Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Corr on Today FM now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

johnn wrote: »
    Being surrounded by all that Tottie all the time and not being able to do anything about it has turned him insane.

Have you proof of that...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Biggins wrote: »
    He'd the David Icke of this decade! :pac:

He's not even 1% as mad as David Icke.

Oddly, David Icke makes a pretty healthy living from this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

That David Icke thread is bloody hilarious.

<Off Topic> On another note I see Jizzlord threw in a comment or two there. I never knew the lad but it's mad to think he passed away a few months back. The idea of that happening to a boardsie.. it's scary. I have it in our head that we're all immortal!</Off Topic>

But seriously that thread is funny as hell. Made more so by the fact that most of the replies initially come from mods!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gaelic_fella

TodayFM had his latest message on air this morning

"This morning on the Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show Jim Corr has been vindicated yet again when his latest video explaining the deliberate take down of Irelands and the world’s economy by international bankers and there corrupt government cronies was played on air and posted on Today FM’s website."

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ian-Dempsey-Breakfast-Show/Blog/10-11-24/Jim_Corr_s_latest_message.aspx?ReturnURL=%2fShows%2fWeekdays%2fIan-Dempsey-Breakfast-Show%2fBlog.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ing8xH3Qj-k#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Last time I checked we had free speech in this country. Whether we disagree with someone or not, there're entitled to their own opinion without being ridiculed surely? Otherwise we might as well buy "Jackboots" for Xmas and start marching in step.

it's freedom of speech not exemption from criticism and you are interfering with others freedom of speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Incorrect? I am expressing my opinion, so is my opinion wrong? How can my opinion be wrong?
    When its not an 'opinion'. You were stating a fact which was not in fact, a fact.

Where did this came from? Phew! Jaysus, people’s interpretation or lack of interpretation never fails to amaze me. I’ll sum up the meaning of my original post for you.
    Next time you want to fight the power and rail against the injustice of people ridiculing your posts, you might want to actually read what you actually said. Sum up all you want, but its not what you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

So should I be listening to Jim Corr's take on the economic situation or not?

I am basically willing to riot/protest, that is what he's suggesting, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

I read his website recently and the kind of thing he puts forward as "evidence" is that if you doubt him then this shows that they really are brain washing you because they want you to doubt.

In other words if you agree with him despite having no evidence then he is right, but if you doubt him then this in itself evidence that he is right.

Really, if he wants that the doubts of experts can be used as evidence that something is true then what he wants is to live in a world where anything can be evidence for anything simply by saying it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Everything Jim has said has been proven right.

In Jim's mind at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Who'd win in a fight, Jim or Joe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

I read his website recently and the kind of thing he puts forward as "evidence" is that if you doubt him then this shows that they really are brain washing you because they want you to doubt.

In other words if you agree with him despite having no evidence then he is right, but if you doubt him then this in itself evidence that he is right.

Really, if he wants that the doubts of experts can be used as evidence that something is true then what he wants is to live in a world where anything can be evidence for anything simply by saying it is.

I find this theory of yours doubtful, at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I shall order my Lizard army to destroy Jim forthwith. He is getting too much attention and threatening to blow my/our cover.

Ah I knew I could find the quote if I waded back into his "website".
    Most people react with disbelief and skepticism towards the topic, unaware that they have been conditioned (brainwashed) to react with skepticism by institutional and media influences that were created by the Mother of All mind control organizations: The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations in London.

So really... if you doubt there is a conspiracy that means there is!!! Convincing stuff huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I have listened to everyone discredit him in the past, but he is making alot of sense here... at least take the 10 minutes to watch this, and make your own mind up

The issue with conspiracy theorists like Corr is that they will make a lot of sense. Their conspiracies are nearly always built on quite a lot of facts. Much of their evidence really does exist. It is just the conclusions drawn from said evidence that is insane.

Take for example Corr’s theory that there is a New World Order in the making. If you read his essays on this he claims there that they want to reduce the population of the planet by many millions.

As evidence for this he would cite people who have indeed suggested a reduction in the population, or at least the current population growth, of the world would be a good idea due to strains large populations put on our resources.

He would then shout QED.

Essentially what he has done here is:

1) X is defined as having characteristic Y
    2) Characteristic Y really does exist.
    3) Therefore X must exist.

Right up until step 3 he is making perfect sense. It is suddenly at the end that everything breaks down in an insane non-sequitar. This is why you can listen to a video like that above and think “This guy makes a lot of sense”. Most of what he says will.

The video has nearly 16000 views in less than a day :D
    See you all on Saturday I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Biggins wrote: »
    He'd the David Icke of this decade! :pac:

I can picture Jim Corr in a shellsuit:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So should I be listening to Jim Corr's take on the economic situation or not?

I am basically willing to riot/protest, that is what he's suggesting, right?

Why do you need Jim Corrs go-ahead to protest? And are you willing to riot or protest? Because they are two very different things.

Hes not suggesting rioting at all. What are you playing at? Peaceful protest by the people is what he is talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I have listened to everyone discredit him in the past, but he is making alot of sense here... at least take the 10 minutes to watch this, and make your own mind up

he right about a few things esp the Corrib field if we held onto that we would have huge revenue but we gave it away :rolleyes:, hope they don't do the same if the new find off Galway proves as big , but the poxy imf probably own that now aswell.cnuts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Why do you need Jim Corrs go-ahead to protest? And are you willing to riot or protest? Because they are two very different things.
    Nobody mentioned a riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

The issue with conspiracy theorists like Corr is that they will make a lot of sense. Their conspiracies are nearly always built on quite a lot of facts. Much of their evidence really does exist. It is just the conclusions drawn from said evidence that is insane.

Take for example Corr’s theory that there is a New World Order in the making. If you read his essays on this he claims there that they want to reduce the population of the planet by many millions.

As evidence for this he would cite people who have indeed suggested a reduction in the population, or at least the current population growth, of the world would be a good idea due to strains large populations put on our resources.

He would then shout QED.

Essentially what he has done here is:

1) X is defined as having characteristic Y
    2) Characteristic Y really does exist.
    3) Therefore X must exist.

Right up until step 3 he is making perfect sense. It is suddenly at the end that everything breaks down in an insane non-sequitar. This is why you can listen to a video like that above and think “This guy makes a lot of sense”. Most of what he says will.

The highlighted part you're kind of contradicting yourself. Why do you presume he is wrong? He's looked at the evidence and came up with logical conclusions and unless you have further evidence to prove him wrong you can't say he doesn't know what he's talking about.

In time Jim Corr will be proved correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Corr says the same thing 30 different ways and gives no detail.

profitius wrote: »
    Why do you presume he is wrong?

Because nothing he has presented is evidence for the conclusions he has reached, such as there is a conspiratorial new world order of elite illuminati planning to take over the world starting with engineering an economic crisis in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

I find it scary that so many people actually believe/agree with the conspiracy theories of Icke and Corr and the likes. Don't know whether I should feel sorry for them or laugh my ass off. I usually go with the second option :D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

curlzy wrote: »
    I find it scary that so many people actually believe/agree with the conspiracy theories of Icke and Corr and the likes. Don't know whether I should feel sorry for them or laugh my ass off. I usually go with the second option :D:P

I find it scary that there are people who would consider none of them may be true, purely on the basis that some of their other theories seem so outlandish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Jim Corr has always made some reasonable points in my opinion, but I have two major problems with him. Firstly, anyone good points he does make generally lead to long tangents about the NWO that inevitably get so ridiculous that it strips them of any credibility. Secondly, he is so far up his own arse it is unbelievable. He seems to have toned down the god complex a tad now though, and is engaging in subjects more relevent to Irish society, so he may start getting a bit more credibility in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Jim for the Áras 2011.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

curlzy wrote: »

Conspiracy theorists are the people who see things differenty from the rest of the population. Conspiracy theorists could tell you years ago that the ecomonic situation was heading for trouble and if people listened they'd have saved alot of money. Instead the sheeple listened to what the crooks/gangsters in governments told them and as we're seeing now look where that has got the country.

Now I heard on the radio the other day that the economic bailout will only work depending on how the worlds economy does. Meanwhile Gerald Celente is saying that there is soon to be currency wars etc so I'd take his word ahead of what the crooks/gangsters/puppets are telling us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He is on Today FM again in a few moments, Matt Cooper seems to be a fan

Advertisement