Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

o1s1n wrote: »
    I think you mentioned to me that yours only moved backwards and forewards? Mine is on castors and can move in any way you want. So once it's on a flat surface you could almost push it around with your baby finger. The hard part is getting it up steps. The bugger weights 110kgs!

Just like a Dalek can't handle the stairs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    It booted up perfectly for a moment and then the image collapsed to a line. Couldn't get it out of that.

Mitch reckons something on the chassis got buggered up during the move. Going to replace it with one from one of his other Atomiswaves.

I'm just a bit concerned now as I'll have to move it again in a few months. Guess I'll just have to be super super careful!

Its important stay positive, this might cheer you up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

This week I've started to think that Gamestop isn't going to be good for super cheap PS2 games anymore... then a visit to Drogheda presented me with Zone of the Enders, Tekken 4, Tekken Tag Tournament and Syphon Filter: Omega Strain all for 8euro.
    I must post a pic of my collection soon, think I'm just a few off 100.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Saw these today and couldn't resist:

2ito1zt.jpg

With alternate hair (Mega Cannon is also interchangable with a normal hand).

10fwcpd.jpg

Combining my love of Kubricks and retro games :)

Now, to never open it again :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I "believe" Kirbys Epic Yarn is great, so I hear, not mentioning it for any particular reason or anything....
    Feels very "Yoshi's Island", which is no bad thing, and I "believe" so far, it is all 2D and fabricy, which is nice,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

2ito1zt.jpg

10fwcpd.jpg

:O

Where did you find that it's awesome!?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Photo_0052.jpg

I want that!!!! ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

2ito1zt.jpg

10fwcpd.jpg

Is it me or does Megaman look like he's been hit with the stupid stick in the second picture? I know the poor guy's never been a looker but the least he could have done was keep his tongue in his mouth!

All the same, sweet little figure - it suits the Megaman style well!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have used last years planner so I will use this years Edge planner, that said I am going to buy another copy of the mag for the poster.
    In fact, it may be worth getting it framed I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

That is a sweet poster; I may have to buy the magazine at the WHSmith library or bank on the Uni library staff not swiping it before I do.

...and fucking awesome cab, Oisin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Augmerson wrote: »
    :O

Where did you find that it's awesome!?

I picked it up in a store in Osaka that has the most amazing collectible figurine selection I've ever seen - honestly, so much pretty plastic! You should be able to get the Mega Man set online easy enough though, Kubricks tend to be pretty popular amongst collectors on ebay etc... The Mega Man one is awesome, but my Lotso Huggin' Bear one holds pride of place in my collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Got the poster/planner myself, my first thoughts were to frame it as well!

Got 3 PS2 games over the weekend 3 for 2 cost 4.99 in total.
    Medal of Honor. Frontline.
    State of emergancy. looks crap
    Timesplitters 2 :D
    No pics though as no camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

pdbhp wrote: »
    Got 3 PS2 games over the weekend 3 for 2 cost 4.99 in total.
    Medal of Honor. Frontline.
    State of emergancy. looks crap
    Timesplitters 2 :D
    No pics though as no camera.

Pics or gtfo :D:D

State of Emergency is nice, not as good as The Warriors, but nice crowd animation.

I picked this up for my son for xmas, he loves playing the games on the DS (via the GB emulator!) and loves the show, always wants to play with the Pokedex on my HTC Desire as well.
    http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/14444951/The-Official-Pokemon-HeartGold-and-SoulSilver-Kanto-Guide-and-National-Pokedex/Product.html?searchstring=pokedex&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    State of Emergency is nice, not as good as The Warriors, but nice crowd animation.

Hmm, thought it was one of the worst games I ever played tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hmm, thought it was one of the worst games I ever played tbh.

It's very mildly entertaining. Wouldn't play it for more than an 45-60 mins at a time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd be closer to 5-10 minutes myself. It's got a great initial fun factor which depletes at a rapid pace when you realize there really isn't much going on.

Well I played it last night I was entertained for the whole of I'm a celebrity so it was worth €1.99 for that alone. As for game play meh! replay value of zero but I'll still pop that sucker in for a laugh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

pdbhp wrote: »
    Well I played it last night I was entertained for the whole of I'm a celebrity so it was worth €1.99 for that alone. As for game play meh! replay value of zero but I'll still pop that sucker in for a laugh

Yeah it's one of those games you just throw on for a little while then move on

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

State of Emergency was one of the first PS2 games I had ever played and I was impressed at the time, but it got tiresome after awhile and I gradually lost interest in it.

I had an awful episode today.
    I got a voucher as a gift today, headed into Swords Pavilion to spend it.
    Stood in HMV like someone with "issues" for the guts of an hour trying to spend it, back and forth with this game and that, before giving up and going home :(
    I have tons of games, I have more than I can play right now.
    I was looking at Enslaved, SSFIV, Vanquish, a couple of Blu Rays, back and forth and it was driving me bananas!
    I have a "lucky bag" winging its way from GS and don't know whats in it, could be crap could be a decent game, so I don't want to buy anything I'll be returning soon!
    I have bought tons of games lately and can't seem to be able to internally justify buying Just Cause 2, especially because, in that games instance, I still have the first one barely started!

Ahhh!

What a predicament!

I did get a piece of Xmas shopping done though, namely a game for the young fella, so I have 30 left in a Pavillion voucher.

So, at long last the question...

What should I buy with this voucher?
    Most of you know my taste in crap games at this point, what would you do with €30?
    SSFIV is 17 euro now in HMV preowned, I was going to get it and a 6 button pad, put the extra tenner to it, I DON'T KNOW!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bought the SF4 6 button pads. Thought it was the biggest heap of **** ever. Reports of it being better than the saturn pad are grossly exaggerated. The only way to play the game is with a stick. Best thing is you can use it for mame games so it's not exactly going to waste on one game. Are they not selling them cheap in HMV as well? Also 17 is a bit of a rip off considering I got SSF4 new for 18 in HMV.

Well, does anyone know where the cheapest 6 button stick lives, so I can go and buy one?
    Hmm, you know, I'll still be sh1te at it regardless, never could figure out nuances of those games, not to mention those of Sonic, Mario, Deus Ex etc, I just buy them, complete them, move on, or alternatively, buy them, play them, get distracted by next shiny thing and move on to that, I'm a bit of a gaming magpie me....

Game had a stick for €35 a while ago, not sure if there's a game near you Cider but you could try there. HMV occasionally have fight sticks but they're few and far between

Edit: Juct checked games website none available.

There was a Tekken 6 stick and game bundle in Smyths a while ago, I checked thier website and none but if you checked the shops themselves you might get lucky

Now, I can get the wireless Tekken stick with Tekken for 40 or so, is that stick essentially the same as the Streetfighter one?
    I can remember seeing them and they seemed more or less the same, aside from the button designations, must google it to see, if anyone out there has used the Tekken stick to play SSFIV, let me know.

Now, I can get the wireless Tekken stick with Tekken for 40 or so, is that stick essentially the same as the Streetfighter one?
    I can remember seeing them and they seemed more or less the same, aside from the button designations, must google it to see, if anyone out there has used the Tekken stick to play SSFIV, let me know.

Pretty similar to the street fighter stick just nowhere near as good, though it will suffice for the novice player. Also the Street Fighter TE as it's known is €150.

Where did you see the bundle for €40

I think the tekken stick is pretty moddable so if you do want to upgrade the parts you an have a proper stick for as little as 60 euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300459141534&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

arrived thismorning, quicker than anothe game from the uk ordered same day. typical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

The postman in all his wisdom dropped in Super Mario Bros. 2j and Nintendo World Chamionship 1990 today for the NES. Delighted. The boys at retro USB are doing themselves proud. Both gorgeous colourful carts. The powerpak is truly a gorgeous piece of kit aswell. Recommend it to anyone with a NES. They do one for SNES aswell as far as I know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement