Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaging winds Thursday 13:00 onward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

the wind is begining to pick up here as i type on the west coast (near the surfers paradise-louisburgh.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

irish1967 wrote: »
    Do you think the car park at the Tara Hotel killybegs would be safe to park in tomorrow ?

I guess it would not really sure, I wouldnt really like to be near any loose objects though etc.
    Down by the pier would be a bit close for comfort :pac:
    Out by the blue haven might be a good spot too although its higher up not sure if this would mean more or less wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Any word on Munster for tomorrow or is this just affecting the North & West?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rushah

http://www.torro.org.uk/site/forecast.php

"Rapidly deepening Atlantic storm will push an occluding frontal system across the British Isles overnight and through Wednesday. Strong ascent across northern parts of Ireland and N Ireland could lead to deeper convection here, with a risk of thunder. Wind gusts of 50-65mph possible, along with isolated tornadoes!!" :)

Not wrote: »
    More media hype :rolleyes: 'Tornado throws cars 40 feet into the air' - must have been leprechauns feet going by that video :pac:
    I disagree , I think when any car is lifted into the air the word media hype shouldnt even be in the same sentence! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Rushah wrote: »
    http://www.torro.org.uk/site/forecast.php

"Rapidly deepening Atlantic storm will push an occluding frontal system across the British Isles overnight and through Wednesday. Strong ascent across northern parts of Ireland and N Ireland could lead to deeper convection here, with a risk of thunder. Wind gusts of 50-65mph possible, along with isolated tornadoes!!" :)

Tor-fecking-nadoes...! surely this is the stuff of FI

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

DarkJager wrote: »
    Any word on Munster for tomorrow or is this just affecting the North & West?

Affecting everywhere - just worse in the North and West. Definately not pleasant wherever you are!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

http://magicseaweed.com/Prowlers-Breaks-Cover-Content/2933/7/

check out the video off sligo from last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rushah

Tor-fecking-nadoes...! surely this is the stuff of FI

Hope so!! An F1's better than nothing...........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=105144

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Still no warnings on Met Office yet for Northern Ireland...

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_warnings.html

Wind is slightly picking up here, but nothing major.

EUMETSAT_MSG_RGB-airmass-westernEurope.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Wind picked up slightly here in last half hour. On a normal night I would call it 'breezy'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Yeah folks here's another great view from hour ago,

Arrrrgg!!!! tis Captain Hook.

n1bcurr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Is it just me or does something seem a bit off - no severe weather warnings in place and not many forcasts warning of "strong winds" (erring on this side of cautious in my choice of words). Either the boards experts have got it wrong (extremely doubtful) or the meeja are just frightened of getting egg on their faces again.

gally74 wrote: »

Maybe a stupid question ,but Ireland will get stronger winds tomorrow than England or rest of UK , right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Normal with a weather event like this there are differing views on here. And as we all know fear if ramping it too much is always in the back of minds here. This time everyone here is in agreement. That is rare in itself and a sign things should go as forecast here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Picking up a fair bit over the last hour in Achill too. ...candles at the ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Guess the gust just opened on Netweather for Ireland locations only.
    Prize - months free netextra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I'm seriously considering giving work a miss tomorrow reading everything on here. I start at 3pm and finish at 11pm so I'll be driving in at the height of it and then home in the dark.....sounds a bit dodgy to me.:(

themadchef wrote: »
    Picking up a fair bit over the last hour in Achill too. ...candles at the ready.

I wish i was there:(

Guess the gust just opened on Netweather for Ireland locations only.
    Prize - months free netextra

I'll go with

93 mph in malin head
    88 mph in Belmullet.

in other news Torres has scored again!

Stormy here too, are we expecting the storm to start tonight or is it strictly 13:00 tomorrow :D ?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

will dublin or meath be effected much ? because sunday was noting:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

got to travle tomorrow on important errand, 2 hour drive to and 2 hour drive home, am a bit worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

just take extra care and youll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Guys I Have a Duplex house so im on the 3rd and 4th floors with a apex roof!!!
    In north Dublin at the moment should I be worried about slates coming off? :(:eek:

carlmwan wrote: »
    just take extra care and youll be fine
    I dunno, You can take extra care and next thing a huges tree falls on top of you!!
    Seriously driving tomorrow will be dangerous if they weather gurus here are right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Picture at 1855GMT.

5165131172_3e7d88a94b_b.jpg

Credit to NERC Satellite Receiving Station, Dundee University, Scotland.
    Link: http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement