Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen Wolf (MTV) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I don't hold my hopes up for this.
    They will just turn it into another soapy American teenage drama washout.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They'll both suck, especially Skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I can just imagine the US Skins being a replacement to The Hills. The great thing about Skins was that your average teen could relate to some things in the show. It was over the top at times but still enjoyable and relateable. A Skins remake about some snobby, stuck up, spoiled teen living in LA complaining that her auld lad bought her the wrong car is not relateable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

RageFace2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Every remade movie IS A DISGUSTING P.C. PIECE OF CRAP!! (Compared to the original)

I watched some of the new "FRIDAY THE 13TH" -- Complete garbage!!

The PC crap in this country is out of control and insane!!

Teen Wolf star Tyler Posey has confirmed that the upcoming MTV series will be "completely different" from the 1985 film.

Michael J. Fox starred in the original movie as Scott Howard, a high school student born with werewolf DNA.

Posey told Collider: "It thought it was awesome that they were redoing [Teen Wolf] but I wasn't expecting what I read from the script."

He explained: "In the movie, Michael J. Fox's character... already had the werewolf DNA in his blood. Whereas on the TV show, I'm bit [by a creature]. It's a lot darker than the movie. [Also] the sport [I play] isn't basketball, it's lacrosse."

However, the actor insisted that fans of the film will still enjoy the new television remake.

"I think for the people who know the movie and hear of Teen Wolf on MTV, there's going to be some weird stuff going through their heads," he admitted. "But I think that anyone, fan of the movie or not, will love this show."

Teen Wolf is expected to premiere on MTV in 2011.

Lacrosse?

LOL

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I could never figure out if the lines about Lacrosse being a tough sport in those American Pie films were serious or a piss take.

If they had remade Teen Wolf Too I'd have been all over that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Ah for god's sake, they're going to completely ruin everything Skins is about.

That show was unlike any other teen drama I'd seen before and still stands today as the only one I'll watch, it was just so well put across and well-written.. MTV will do it absolutely no justice at all.

That seriously bugs me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I'll definitely give the American remake of Skins a watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

A remake of something like Skins coming from an American basic cable channel is absolutely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I read MTV bought the rights to make an American version of The Inbetweeners as well :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I read MTV bought the rights to make an American version of The Inbetweeners as well :eek:

Correct, they've already began casting for the pilot episode!! God, that will suck, there's no way they'll be able to use words like clunge and everything else fowl Jay use to say that was funny!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Teen Wolf should stay in the 80s and not be remade

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Wouldn't a live-action tv series of Teen Wolf just be Big Wolf On Campus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Is that supposed to be a joke? :confused:

There's no way that's the real trailer, surely? I was expecting something bad, but they literally ripped every scene nearly shot-for-shot and quoted word-for-word from the original, cast incredibly horrible actors, and apparently totally changed Jal-- she's a cheerleader now? Wtf?

God help us. Tony doesn't even have the right bedsheets.

No but seriously, that's not the real thing.. right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

H8GHOTI wrote: »

I'm looking forward to this. They'll take it and make it better.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm confused as to why those of us who've already seen The In-Betweeners would want or need a "better" (more Americanised) version, to be honest.

• Advertisement

No they won't, it will be the Big Bang Theory without the science jokes.

As for that Skins trailer - WHY?

Could they not just import the British one? Every actor in the American one looks like an idiot (especially American Sid :mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dude111 wrote: »
    Every remade movie IS A DISGUSTING P.C. PIECE OF CRAP!! (Compared to the original)

What about The Fly with Jeff Goldblum? It was far superior to the original.
    The PC crap in this country is out of control and insane!!

What does MTV remaking Skins and Teen Wolf have to do with PC crap or indeed this country? :confused:

Now I've never watched Skins, a bit after my time, but I looked at the American trailer there and it looks perfectly passable. There seems to be sex and drugs included so at least they haven't made it all clean and nicey-nice.

I know you think they all look like idiots Phasers but in any ads I saw for the original Skins the actors all kinda looked like idiots too. I thought that was part of the point?

AnonoBoy wrote: »

I know you think they all look like idiots Phasers but in any ads I saw for the original Skins the actors all kinda looked like idiots too. I thought that was part of the point?
    It's a different kind of idiot though. It's a overly polished, American, "I'm clearly in my mid twenties" kind of idiot.

Skins producer Bryan Elsley has promised that the upcoming US remake will be different from the British series.

MTV released the trailer for the American version last week but some fans of the show complained that it was too similar to the original show.

However, Elsley wrote on his Twitter page that he is planning to introduce new storylines for the remake.

"So: to be clear," he said. "The first series of Skins USA will start similar and get very different to the UK show. Walk first then run. We are about USA writers and USA stories. Most young people here have never seen Skins. It's for them really. Eventually it will be all new."

Elsley continued: "We're all nervous. Young writers need to grow and then take control of their own stories. We're making space for that. Try it, maybe?

"Finally, I hope I am old enough to take a bit of flak. It's fine. I am always just glad that people actually care."

The US remake of Skins is expected to begin in January on MTV.

Promo vid for Teen Wolf: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/teen-wolf-promo.html

^ it's TVD...with wolves! (ooh wait....TVD already has those :-) , girls are pretty hot though!

MTV's Skins kicks off this Monday...i was never a fan of the UK one, really not sure about this US take.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Starts tonight on MTV [US] with a further ep. tomorrow: http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a323153/teen-wolf-stands-out-through-sense-of-humour.html

I'm not sure but i *think* this might be the scripted hit MTV has been looking for...it might appeal to the tweeny Twilight/Vampires Diaries set.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/teen-wolf-preview-tyler-hoechlin/

^ first 8 mins is embedded above.

Advertisement