Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

ya who can report rain or snow from de west?? we need to track this people!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

lucy2010 wrote: »
    my iphone is saying -7.5. The nra is sayig -.2. Thats a big margin of error !!!! anyways its baltic. Kids are sick & all have temps so i knocked the heating off for a bit.. Im now shivering, they are sweating, the dogs in heat & im so backlogged with orders ive a few hours ahead of me now trying to catch up. POX !

Feeling for you Lucy...Hope it get's better :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

alfa beta wrote: »
    anyone here able to report from galway?? the met.ie radar has quite a nice blue/yellowish blob hitting the west of the county at the mo....just wondering if it's wet or white!

I'm here, but there is nothing falling yet, and not expecting any for the next 15-20m. Maybe then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ooh, its starting to look exciting again. :)

still no more snow in navan, but the brass monkeys are shivering!

out.jpg
    F5 to refresh image

just wish i had something a little more exciting to show on the webcam. :(

and no, no stripteases, not that you'd want to see that anyway! :p

EDIT: moved it to show under the street lamp anyway so you might see the snow when (if ever) it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

For the last 20 min or so Trogs weather station is showing a drop of .1c every 2-3 min. Thats like MAD ! so lets say every 20 min it drops a degree, by 7 am we should be at like -21 or something :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

we got 7.5" of snow today in dublin 13, i know cause i measured it on a table in the garden, are we to expect more tomorrow any time????:rolleyes:

lucy2010 wrote: »
    For the last 20 min or so Trogs weather station is showing a drop of .1c every 2-3 min. Thats like MAD ! so lets say every 20 min it drops a degree, by 7 am we should be at like -21 or something :D:D:D:D
    thats a pretty scary thought, might be time to break out the thermal underwear! :D
    evosteo wrote: »
    we got 7.5" of snow today in dublin 13, i know cause i measured it on a table in the garden, are we to expect more tomorrow any time????:rolleyes:
    fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

vibe666 wrote: »
    ooh, its starting to look exciting again. :)

still no more snow in navan, but the brass monkeys are shivering!

out.jpg
    F5 to refresh image

just wish i had something a little more exciting to show on the webcam. :(

and no, no stripteases, not that you'd want to see that anyway! :p

EDIT: moved it to show under the street lamp anyway so you might see the snow when (if ever) it comes.

Tilt it up a little :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

I looked outside. No flakes yet, but it SMELLS snowy - the unmistakable smell you feel before snowing.
    Not sure you can identify that as snow was not supposed to be so common here, but in my country we usually have it every winter (many times), so I know this one since my childhood :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

What about Tralee guys? Will it snow?

its a wait and see, hard to say,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Cork City (northside) - still a clear sky here, can see the stars. Went out and checked the temperature -4.5 deg. Hoping for snow later on. The dusting we got on Tuesday was just a tease.

pp_me wrote: »
    Tilt it up a little :P
    tried that, but it was getting too much reflection off the street light then. ;)

off back to bed, wake me up if it snows. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-13.6c falling like a stone still!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

tried that, but it was getting too much reflection off the street light then. ;)

Disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-6.1c now and dropping at a rate of -1c/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

I looked outside. No flakes yet, but it SMELLS snowy - the unmistakable smell you feel before snowing.
    Not sure you can identify that as snow was not supposed to be so common here, but in my country we usually have it every winter (many times), so I know this one since my childhood :)

nasal forecasting - I like it!!

(and I believe you!)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

thats a pretty scary thought, might be time to break out the thermal underwear! :D

fingers crossed! :)

In 30 min its actually dropped 1.1 c - Thats mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭nanu nanu

Uh Ohh, this is getting very big.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

what sort of snow fall is predicted for dublin overnight/tomorrow??????:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Drop of -5c in an hour!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Villain wrote: »
    -13.6c falling like a stone still!!
    Jesus it really is, looking at it for 2 mins and it dropped by .2!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

nanu nanu wrote: »
    Uh Ohh, this is getting very big.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Wohoo come on blanket us poor auld souls in Kerry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

• Registered Users Posts: 38 novemberbravo

Is there anywhere that got no snow so far ??
    Here in Dublin playing there waiting game for some more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Just wondering how things are looking for the Dublin mountains tomorrow, we have 3 feet 6 inches of snow on the foothills in Tallaght, up to 5 feet against walls and houses. Sally GAp has 7 feet with drifts.

We really could do with a bit more snow:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Drop of -5c in an hour!!

Your record could be broken :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Yep sig doesn't get updated as quick

I meant the sig was updated to -12.4 but the post said -11!

I love the way on your site it says -13.8: feels like -14. How many people know what -14 feels like!!! :P

And even funnier is the forecast: Tonight min -7. Scroll up Temp -14. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

With the temps and dew points staying so low, how could this stuff fall as anything but snow the whole way across the country?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Trotter wrote: »
    With the temps and dew points staying so low, how could this stuff fall as anything but snow the whole way across the country?

I was thinking the same thing, would hardly rise that much to cause anything but snow.

• Advertisement

looking very heavy for galway,mayo,limerick,kerry and cork from the radar:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement