pGlRqcJwQi1RWnMWNbn_N5w

Always wondered what they are like.Happ parts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Just on the PS3, as far as I know. Which is fierce dissappointing.

You can get the trilogy with Midway classics for the psp. Not HD I know but it was better than nothing for me.

Advertisement