Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Light precip looks close to Galway City now.

not a drop of anything yet...should see something shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

If you know where Tomas Davis Gaa club is, take that road for approx 4 kms uphill, then take left to take you towards the Gap, Kiltipper Hill is what the hill is called, have a good view of Tallaght from here and pretty spectacular, quite welcome to take a trip up tomorrow if you have transport that could make it. Or you could park at Thomas Davis or Bridgid Burkes and i can come down and get you,, a once in a lifetime event be worth the trip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

selina8099 wrote: »
    you like snow? I am so cold, where to buy a pair of boots?

I don't think you are allowed to advertise your website on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Still nothing, here in Galway, but soon hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eire celticbhoy

sillybird wrote: »
    not a drop of anything yet...should see something shortly

im sick hearing that .....still waiting come on snow lets have ya here in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

So what're the chances of that precipitation hitting the west now carrying on to Dublin? I'd like to build another few snowmen tomorrow please, and the met eireann site seems to say we're at the end of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Can't wait to see the 2 am oak park report, being near tullow, as net eireann wont recognise the temp villlain has.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pa99

If you know where Tomas Davis Gaa club is, take that road for approx 4 kms uphill, then take left to take you towards the Gap, Kiltipper Hill is what the hill is called, have a good view of Tallaght from here and pretty spectacular, quite welcome to take a trip up tomorrow if you have transport that could make it. Or you could park at Thomas Davis or Bridgid Burkes and i can come down and get you,, a once in a lifetime event be worth the trip.

Madness. What do you drive up those hills. Was up there before. First gear in some places no? Must be fun. A tank no doubt ?

just down the road , bored with the clear skies now

passive wrote: »
    So what're the chances of that precipitation hitting the west now carrying on to Dublin? I'd like to build another few snowmen tomorrow please, and the met eireann site seems to say we're at the end of it!

It snowed for about 8 hours in dublin today. There are accumulations of up to 2 feet. I dont think you'll have any problem making snowmen tomorrow regardless of what happens in this front.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

the shades of red in raintoday heading to the kerry coast are looking nice!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

-13.5 C in Baltinglass, Co. Wicklow according to this http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?RegionId=0#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

from the radar dingle looks like its gonna get a thumping:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

from the radar dingle looks like its gonna get a thumping

It will all melt tomorrow though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Inside of the GLASS ( not just the frame) on my bedroom window is frozen over despite double glazing and the radiator on until an hour ago. :eek:

U need a plumber! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

SnowY32 wrote: »
    the shades of red in raintoday heading to the kerry coast are looking nice!

Snow party over at my place:p

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

The lightest of snow beginning to fall here just to the west of galway city, so light you can almost count the individual flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

Bu the way the clouds are coming in from the west i can't see Dublin getting much of it.. i hope i'm wrong.

Wild Bill wrote: »
    U need a plumber! :D

Its the condensation on the window is frozen, what i need is to leave the bolier on all night.

ardmacha wrote: »
    It will all melt tomorrow though.

Its likely to fall as sleet or rain there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

sean555 wrote: »
    The lightest of snow beginning to fall here just to the west of galway city, so light you can almost count the individual flakes
    thats how it started in dublin, and lasted for hours:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭highdef

-13.1 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Faustino wrote: »
    Bu the way the clouds are coming in from the west i can't see Dublin getting much of it.. i hope i'm wrong.

dont worry we've had tons of snow today
    you can have some alright

sean555 wrote: »

IT HAS ARRIVED :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Right, I'm clocking off, hopeful to see a bit of snow before I sleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Faustino wrote: »

Greedy or what!

It has just stopped snowing after near 48 hours continuous and you want more?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

SnowY32 wrote: »
    IT HAS ARRIVED :D
    Just let it keep coming down our way now eh ;-)

Just let it keep coming down our way now eh ;-)

ya gonna wait till it does!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭nanu nanu

evosteo wrote: »
    from the radar dingle looks like its gonna get a thumping:D
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Look to the top of the screen, Big Daddy comming in from the left and all the little ones go running to the right.:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Don't wanna be annoying(:P), but do ye think it'll snow in Laois over the weekend?

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    Don't wanna be annoying(:P), but do ye think it'll snow in Laois over the weekend?

Around 6 am onwards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement