Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Corr on Today FM now

Options
  • 29-10-2010 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,292 ✭✭✭✭

Funny enough.

Reckons he's uncovered a lot of stuff....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Funny enough.

...and not just in the sisters knicker drawer...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Be afraid, very afraid! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

tin foil hat not interfere with radio waves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

lets wait outside the today fm station and follow him while talking into our sleeves.

Anyone who disagrees is a disinformation troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

He doesn't sound as mental as he used to.

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    ...And Tom Cruise had stopped jumping on sofa's too. He's still a nutcase though I suspect!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah, The Coors haven't released anything i n a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

he doesn't ? . he must been bad before then !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Usual shtick, just more calmly presented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

MrStuffins wrote: »

They had a nice light beer out recently.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

rarnes1 wrote: »

Hes the Poirot of our time :D

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Hes the Poirot of our time :D
    He'd the David Icke of this decade! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Biggins wrote: »

*Googles David Icke*

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Last time I checked we had free speech in this country. Whether we disagree with someone or not, there're entitled to their own opinion without being ridiculed surely? Otherwise we might as well buy "Jackboots" for Xmas and start marching in step.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    *Googles David Icke*

You won't get many results.

Try Googling "Reincarnation of Jesus Christ" and you'll be more successful!

Last time I checked we had free speech in this country. Whether we disagree with someone or not, there're entitled to their own opinion.............

Yes, but.........
    ......without being ridiculed surely?

No!

Also, we don't have free speech, you've been watching too much US tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Who are the Coors?
    The Corrs surely? Or did he join a new band?

The guy is a bit "alternative" alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

He's still a nutcase though I suspect!

What did he say in previous interviews?
    I've seen it mentioned on here that he's a bit of a nutjob but never heard why exactly!

kippy wrote: »
    Who are the Coors?
    The Corrs surely? Or did he join a new band?

Yeah, because instead of it being a simple spelling mistake, i was refering to ANOTHER similarly named band that Jim Corr was in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yeah, because instead of it being a simple spelling mistake, i was refering to ANOTHER similarly named band that Jim Corr was in :rolleyes:

My bad man, my bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Last time I checked we had free speech in this country. Whether we disagree with someone or not, there're entitled to their own opinion without being ridiculed surely? Otherwise we might as well buy "Jackboots" for Xmas and start marching in step.

Would this Free speech stuff, should it exist, not also include people ridiculing the crazy public ranting of a crazy man?

Did he pay back his massive loans he owes that the banks are chasing him for yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Being surrounded by all that Tottie all the time and not being able to do anything about it has turned him insane.

Incorrect on a number of counts, in particular the idea that mockery harms free speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The whole point about free speech is that one can say nonsense and be mocked for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nodin wrote: »
    Incorrect on a number of counts,

Counts? You use the plural when surely you meant to use the singular?

Incorrect? I am expressing my opinion, so is my opinion wrong? How can my opinion be wrong? When it's mine? This of course is your opinion which you’re entitled to express. Do you see the point I’m making here? Or perhaps you already bought the “Jackboots”?

Nodin wrote: »
    ...the idea that mockery harms free speech.

Where did this came from? Phew! Jaysus, people’s interpretation or lack of interpretation never fails to amaze me. I’ll sum up the meaning of my original post for you.

Jim Corr express’s an opinion, he gets mocked and ridiculed – I said that he’s surely entitled to express an opinion. You’re perfectly entitled to mock him, it’s just that I don’t follow the ‘sheep’ and conform to populist trends.

Anyway, fcuk this sh1te, I have a class reunion to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I think you're confusing free speech with forcing people to listen and take seriously. Mocking a speaker is also free speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Jim Corr express’s an opinion, he gets mocked and ridiculed – I said that he’s surely entitled to express an opinion. You’re perfectly entitled to mock him, it’s just that I don’t follow the ‘sheep’ and conform to populist trends.

Yeah man. Fight the power by taking talking bollocks seriously. Not like those sheeple out there.

It's like sheep and people together.

Counts? You use the plural when surely you meant to use the singular?

Theres no unilateral guarantee of free speech in the Irish constitution.

Incorrect? I am expressing my opinion, so is my opinion wrong? How can my opinion be wrong? When it's mine?

Like when Jim Corr gives his opinion that 9/11 was an "inside job" wrong, wrong.

No, this is what you said.
    Last time I checked we had free speech in this country. Whether we disagree with someone or not, there're entitled to their own opinion without being ridiculed surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

If you say ridiculous things then surely ridicule is the appropriate response?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You missed the big David Icke thread from a couple of years back.

The AH mods decided (in private) to take a week off and only act on really bad stuff.
    The following thread was a result of the holiday: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055144674

The two Icke supporters were traced back to David Icke's own forum. They have a thing about spreading the word of Icke.

It also created Lizardfudge.

15 posts in and the thread is Godwinned.
    Well done.

Advertisement