Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much has your TD cost?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Does the payment list include annual wages of is it just additional expenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

This isn't another micro-moan-thread on the economy, it's about salaries and expenses and the scandal thereof. Completely separate issue, especially with a general election on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

This isn't another micro-moan-thread on the economy, it's about salaries and expenses and the scandal thereof. Completely separate issue, especially with a general election on the way.

no k

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

OP can you clarify the source of the figures and what the figures actually represent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

snubbleste wrote: »
    OP can you clarify the source of the figures and what the figures actually represent.

Yea, wondering myself the source of these figures. (More-so for the sake of who's expenses are higher than others)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Elevator wrote: »
    is it such an idiotic generalisation though? there are some right tools from Kerry and I know that from personal experience and the fact the two healy raes keep gettin praise and airtime

there are plenty like them in Galway too and they keep voting for frank Fahy so don't take it personly when we say anything about your particular county

we all got backward, special cases, old time gob****es who shouldn't have anything to do with any type of power like they have to be able to lift the phone and twist the rules in your favour just for a couple of votes ffs

I don't take it personally because I wasn't born here.

Ireland's riddled with this gombeenery crap, and it just so happens that the "King" of these over-acting, salt of the earth bogus yokels, represents some odd-balls in South Kerry. He's got two councillor sons, one of whom will no doubt inherit the TD throne, while the other one wanders around the county ingratiating himself with the community.

The greatest pity though, is that nothing seems to be achieved when there's none of this quasi-blackmail arse-licking going on. North of Tralee, for example, got feck-all even during the boom years. I see that the FF TD Tom McEllistrim knocked up over €530K, but I don't think that there could have been any expenses for travelling north of his Tralee base. He did some door-knocking before he first got elected, and I've seen hide nor hair of him since.

I wish the majority of voters would wake up and get a bit more selective for once in their feckin lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

snubbleste wrote: »

They represent expense claims TD's are taking over and above their base salary, some of these are tax free.

Turning up expenses , travel expenses , office expenses, extra payments for doing us the great service of being on a committee...eg dail transport committee.

http://www.politicalworld.org/showthread.php?t=5732
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    Yea, wondering myself the source of these figures. (More-so for the sake of who's expenses are higher than others)

I've already asked my 3 local TD's about theirs and not one of them has challenged the number quoted....take that as you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I know the case to which you referred, and the guy wasn't charged with, or convicted of rape. Accuracy goes a long way.

As for your Kerry idiot population generalisation? That's worthy of a Daily Mail article.

My apologies, your dead right. Sure it was only sexual assault, sure thats fine so. Nothing wrong with dragging a drunk woman behind a skip and leaving her unconscience, with her jeans down and legs bruised. I'm amazed its even illegal

Your proving my point with the above post and living up to the Kerry stereotype that you are trying to deny. Id like to think most people would view a sexual assault as a disguisting crime, on a par with that of rape and abuse crimes. Wtf does it matter what the sick fcuk was charged with, it amounts to much the same thing in my eyes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sizzler wrote: »
    They represent expense claims TD's are taking over and above their base salary, some of these are tax free.
    Turning up expenses , travel expenses , office expenses, extra payments for doing us the great service of being on a committee...eg dail transport committee.http://www.politicalworld.org/showthread.php?t=5732

It only links to another poster board whose source is someone:
    "I don't know this info on politican's expenses on any previous thread as i recieved it from someone."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

tommyhaas wrote: »
    My apologies, your dead right. Sure it was only sexual assault, sure thats fine so. Nothing wrong with dragging a drunk woman behind a skip and leaving her unconscience, with her jeans down and legs bruised. I'm amazed its even illegal

Your proving my point with the above post and living up to the Kerry stereotype that you are trying to deny. Id like to think most people would view a sexual assault as a disguisting crime, on a par with that of rape and abuse crimes. Wtf does it matter what the sick fcuk was charged with, it amounts to much the same thing in my eyes.

When you stick with the incontrovertible facts, you don't leave yourself or anyone else open to a libel suit. You're jumping the gun again with your stereo-typing and assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

In the OP's link, what do columns C and D represent?

EDIT: Found it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

stovelid wrote: »
    Don't blame Healy-Rae. Blame the thousands of "more power to him" morons that give him a mandate. Or indeed anybody that votes based on what they can get down for their little patch (or pay packet) rather than looking at the big picture.

While I'm sure this post will get plenty of thanks, its also fundamentally naive and unrealistic - self-interest is the only interest, people will look after their own little enviroment before anything else. To demand that people start looking out for the 'big picture' or the 'national interest' is to entirely misunderstand human nature.

Rather, one should look at a political structure that allows so few politicians to hold political parties to ransom, rather then the people who look after their own well-being and their own enviroment first and foremost. Like we all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

bonerm wrote: »
    €85billion / 166 = ....

How does a country of this size have 166 members of the dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭i_love_toast

now dont forget that these were completely unvouched for expenses. It only came in last year where TD's had to hand in their receipts so to speak. These expenses went into the bank accounts of these absolute fools. It is legal corruption thats all it is...plain and simple. Its corruption but they are doing "nothing wrong"...morals dont come into the job of being a TD in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

My TD cost €2,500.

That's how much I had to pay him to make sure my planning application got granted two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

tommyhaas wrote: »
    I was refering to the Listowel case where the locals supported the rapists and shunned the victim

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1217/1224260838823.html

Obviously there's idiots everywhere, Kerry however seems to have a disturbingly high number relative to the population of the county

Oh come off it. There are muppets elected to the Dail and muppets electing them all over the country. Wasn't Bertie being investigated by the tribunals at the time of the last election? Did he also not return one of the highest percentiles in the country? Says alot for the sophisticated aristocrats up in the Capital.

The only expenses a TD should be able to claim in my book are travel and overnight stay expenses. How much petrol does it take to get from Kerry/Galway/Donegal etc to Dublin and back? €200 max or so? Well that's it they should get. The morans are actually sitting in the Dail so little, it shouldn't ammount to too much. You'll get a decent *** hotel in Dublin for what €60 these days? Well that's the max they should be able to claim for that too. Fcuk this €400 a night business. You'll also get a decent three course meal for €30. Fcuk the slap-up meals in Chapter One or Shanahans.

There needs to be serious reform in the area of expenses. Their salaries are big enough ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Elevator wrote: »
    oh the right honourable judge what'shisname!! my dads wife is one of the healy rae supporters from Kerry, she's equally as thick as **** and manages to hold down a job in the public service!! she swears by him and my Dad by frank Fahy. dads reasons are cos frank got us medical cards in the 80's/90's when we didn't qualify for them. I've tried to talk them round but I might as well be talkin to the telly for all the sense i hear coming back at me.

edit... judge curtain if I'm not mistaken, at least someone had the balls to try break his jaw for him on the street!! he should have been taken off in a van, skinned alive, killed a few times and brought back to life and when they were done with him leave him at the gates of the dail

that was one of the worst cases of horsesh!te I ever seen, wrong date on the warrant!! i mean WTF like!!!!

what a creep of a man he was going out with and 18 yo at the time:rolleyes:... judge or not if i had been the girls old man id have kicked his head in and buried him in a forrest somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Degag wrote: »
    The only expenses a TD should be able to claim in my book are travel and overnight stay expenses. How much petrol does it take to get from Kerry/Galway/Donegal etc to Dublin and back? €200 max or so?

I take it that you don't do much driving.... you could rent a car and pay for the petrol for that price!

• Advertisement

I take it that you don't do much driving.... you could rent a car and pay for the petrol for that price!

With the multi-litre Beemers most of them have, you mightn't have too much change out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Who claimed the least?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Micheal Kitt.

Advertisement