Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ruffles91

a smurf-ette

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Ghost from Modern Warfare 2

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Scout from Team Fortress 2.
    BOINK!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I have access to about 20 dif starwars costumes so just have to decide which. maybe Ben Kenobe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'm still considering what to dress up as....

I'm thinking of a sexy witch or Raoul Duke (fear and loathing) I'm just wondering how I could get away with sexing it up.....Any help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Hey all, looking for some serious help here! Me and 3 mates challenged 4 of our friends to a group costume competition. Whoever loses supplies the booze for the night. Just found out that they've decided to be the 4 teenage mutant ninja turtles. Gotta say, it's genius. Finding it hard to think of anything better. So far i've come up with the 4 south park or ghost busters characters but neither are as a good idea imo. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Not necessarily, when done right with the steering wheel etc it'll be the talk of the party.

would it be bad to laugh if you crashed and died on the way to the party!? NO!

dressing up as one of the ymca gang :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

neil.p.b wrote: »
    Hey all, looking for some serious help here! Me and 3 mates challenged 4 of our friends to a group costume competition. Whoever loses supplies the booze for the night. Just found out that they've decided to be the 4 teenage mutant ninja turtles. Gotta say, it's genius. Finding it hard to think of anything better. So far i've come up with the 4 south park or ghost busters characters but neither are as a good idea imo. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!

ninjas?
    power rangers?
    teletubbies?
    zombies in pyjamas?

put "mens halloween costumes" into google...
    search images.... you'll get lots of ideas..

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

foxinsox wrote: »
    power rangers?

I'm the green ranger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

foxinsox wrote: »
    ninjas?
    power rangers?
    teletubbies?
    zombies in pyjamas?

put "mens halloween costumes" into google...
    search images.... you'll get lots of ideas..

:)
    NothingMan wrote: »
    I'm the green ranger :D

Cheers guys. I'm liking the power ranger idea. They'd definitely kill the ninja turtles!! :)@NothingMan, how you going about making yours? The suit should be easy enough but the helmet could be tricky to get right.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

neil.p.b wrote: »
    @NothingMan, how you going about making yours? The suit should be easy enough but the helmet could be tricky to get right.

Thanks again

Making? eBay! €30 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

A gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Anne Boleyn.

Been watching re-runs of The Tudors while making my costume. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

edward scissors hands. ive got the hair and the pastey white complection all i need to do is use extra srenght glue to make sure i dont loose my razor sharp scissors on my hands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

sierra117x wrote: »
    edward scissors hands. ive got the hair and the pastey white complection all i need to do is use extra srenght glue to make sure i dont loose my razor sharp scissors on my hands :D

Nail glue would be good. Or better still, you could tape them to your fingers. Might save you ripping a nail off by accident. Not fun! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Went as a smurf last year and managed to pull so clearly me in body paint is awfully fetching :p.

Hmm, thinking of the Hulk maybe...

I find the slutty outfits on girls a bit boring to be honest, last party I was at the best looking girl there was dressed up as a Roma Beggar complete with Big Issue, bit more of a talking point than a Playboy Bunny I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I find the slutty outfits on girls a bit boring to be honest

This man does not speak for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

I'm thinking of dressing up as Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's (not exactly slutty...) - need a cigarette holder, though, not sure where I'd get one in Dublin - suppose I could knock something up with a cigarette and some black tape?

Went out as Amy Winehouse a couple of years ago, about the time when 'Rehab' came out but before she was super-famous - was nice to stand out amongst the slutty 'pirate' and 'devil' outfits, and I still managed to score:p but I was a bit pisshed (I was doing Amy proud!) Anyhew, going for something a bit classier this year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

My friends and I are supposed to be going as Robert Palmer and the women in black dresses and big red lips with guitars in the addicted to love video but one of the girls is getting cold feet cos she thinks no one will know who we're supposed to be! what do ya's think? Do you think the video is well known enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

The Situation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Went as a smurf last year and managed to pull so clearly me in body paint is awfully fetching :p.

I find the slutty outfits on girls a bit boring to be honest, last party I was at the best looking girl there was dressed up as a Roma Beggar complete with Big Issue, bit more of a talking point than a Playboy Bunny I think :D

Shirtless with blue body paint, semi-shirtless with green body paint. Male slutty.

Double standards, ho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Myself and 3 lads are heading to the plaza for a fancy dress competition or whatever the feck.

anyway we're going as the A-Team

i shall be murdock myself - already have everything sorted, just need a red baseball cap :)

now, the thing is, all of us are white but one of us are going as BA.

So it's gonna involve a trip to the body paint shop ! :pac:

but i really should point out that this is being done proper (went back over the thread and saw someone was going as BA but had a costume thingy that looked so fake)

we are doing it right.

Face is one of the lads putting quite a bit of wax or gel in his hair wearing a suit
    Murdock - pilot jacked, red t-shirt, jeans and brown casual shoes with a red baseball cap
    BA - proper mohawk, all the jewelry and the clothing
    and the man with the plan - getting his hair doing white or silver (whichever it is) and again all the clothing and an actual Cuban cigar !

and to point out we're going as the original A-team, not the recent one that was in the cinema there this year.

http://www.pcpcgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/the_a_team.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Aoife9 wrote: »
    My friends and I are supposed to be going as Robert Palmer and the women in black dresses and big red lips with guitars in the addicted to love video but one of the girls is getting cold feet cos she thinks no one will know who we're supposed to be! what do ya's think? Do you think the video is well known enough?

everyone will get that!
    who doesn't know that video? even if they don't who wouldn't like to see 4 women in tight skirts and slicked back hair
    bring an mp3 player and play the song just to make sure they get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Last year I dressed as a peado priest. Black shirt, black pants, black shoes, fake white collar and a very expensive realistic looking toddler doll from Smyths and on of those studded dog collars and a leash.

It got annoying pretty quick to be honest....

Heard on the radio about a guy that went as Kanye West last year and dared to put on the black face paint...he kept interuppting peoples conversations all night...that would have been fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

So you pulled a Roma beggar last Halloween is what you're trying to say? Good for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Wompa1 wrote: »
    So you pulled a Roma beggar last Halloween is what you're trying to say? Good for you!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallystar

My brother and his mates are dressing up as Chilean Miners. High viz jackets, helmets (a few used work in construction!), fake tan on their faces, fake moustaches and sunglasses:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I'm going to go as a premature ejaculation.
    I'm going to dress up as Santa and tell people 'Yeah I came early'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Bertie Ahern could be a good one. Cut leg holes into the bottom of a big carboard box and have a door and hey-press-to it's "News of the world Bertie!"
    Only problem Berties head wouldn't fit in a cardboard box.

Advertisement