Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal meth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Is Meth also know as Ice?

Also, has anyone ever heard of a drug called Hi 5 (5仔 in Chinese)? Is it another name for Meth or is it something else?

Probably one of the research chemicals? Naphyrone or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Also, has anyone ever heard of a drug called Hi 5 (5仔 in Chinese)? Is it another name for Meth or is it something else?

This girl is apparently on 5仔, but I don't know what it is in English..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

She has headphones on!!! Could be anything really!!! She seems slightly disinhibited alright! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

amacachi wrote: »
    It's also in no small part due to the idiocy of the buyers though.

Couldn't agree more!

I've heard it called ice before alright

I wonder if 5仔 exists in Ireland? I know the Chinese in England have it. I think they get it from HK / China. Horrible stuff it is. God knows why they take it.

Just wish I knew what the hell it is. I thought it might be Meth, but 5仔 is in pill form. Meth is like crystals, yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

It's nasty ****, but i'd still give it a try once or twice. I'm a curious person by nature! Never seen or heard of it to be on sale in dublin though, but then i haven't gone looking either, so i'm not sure.

Damn AH for not allowing IMG Tags!!! Spongebob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

msg11 wrote: »
    Psychological effects

Psychological effects can include euphoria, anxiety, increased libido, alertness, concentration, energy, self-esteem, self-confidence, sociability, irritability, aggression, psychosomatic disorders, psychomotor agitation, grandiosity, excessive feelings of power and invincibility, repetitive and obsessive behaviors, paranoia, and with chronic and/or high doses, amphetamine psychosis can occur.

I'm sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

She has headphones on!!! Could be anything really!!! She seems slightly disinhibited alright! :D

No more crazy or euphoric listening to music via headphones than I was the first time I ever took E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

You said it. I am facinated by this stuff and the effects it has on people and society.

If it does hit down or as you say when it will rip Ireland into shreds due to the freedom the junkies and skum are afforded. There will be madness.

I don’t believe it could "rip Ireland to shreds", the only people that would probably ever try it are people already taking (and seriously addicted to) drugs like heroine etc. There not exactly contributing to society much anyway so it’s not like were losing much.
    It called “natural selection”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I once tried Cake, gave me severe water retention in my neck. Known to the common user as Czech Neck.

I should've listened to Rolf Harris :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

You said it. I am facinated by this stuff and the effects it has on people and society.

If it does hit down or as you say when it will rip Ireland into shreds due to the freedom the junkies and skum are afforded. There will be madness.

Why exactly ? will it cause people who are addicted to do worse then
    heroin addicts to get their fix ? or do you mean it will cause chaos as to the way people will act while high?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Dat's some daycent choon bai!!!!!!

:pac:
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Did I miss something?

I'd usually see more riveting action than this on the average collection of my Kung Po Chicken and Fried Rice ?????

- There's 2 mins 51 secs I'm never getting back :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    I don’t believe it could "rip Ireland to shreds", the only people that would probably ever try it are people already taking (and seriously addicted to) drugs like heroine etc. There not exactly contributing to society much anyway so it’s not like were losing much.

It isn't that simple. Think of all the people who tried cocaine in the last 10 years. This stuff gives you a much better high and is far more addictive. Thousands of young people in gaol in the states over it who'd otherwise be in college/working etc.

From what I've read I'd take my chances with heroin before this stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Zascar wrote: »
    Horriffic drug, I've seen people fuk themselves up cause of it (in oz) and pray it never comes here. Watch these documentaries:
    "The Meth Epidemic" (CBS Frontline)
    "City addicted to crystal meth" (Louis Theroux)
    "Worlds most dangerous drug"
    "Meth Nation" - Discoveru Channel

Google them they are all online

Also check out "The Faces of Meth" - horrible stuff...
    http://www.google.ie/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=faces+of+meth

Best Doc I've every seen about meth is from Australia and is called Ice Age. Here's 10mins of it, I'm sure the rest is up there too.

It isn't that simple. Think of all the people who tried cocaine in the last 10 years. This stuff gives you a much better high and is far more addictive. Thousands of young people in gaol in the states over it who'd otherwise be in college/working etc.

And what terrible fate befell all those people who tried coke? I'll tell you. Most, the vast majority, had a great time and then went about their business as normal. Same thing will happen with meth, and the next drug, and the next drug and so on.
    How many times do people have to hear this nonsense repeated before they spot the pattern?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

And what terrible fate befell all those people who tried coke? I'll tell you. Most, the vast majority, had a great time and then went about their business as normal. Same thing will happen with meth, and the next drug, and the next drug and so on.
    How many times do people have to hear this nonsense repeated before they spot the pattern?

My point was if those people had done crystal meth instead of coke they'd be in worse shape. I'm not saying everyone gets addicted to every drug they take, I'd differentiate between the chemicals

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm sorry but that's just not true. Meth is far more addictive that cocaine. Cocaine & Ecstasy are for the most part 'party drugs' - meth is not. I have seen first hand people doing it 'recreationally' for a few weeks and very very quickly they are doing it several times a week and then ever day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I once tried Cake, gave me severe water retention in my neck. Known to the common user as Czech Neck.

I heard a baby on cake cried all the water out of his body, its a fucking disgrace.

I wonder who invented it? What was he thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

that it'd be highly addictive and therefore a great money maker for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

It was invented by a Dr. Crystal Meth. I'm sure that had she known the addictive qualities of the substance, she never would have released the results of her experimentation to the public. Alas, a typical example of the tragedy of genius (along the lines of Albert Einstein's contribution to the creation of nuclear weapons).

that it'd be highly addictive and therefore a great money maker for him.

Ok but what, like, "I reckon if I mix this with that and do this to it, it'd probably give me and the lads a wicked buzz".. really?

FruitLover wrote: »
    It was invented by a Dr. Crystal Meth. I'm sure that had she known the addictive qualities of the substance, she never would have released the results of her experimentation to the public. Alas, a typical example of the tragedy of genius (along the lines of Albert Einstein's contribution to the creation of nuclear weapons).

Lame.

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that's just not true. Meth is far more addictive that cocaine. Cocaine & Ecstasy are for the most part 'party drugs' - meth is not. I have seen first hand people doing it 'recreationally' for a few weeks and very very quickly they are doing it several times a week and then ever day.

I agree with you, of course some things are more addictive than others, but you can be guaranteed that it's nowhere near as bad as the press will tell you, and for the most part the people who will end up addicted to it, would end up addicted to something else if meth didn't exist. Addiction to anything doesn't happen overnight, there are warning signs which must be either missed or ignored before a full blown addiction can take place. The kind of disinformation contained in the media helps no one, except the media!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Crystalised Methamphetamine was synthesised by Akira Ogata in 1919. Methamphetamine itself was synthesised in 1893 by Nagai Nagayoshi.

It is far from a new drug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine#History

Crystalised Methamphetamine was sythenised by Akira Ogata in 1919. Methamphetamine itself was sythenised in 1893 by Nagai Nagayoshi.

It is far from a new drug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine#History

Didn't know that. So the Japs invented it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    the_monkey wrote: »
    Why exactly ? will it cause people who are addicted to do worse then
    heroin addicts to get their fix ? or do you mean it will cause chaos as to the way people will act while high?

Yeah Im refering to the damage that Meth Addicts cause coupled with the relaxed attitude Ireland has towards allowing skumbags wreck and ruin everything for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Duggy747 wrote: »

Clarky Cat makes every drug mentioned here look like smarties.

Yes.
    Cake included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

classic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement