Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal meth

Options
  • 16-11-2010 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

I have been away fom Ireland for a few years and boards is my only contact with Irelands current affairs.

Crystal meth or 'P' is massive in US and a serious problem in New Zealand but I never hear anything about it on boards.

Has it hit down there yet or whats the story.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Yeah, we're all on it, it's savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Round here we're still just on glue and lighter fluid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Pretty much non-existent afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

I believe the only finds so far have been in Tralee, both were Polish nationals if I'm not mistaken. But if and when it goes mainstream here.....bye bye society.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Most drugs sold in Ireland now are just left over headshop stuff.

• Advertisement

I knew one guy latvian guy who could get it but in general, it's nowhere to be seen thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

very openminded but thats one drug that can stay well away from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

But if and when it goes mainstream here.....bye bye society.

You said it. I am facinated by this stuff and the effects it has on people and society.

If it does hit down or as you say when it will rip Ireland into shreds due to the freedom the junkies and skum are afforded. There will be madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Plastic bag and a tin of lynx tempest and away we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

ScumLord wrote: »
    Most drugs sold in Ireland now are just left over headshop stuff.

You can't tell whats what anymore they're all mixed up together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

<joke linking crystal meth and crystal swing>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sensationalist rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

You said it. I am facinated by this stuff and the effects it has on people and society.

If it does hit down or as you say when it will rip Ireland into shreds due to the freedom the junkies and skum are afforded. There will be madness.

Could you tell a little about it. Form, what kinda high, the generals effects of it. Outside of the name, I n=know nothing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yeah, we're all on it, it's savage.

Typical LOI fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Plastic bag and a tin of lynx tempest and away we go!

can you use other types of lynx?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Orizio wrote: »
    Typical LOI fans.

Need something as a Bohs fan to escape from reality.

deathrider wrote: »
    Could you tell a little about it. Form, what kinda high, the generals effects of it. Outside of the name, I n=know nothing about.

Well from what ive seen in documentary etc it comes in a small quantity of crystal looking powderish stuff and you smoke it in a glass pipe.

Its supposed to be way more potent than heroin and also way more addictive. The first hit is a flood of endorfins?!? to the brain and any subsequent hits never get back to that level of high but those who become addicted (nearly all who try it) are constantly chasing the initial high.

It makes users believ that there are bugs under their skin so they can spend hours trying to dig them out with their finger nails leaving scars and such.
    It dried out your mouth and stop syliva forming so your teeth rot.

It makes people completely lose the run of themselves and they rob stuff to support the habit and shoot at police when they start chasing them etc.

It seems to be the most destructive thing imaginable to safe, sane society and its effects are spreading all over the states, oz, nz and elsewhere I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Just watch breaking bad

Confab wrote: »
    Sensationalist rubbish.

You are probably right. Im just going on what I hear from documentarys etc so they generally up the shock

• Advertisement

It's like speed physically but like an intense coke buzz mentally. From what I've heard about smoking crack it could well be closer in intensity to that than snorting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Well from what ive seen in documentary etc it comes in a small quantity of crystal looking powderish stuff and you smoke it in a glass pipe.

Its supposed to be way more potent than heroin and also way more addictive. The first hit is a flood of endorfins?!? to the brain and any subsequent hits never get back to that level of high but those who become addicted (nearly all who try it) are constantly chasing the initial high.

It makes users believ that there are bugs under their skin so they can spend hours trying to dig them out with their finger nails leaving scars and such.

It makes people completely lose the run of themselves and they rob stuff to support the habit and shoot at police when they start chasing them etc.

It seems to be the most destructive thing imaginable to safe, sane society and its effects are spreading all over the states, oz, nz and elsewhere I would imagine.

Ok, fair enough. It makes folks proper mental then. That's nasty stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

No meth at all over here although there's probably one or two tight circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I have been away fom Ireland for a few years and boards is my only contact with Irelands current affairs.

Crystal meth or 'P' is massive in US and a serious problem in New Zealand but I never hear anything about it on boards.

Cheers

It's a strange one.

Remember a "journalistic" piece a few years ago saying it was the next thing to come here.

Put Heroin down as a recreational drug in comparison to what meths does to a person.

Seems we went the coke and hookers way.

Yanks, hey!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Cheers
    I thought market research was frowned upon on boards?

Or snort. Though like MDMA it'll cause nasal problems and bleeding way quicker than Coke because it's lots of little crystals.
    It's probably closer to Crack in terms of addiction and seems to also share that there's no "getting by" on it. With heroin if someone has a certain amount of income they're more likely to be able to control themselves and live to that, it doesn't seem be the case with Crack or Meth in that they just want as much as they can get at any time. On chasing the initial high, that applies to most every drug.
    Rare enough, more likely with speed I thought.
    Possibly, though I'd like to see evidence beyond just correlation for that since the lifestyle that most tweakers have would cause similar results.
    Any highly addictive and highly potent drug will make people lose the run of themselves, shooting at cops is more of a PCP thing I think. :pac:
    It's a nasty drug, I'd say Crack has done worse overall but Meth is catching up alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

K-9 wrote: »
    It's a strange one.

Remember a "journalistic" piece a few years ago saying it was the next thing to come here.

Put Heroin down as a recreational drug in comparison to what meths does to a person.

Yanks, hey!

I remember that myself. I cant seem to figure out a reason why it hasnt spread any faster compared to the likes of heroin when it has spread so quickly across the US and Aus.

K-9 wrote: »
    It's a strange one.

Yanks, hey!

We went down the snorting coke rather than smoking crack road thank ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

Meth is around, and there's plenty of it. Just to get it is another story, the dealers themselves try to keep it as if it was 'non existant', that way the guards aren't looking for it. Depending on who you know it's simple to get, I myself know dozens of people that can get it within minutes(cork city centre) but I suppose that's only in Cork, not sure if it's the same in other counties.

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »
    I remember that myself. I cant seem to figure out a reason why it hasnt spread any faster compared to the likes of heroin when it has spread so quickly across the US and Aus.

What would the quantities be like? It'd be damn hard to produce here on the QT so importing would be almost the only option. The cynic in me thinks that there may be more "co-operation" going on than the law allows for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement