Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much has your TD cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

A penny a dozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Sizzler wrote: »
    Well have a looksies here and find out !

Some nice chap has pulled together the expenses claimed from all of our friends in Leinster House and how much they have claimed 2005-2008...and what the potential saving would be if their expenses were canned.

A few of my favourites -

1. Jackie Healy Rae - €719k

2. Bernard Allen (The head of the public accounts committee) €725k

3. Paul Gogarty the F-Bomb green party TD €536k (never knew the commute from Lucan was so expensive!)

4. Aenghus O'Snodaigh, a man fighting for workers apparently trousered €536k.

FYP

https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=twFxqrCK_ddeI2rKYJqAL-Q&authkey=CI2sy_wK&type=view&gid=0&f=true&colid0=0&filterstr0=Aengus%20O%27Snodaigh&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

such a joke of a man tbh.... pity its too late for people to wake up. Once the bailout is signed the 10 billion interst a year will sink us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

€85billion / 166 = ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

they earn wayyyyyy too much with expenses!!

robbing (redneck) motherfcukers the bloody lot of them

I smell a riot coming, the likes of never seen in this country before and I hope I'm not wrong!!

dec 7th 2010 all going well, will go down in the history books

lol at enda kenny for complaining about expenses but sill claiming 676K

Elevator wrote: »
    they earn wayyyyyy too much with expenses!!

robbing (redneck) motherfcukers the bloody lot of them

I smell a riot coming, the likes of never seen in this country before and I hope I'm not wrong!!

dec 7th 2010 all going well, will go down in the history books

the place is done for anyway lets make the politicans feel it...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

One look at him and you can see the type of sleeveen bast@rds that shafted this country.

and he wont get the old age ticket for the train just so he can claim the full one.... and god help us he is stepping aside for his son:rolleyes:

twinytwo wrote: »
    the place is done for anyway lets make the politicans feel it...

that's the stuff for ya!! fighting spirit right there

just so ye all know I'm taking the seat of cheann choirle when we storm the dail

1st order of business will be free drinks for everyone in the bar whoop whoop!

dec 7th lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

One look at him and you can see the type of sleeveen bast@rds that shafted this country.

But on the plus-side rest assured tho that the parish pump will never run dry in Kerry South so long as that gombeen and his equally inbred son are still alive.

bonerm wrote: »
    But on the plus-side rest assured tho that the parish pump will never run dry in Kerry South so long as that gombeen and his equally inbred son are still alive.

id thank that post more than once if i could

bonerm wrote: »

it's like they were both pulled right out of a tv show (fr ted crossed with ballykissangel!!)

How the hell can we stop these fcuking eejits getting the seats in the dail!?!

I think someone with the money to do so should do all they can to expose these gobsh!tes for who they really are!! in this day and age there is not one seat should be lost to the likes of these fools

god damned sons a bitches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

worth looking at. Grill you TD when he comes round this year. i will

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Potential saving 2011-15
    €104 382 149
    That's a hospital right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Is it possible to view it as a spreadsheet actually?

EDIT: Found another one with more info https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqAEiinGYynOdFo5VmhxVF81VUZnLWVpY240cmI2anc#gid=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't blame Healy-Rae. Blame the thousands of "more power to him" morons that give him a mandate. Or indeed anybody that votes based on what they can get down for their little patch (or pay packet) rather than looking at the big picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Most expensive TD www.roryohanlon.com for Cavan / Monaghan, combined pop. of 60700.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

I dislike Jackie Healy Rae as much as anyone eles, but given the type of people the Kerry population have been known to support in the past (rapists and that) would you honestly expect them as a county to choose anyone better?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

most expensive for the country..

arranging the first column Expenses 2005-08 by size

Rory O'Hanlon € 789543.77

floats to the top

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

tommyhaas wrote: »
    I dislike Jackie Healy Rae as much as anyone eles, but given the type of people the Kerry population have been known to support in the past (rapists and that) would you honestly expect them as a county to choose anyone better?

I live in Kerry and don't know of any "rapists and that", and I also didn't vote for some old over-acting gombeen.

oh the right honourable judge what'shisname!! my dads wife is one of the healy rae supporters from Kerry, she's equally as thick as **** and manages to hold down a job in the public service!! she swears by him and my Dad by frank Fahy. dads reasons are cos frank got us medical cards in the 80's/90's when we didn't qualify for them. I've tried to talk them round but I might as well be talkin to the telly for all the sense i hear coming back at me.

edit... judge curtain if I'm not mistaken, at least someone had the balls to try break his jaw for him on the street!! he should have been taken off in a van, skinned alive, killed a few times and brought back to life and when they were done with him leave him at the gates of the dail

that was one of the worst cases of horsesh!te I ever seen, wrong date on the warrant!! i mean WTF like!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I live in Kerry and don't know of any "rapists and that", and I also didn't vote for some old over-acting gombeen.

I was refering to the Listowel case where the locals supported the rapists and shunned the victim

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1217/1224260838823.html

Obviously there's idiots everywhere, Kerry however seems to have a disturbingly high number relative to the population of the county

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What is that spreadsheet OP?
    Is it the salary and all expenses combined over that four year period?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

JHR and his son are very heavily supported down there alright. The proportion of older above 40 types that do beggars belief. The young dont so there's hope.

It is scary and frankly shameful to see that 19th century caricature of a gombeen paddy showing up to the Dail and being interviewed by foreign media.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I was refering to the Listowel case where the locals supported the rapists and shunned the victim

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1217/1224260838823.html

Obviously there's idiots everywhere, Kerry however seems to have a disturbingly high number relative to the population of the county

I know the case to which you referred, and the guy wasn't charged with, or convicted of rape. Accuracy goes a long way.

As for your Kerry idiot population generalisation? That's worthy of a Daily Mail article.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I know the case to which you referred, and the guy wasn't charged with, or convicted of rape. Accuracy goes a long way.

As for your Kerry idiot population generalisation? That's worthy of a Daily Mail article.

is it such an idiotic generalisation though? there are some right tools from Kerry and I know that from personal experience and the fact the two healy raes keep gettin praise and airtime

there are plenty like them in Galway too and they keep voting for frank Fahy so don't take it personly when we say anything about your particular county

we all got backward, special cases, old time gob****es who shouldn't have anything to do with any type of power like they have to be able to lift the phone and twist the rules in your favour just for a couple of votes ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

biko wrote: »
    Most expensive TD www.roryohanlon.com for Cavan / Monaghan, combined pop. of 60700.
    He's Ardal O'Hanlons father, apparently Ardal used him as inspiration for "Val Falvey TD".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Feckin unreal. the dail should be closed down for this. Im going back to the barter system and settin up a soviet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

While serving as Minister for Education, (Dr Michael) Woods signed a controversial agreement with 18 Irish religious orders involved in child sex-abuse scandals which limited their compensation liability to the victims of abuse to only €128 million. This compensation scheme is project to eventually cost the Irish government, and therefore the Irish tax payers, €1.35 billion.

€1.35 - €128 = €1.222 Billion excluding expenses, pensions and salaries

Not bad, not bad at all............

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

That list is sickening to read. Such greed.