Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Klock...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Still though, a new rendition of the classic only appearing on one console is a complete kick in the teeth for any Xbox owning MK fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The SF 25th Anniversary sticks are Happ KNOCK-OFF parts.

However they can be easily modded with Euro-Suzo parts (and probably Korean parts, too).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Tell me about it. I Bought "happ" buttons of the interweb the other day only to be given cheap knock offs. That whole sh1t is confusing. Happ/suzo, wtf are they the same company or has some sweat shop taken over happs name?
    kikki, whats a Korean joystick like compared to happ + do they fit in wood cp's mounting wise
    Also Sanwa JLW..any opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Tell me about it. I Bought "happ" buttons of the interweb the other day only to be given cheap knock offs. That whole sh1t is confusing. Happ/suzo, wtf are they the same company or has some sweat shop taken over happs name?

Pretty much.

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/attributes_brands.html
    Happ recently broke away from using IL-manufactured parts by making their own plant in China, and I think their quality has gone down a bit.

IL, by the way, refers to Industrias Lorenzo, a Spanish company which still, as far as I know, makes their stuff in Spain and not some sweatshop. If it's those kinds of buttons and joysticks you're looking for, it seems you are better off going for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

kikki, whats a Korean joystick like compared to happ + do they fit in wood cp's mounting wise
    Also Sanwa JLW..any opinion

Korean "Fanta" sticks use big rubber grommet instead of a giant spring to provide the necessary tension.
    They also do not use gates like the Japanese sticks, so they're almost completely circular in feel.
    I really like using them; sometimes I wonder why I switched back to J-sticks :rolleyes:
    I've heard them compared to the 90's Suzo models (which also used rubber grommets AFAIK).

A quick rundown of models: http://shoryuken.com/f177/ultimate-korean-arcade-part-faq-188268/

In short:
    Myoungshin Fanta = medium-light
    Taeyoung Fanta = heavy/stiff
    Crown = varies

All K-sticks share the same dimensions, and should be installed in panels of 17-20mm thickness.
    Dimensions: (click) th_MeasurementsTaeyoungFanta.jpg

The best shops for Korean parts are:
    1. www.eTokki.com (SRK user & Korean semi-pro player "laugh")
    2. www.ArcadeShop.de

As for the Happ/Suzo/iL, what happened is that they merged, then Happ (the US arm) outsourced their supplies to China. I've heard they've lately even changed all their microswitches to a terrible model.

The "best" Happ/Suzo stick is the Eurostick, though I don't know what it's called here (Competition Stick?). Anyway, I don't like the design of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Cage shows Guile how it's done at the end of this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

they better have nightwolf, they coolest character after subzero [mk3] version
    actually sindel was pretty cool too. And baraka ofcourse

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sairus wrote: »
    Cage shows Guile how it's done at the end of this video.

Oh well, there's my main if I pick this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

deathrider wrote: »
    Still though, a new rendition of the classic only appearing on one console is a complete kick in the teeth for any Xbox owning MK fans.

Hopefully we'll see them as a HD compilation for XBLA. Really though, they should be free with or as part of a special edition with the new Mortal Kombat game. Like Namco did with Tekken 5 for the PS2, which had Tekken 1,2,3 and Star blade alpha on the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Placebo wrote: »

Nightwolf is defo in there. He was one of the first characters announced. No sign of Baraka or Sindel yet, but I'm really hoping they make the cut, as they are two my personal favourites.

• Advertisement

I'd be shocked if Baraka didn't make the cut. He's a fairly famous member of the cast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Placebo wrote: »

Nightwolf was one of the first batch of characters revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Sindel and Ermac confirmed: http://shoryuken.com/content/clear-magazine-scans-show-sindel-mortal-kombat-9-2905/

I think thats Ermac in the 2nd pic. He was confirmed earlier anyway. Roster is looking good so far.

Console exclusive characters are lame as hell. 360 better get its own character, although they'll probably be tournament banned anyway.

GorySnake wrote: »
    Console exclusive characters are lame as hell. 360 better get its own character, although they'll probably be tournament banned anyway.

Especially since it'll probably be the Master Chief.
    I like Halo but I'd rather he not be in my fighters. (Yes I know a spartan was in a DoA or somesuch)

Especially since it'll probably be the Master Chief.
    I like Halo but I'd rather he not be in my fighters. (Yes I know a spartan was in a DoA or somesuch)

Yeah, a female Spartan: Nicole. She was actually fun to play as.

There arent that many console exclusives these days. Only other series I could think of is Gears of War, which would be an odd choice, but I could imagine Marcus Fenix or The Cole Train chainsaw-ing their way through Sub-Zero

Looks like Im not the only one thinking this: http://www.ripten.com/2010/12/09/who-from-gears-of-war-should-represent-xbox-in-mortal-kombat/

tournament banned anyway.

Wishful thinking, no? :D

Console characters used to be banned because it gave an unfair advantage to people who had access to the console version of a game, as opposed to people who could only play on arcade and had no experience whatsoever of the console character. Same can be said for this.

Console characters used to be banned because it gave an unfair advantage to people who had access to the console version of a game, as opposed to people who could only play on arcade and had no experience whatsoever of the console character. Same can be said for this.

I think you're missing my point.

I've only ever watched one serious MK tournament on a stream ever.

Considering how many games there are and how well they sell, that surely says alot about the balancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah, where are all the Mortal Kombat VS DC streams?

Did anyone actually play that one?

I think you're missing my point.

I've only ever watched one serious MK tournament on a stream ever.

Considering how many games there are and how well they sell, that surely says alot about the balancing.

OOOOOH, ok :D

The developers said they're going to do their best to make sure MK9 doesnt turn out to be a broken mess and are hoping to make it a competitive game.

• Advertisement

Scans of Sindel and Ermac have appeared.

sind3.jpg

krat.jpg

Current roster is the following for those not following too closely. The full cast will be 28 characters.

Cyrax
    Ermac
    Jax
    Johnny Cage
    Kitana
    Kung Lao
    Mileena
    Nightwolf
    Raiden
    Reptile
    Scorpion
    Sektor
    Shao Kahn
    Sindel
    Sonya
    Sub-Zero

Kratos

Unconfirmed, but apperantly leaked in one way or another, so take with salt:
    Goro, Kaba, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Stryker

sindel was always hot
    they need kano

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Goro and Jade confirmed, apparently.

sigh
    Joystiq wrote: »
    A recent Tweet from Mortal Kombat mastermind Ed Boon has revealed a few characters that might end up in DLC packs for the upcoming, relaunched fighter. Boon asked his followers, "Tell me your order of preference for a DLC character. Rain, Shinnok, Kenshi, Robo-smoke, or new character?" In a later Tweet, he also added Mortal Kombat 4 brawler Tanya to the list of potential kombatants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

sigh

I hope this is a sign that Smoke will be staying Human this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

http://shoryuken.com/content/mortal-kombat-9-demo-coming-soon-3786/

Good news: Demo is out out March 8th :)
    Bad news: Its PS3 Exclusive, and if your not a PlayStation Plus member, you'll have to wait another week

No word on 360 yet :(

From the Playstation Blog

"The demo includes four playable characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage and Mileena, along with their Fatalities and X-Ray Attacks; two environments: The Pit and The Living Forest; single player and one-on-one versus modes; and stereoscopic 3D support."

I own both machines but this sucks for 360 users, I prefer to have my online multiplayer games on 360 cause I prefer live to PSN, but with Kratos and all the other extra's there really is no reason to get this on 360 if you own both machines.

J0hnick wrote: »
    there really is no reason to get this on 360 if you own both machines.
    Except if you want to find opponents online :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Except if you want to find opponents online :pac:

PSN isnt that bad, live is a bit more stable but nobody on PSN has a headset (this can be both a good or a bad thing), plus most of the people who post here and people I know in real life play on 360. Thats the only difference.

Advertisement