Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV tape of prison attack

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I find these violent voyeuristic video posts a bit disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Violently beaten?

As opposed to 'sensitively beaten'?
    CorkMan wrote: »
    Pure and utter scum. How come the police didn't respond?

I don't see the prisoner officers looking on. All I see is prisoners fighting.

I'm sure that's not that too rare an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

9/11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Stuff like this happens all the time in prison. Is it because hes Muslim that this one gets 'flagged'??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

What does one of the prisoners being a Muslim have to do with anything

If prisoners in a secure area might take a while for guards to organise themselves to intervene

• Advertisement

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Stuff like this happens all the time in prison. Is it because hes Muslim that this one gets 'flagged'??

I believe they may be trying to insinuate that the prisoner officers let him get beaten because he's a muslim. Although I don't see prisoner officers in the video until the end so there's no evidence of that based solely on this video.

But y'know, let's not let that get in the way of a good rant, even if we don't know the difference between police and prisoner officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Pure and utter scum.

He is scum all right. Going back in with a few kicks to the head, there is no other word to describe the attacker.
    How come the police didn't respond?

I didn't see any prison guards on the video before 1.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I saw a video clip on a Sky tv program where a prison officer was attacked by 3 inmates in jail before eventually getting rescued. It so pissed me off that they didn't say whether he was Muslim or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I find these violent voyeuristic video posts a bit disturbing.

I find it more disturbing that more people aren't skilled fighters.

Handbag stuff tbh.

'Muslim' - big deal, I'd say he was just a bitch with even less skills than the aggressor. 'Lay & Pray' ain't never gonna work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Pure and utter scum. How come the police didn't respond?

I'm not sure if you realise this, but there is a very large Muslim population in US prisons made up primarily of blacks prisoners.

• Advertisement

Mrmoe wrote: »
    He is scum all right. Going back in with a few kicks to the head, there is no other word to describe the attacker.

Who would have thought you could find scum in a prison of all places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Happens all the time. The disturbing thing about that clip is the prison officers just standing there.

Happens all the time. The disturbing thing about that clip is the prison officers just standing there.

Where? I honestly can't see prison officers until the end.

Maybe some catering staff in the back but I doubt they're going to do anything.

And that guy with the guitar doesn't look too official to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I kinda lol'ed at the fact he sits down for a second before going back for more

krudler wrote: »
    I kinda lol'ed at the fact he sits down for a second before going back for more

He gassed.

Lack of conditioning is disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Where? I honestly can't see prison officers until the end.

Maybe some catering staff in the back but I doubt they're going to do anything.

And that guy with the guitar doesn't look too official to me.

I thought there should be an alarm set off of is there is violence? From what I see there should be an officer with a rifle above the cafeteria at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

Although I don't see prisoner officers in the video until the end so there's no evidence of that based solely on this video.

Eh it is a prison officer CCTV, they are watching the CCTV! :p

I thought there should be an alarm set off of is there is violence? From what I see there should be an officer with a rifle above the cafeteria at all times.

And what, open fire in an enclosed space at two muppets having a row?.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Treora wrote: »
    Eh it is a prison officer CCTV, they are watching the CCTV! :p
    No Oscar for the Director.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Who would have thought you could find scum in a prison of all places?

True, prisons are generally cesspits of violent people, but at the same time you can have a lot of non violent criminals in prison as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Assuming that they are both criminal scum, they can beat the crap out of each other 24/7 if they wish.

And what, open fire in an enclosed space at two muppets having a row?.

No, fire some warning shots into the air, which is option A.

Option B is having a rifle with rubber bullets, which would hurt but not injure seriously. Can they seriously afford to see this happen often?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

No, fire some warning shots into the air, which is option A.

In a room?
    Where the bullet will hit the ceiling and may ricochet and hit anything or anyone. Maybe even the guard

Have you thought this through?

In a room?
    Where the bullet will hit the ceiling and may ricochet and hit anything or anyone. Maybe even the guard

Have you thought this through?

I'm just going by what I saw in the movies, which I take to be accurate enough. I see warning shots, but I suppose they are out in the open...

Maybe fire the rubber bullets, but they make a big bang? Or some good o'l fashion tear gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Warning shots outside are one thing.

In a cafeteria? Come on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I'm just going by what I saw in the movies, which I take to be accurate enough

I think I see what your problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If there was a guard watching, but i didn't see one, he wont get involved till more guards arrive.
    Call the inmate "Muslim" and it suddenly becomes news:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

1 i'd like a source to prove he is a muslim. I assume you have a source just want to see it.

2, from any prison shows i've seen the prison guards (not police) always wait for a response team (basically riot gear armed) to quell the situation, one guard trying to break it up could result in him being injured/killed/taken hostage.

3 to reaffirm the above, you obviously havnt seen the video of the two neo-nazi inmates killing a black in mate and then casually standing up and wiping the blood of their hands laughing about it, and giving themselves up to the prison guards when they did storm in. it was on some documentry a while back. it wasnt a racist thing, it was the fact their was two neo nazis with a "shiv" which would pose a major threat to the prison guards on duty.

4. why did none of the other prisoners intervene?? why is this not the subject matter???? because a) you get stabbed b)they are convicted criminals and dont bloody care

i know if i was prison guard i wouldnt be rushing in, id wait for the armed response team. id rather see two convicted criminals stabbing eachother than stabbing me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm just going by what I saw in the movies, which I take to be accurate enough. I see warning shots, but I suppose they are out in the open...

Maybe fire the rubber bullets, but they make a big bang? Or some good o'l fashion tear gas.

They might use shotguns loaded with 'beanbag' rounds. These don't ricochet but will take someone down straight away. I've seen replacement stocks for shotguns that are orange so they are identifiable as the ones loaded with less than lethal rounds.

Then there's always tazers and spray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The prison guards did resopnd. You can clearly see this at the end of the video.

Advertisement