Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV tape of prison attack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,648 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mousey- wrote: »
    1 i'd like a source to prove he is a muslim. I assume you have a source just want to see it.
    Video Description. If not Muslim, then Arab.
    2, from any prison shows i've seen the prison guards (not police) always wait for a response team (basically riot gear armed) to quell the situation, one guard trying to break it up could result in him being injured/killed/taken hostage.

3 to reaffirm the above, you obviously havnt seen the video of the two neo-nazi inmates killing a black in mate and then casually standing up and wiping the blood of their hands laughing about it, and giving themselves up to the prison guards when they did storm in. it was on some documentry a while back. it wasnt a racist thing, it was the fact their was two neo nazis with a "shiv" which would pose a major threat to the prison guards on duty.

4. why did none of the other prisoners intervene?? why is this not the subject matter???? because a) you get stabbed b)they are convicted criminals and dont bloody care

i know if i was prison guard i wouldnt be rushing in, id wait for the armed response team. id rather see two convicted criminals stabbing eachother than stabbing me tbh.
    According to the video description the guy beat on the glass of a guard post but I have no information on whether these were a response team or a surveillance team or what. The prison probably has very strict procedures on who can respond to what and when and it probably depends greatly on how well armed they are, for one thing, and the other is what kind of access they have. You also have to account for how many deadman switches are probably involved: if one or two guards are at the watch station, and one of them were to have to run in, the other would have to operate the gates. That or its done by keycard; then it would just take the prisoners overpowering a guard and getting access to a card. Or even for the simple matter of what happens if the rest of the prisoners decided to take the 2 guards hostage?

I don't think theres much going on here. You'd certainly have a rough time alleging that the Prison Guards were complacent because the victim happened to be Muslim or of Arab descent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Lets talk probability for a second, on the federal level Muslims make up about 6 percent of inmates, cant find stats for state prisons but I would assume the numbers are roughly the same.
    In 2006 there were 667,900 violent acts committed under jurisdiction of state correctional authorities.

We gestimate (partially to prevent me having to open calculator) that perhaps 600,000 of these were directed at other inmates.
    So assuming there is no bias 36,000 Muslims had a violent act committed onto them, similarly a higher number also committed such acts.

Unless you can prove that there is in fact a bias this video means nothing.

source

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Its like they were fighting over the comfiest chair then when he sits on it he's all like " this isnt comfy at all, you lied to me". Gets up and kicks him in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The Muslims in the us jails are just as bad as the rest. I saw OZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The youtube video gives the victims name as Hanni Elabed. If you google that you find some more info on this particular assault.
    http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/private-police-powers/Content?oid=1558576
    Violent beatdowns at the privately run Idaho Correctional Center appear to have subsided in recent weeks, in the wake of a class-action lawsuit against the prison and shakeup of prison leadership, according to documents obtained by Boise Weekly.

The prison reported 17 inmate-on-inmate assaults in January and 15 in February, according to a tally of incident reports filed with the Idaho Department of Correction. But there were only nine assaults reported in March and only four since warden Phillip Valdez and assistant warden Daniel Prado were replaced on March 17.

• On Jan. 18, sheriff's deputies investigated the severe beating of Hanni Elabed, who has filed a separate, $25 million claim against ICC and the state. The Ada County Prosecutor's Office intends to file charges against the inmate who beat him, according to Elabed's brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Where does it say he was a muslim?
    Is it in that article Biko?

If not, I'll edit the lovely sensationalist title

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

CorkMan wrote: »
    No, fire some warning shots into the air, which is option A.

Option B is having a rifle with rubber bullets, which would hurt but not injure seriously. Can they seriously afford to see this happen often?
    yeah cause rubber bulets never killed anyone right:rolleyes:

It says Muslim on the youtube page but I can't say he's actually Muslim.
    For all we know he could be but it wasn't the reason for the beating.

Until we have some evidence the attack (several months ago) was because he was Muslim the thread title will be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Not a lot of info to go on, and if he is Muslim, the rest must not like him, as they normally would jump in to help the guy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Pure and utter scum. How come the police didn't respond?

Probably no police in prison.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

I find it more disturbing that more people aren't skilled fighters.

Handbag stuff tbh.

'Muslim' - big deal, I'd say he was just a bitch with even less skills than the aggressor. 'Lay & Pray' ain't never gonna work.

Being a "bitch" is no excuse for taking a thrashing. Cynicism and sadism don't make you a man, Ledger Most Circus. I agree....NEVER go to ground no matter how many you're up against. I made that mistake once but since then I just focus on one and brutalise him no matter what punishment is being thrown at me by others.
    You may have studied many forms of martial art, Ledger Most Circus, but your flippant, adolescent, throw-away comments prove that you haven't learned a thing about inner strength or balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Option B is having a rifle with rubber bullets, which would hurt but not injure seriously. Can they seriously afford to see this happen often?

Warning shots into the air? What? Up into the ceiling so they can ricochet around the room in fragments taking random people out? Or maybe blast through all the piping and electricals or penetrate upwards and blow the leg off someone on the floors above?
    Yeah, smart move.
    Two idiots pounding each other, you send in a handful of goons with night-sticks, give them a few wallops and impound them. If one is all fcuked up you send him to the infirmary.

Anyway, American prisons are pretty sick places. Spent a night in one myself. The guards there are sadistic cowards who get off on other peoples' misery so inflicting pain and torture on inmates or watching them scrap amongst themselves give the screws their little daily boner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I find these violent voyeuristic video posts a bit disturbing.

You can imagine people thinking that's so repulsive and shocking I feel drawn to watch it again. And again.

I might rebrand the video as paedo gets a hiding and watch the cheers, applause and heavy rotation roll in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Heheh, a little word-play on the video and you can troll the reactions away.

Muslim gets beating = Boo for racist America.
    Paedo gets beating = Yay for prisoners.

Why would people give a shìt about this scenario? The officers acted, this isn't Oz where the guards are looking for some blood after they were paid in boxes of fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

i have seen a lot of violent videos on the net and none have any affect on me but, i was shown one last week that just was thee worst thing i have seen in my whole life.

I couldnt sleep for nights after it and couldnt eat either, i cant believe it is on the net for all to see.

Im not going to post any links, most of ye may have seen it anyway. Its a video that happened in the ukraine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

maiden wrote: »

Im not going to post any links, most of ye may have seen it anyway. Its a video that happened in the ukraine

Tell me about it. One of those horrible things I've ever seen:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

wes wrote: »
    Not a lot of info to go on, and if he is Muslim, the rest must not like him, as they normally would jump in to help the guy out.
    He probably was getting a beating for stealing someones rasher sandwich, hence the other Muslims not helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

ya wanna see disgusting, type in <snip> into google! *Disclaimer* Its pretty brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Violence in prison shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

1. Rubber bullets can kill, blind, maim etc.
    2. The ricochet of a rubber bullet in a concrete / metal environment like that would lead more than likely to at least 1 person getting hit.
    3. Movies aren't realistic, they're not going to show a 4-5 inch long rubber bullet bouncing around a room.

• Advertisement

This is a guess but for most of the inmates being violent scumbags is what got them locked up in the first place.
    Then it doesn't help that it's a "dog eat dog" attitude in there.

If you're in a US prison fight and don't send the other guy to hospital he'll come back for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Mrmoe wrote: »
    He is scum all right. Going back in with a few kicks to the head, there is no other word to describe the attacker.

I t looked like kicks to the body to me, not that that makes it alright or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Rabies wrote: »
    Where does it say he was a muslim?
    Is it in that article Biko?

If not, I'll edit the lovely sensationalist title

I copied the youtube video title. If you look at the video before playing it the title is on top of the video screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ah the OP is in flying form with his usual crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

most people have already said what i wanted to say.

it isn't that bad anyway. happens all the time. prison officers wouldn't be foolish enough to go in anyway without proper back up. did you see how many inmates were on the bunks in the background?
    they would turn on them.

2 scumbags at it? i wouldn't be breaking my neck to intervene.

Muslims. Great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Why just throw this video up? Is it the first time you seen a video of violence in a prison and thought it would be something that would amaze people? There's so many crap programs out there showing violence in prisons, also go to youtube and look up prison violence and you'll see thousands of prison violence videos. What makes this one special?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭celtenal

Muslims. Great bunch of lads.
    Yep,mabye this one should just accept that it was the will of allah that he ended up in jail and got the living daylights beaten out of him by an infidel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Not that I'm an authority on it, but that looks like a pretty low security prison to me, so they probably don't expect a whole lot of violence from the people who are held there and are unequipped to handle it when it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

So we've established that the supposed religion of the inmate is not relevant. Neither is a fight in a prison noteworthy.

So basically it's a video of a completely unremarkable event.

Advertisement