Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'THE MALL' TRIP, UK - SAT NOV 6TH 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

keep me a slot there. PM sent to Dobby! looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Will have confirmed pre-order prices for PYRO :D this week from lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

just to confirm 3 rats on the dub bus.
    paddy carroll
    niall toher
    barry mcnamee.
    cheers

paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

hey lads any news on the storyline and loadouts yet;)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

sup mofos! how are ye fixed for numbers, any room left?

• Advertisement

dwelby101 wrote: »
    sup mofos! how are ye fixed for numbers, any room left?

Dublin bus is full.

Carlow bus has 2/3 places left.

Friday is the last day if you want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭AtticRebel

can u go by yorself like?

AtticRebel wrote: »
    can u go by yorself like?

Yeah mate, some people are. You'll just need to give me your contact details and obviously pay for the site fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

so how many people in total are going 70 is it 35 a side oh lord!!!!

so how many people in total are going 70 is it 35 a side oh lord!!!!

Numbers will be finalised by the weekend, but its looking like a 3 way split ;), more to follow soon...

• Advertisement

Hmmm,

OK, I have pricing for PYRO...but it demands a bit of work between us...find below what LEE from first and only sent me...
    "These prices are for people who want to get a deal and pay for it up front before the event at a discount. Normal prices will apply on the day and we will have a normal quantity of stock (you guys used 3 weeks supply by 12pm last time). I can accept cheque, paypal or bank transfer and payment needs to reach us within 1 week of the event on 6th November."

Prices are...

MKIII Thunder flash
    Box 100 - £180 (£1.80 each) Approx. € 2.20 each
    Box 50 - £95 (£1.90 each)
    Approx. € 2.32 each
    Normal Prices on the day

10 for £10 (£2.00 each)
    Approx. € 2.44 each
    1 for £2.20 Approx. € 2.68 each

Thermobaric Grenade
    Box 50 - £130 (£2.60 each)
    Approx. € 3.17 each
    Box 20 - £58 (£2.90 each) Approx. € 3.54 each
    Normal prices on the day
    2 for £6.00 (£3.00 each)
    Approx. € 3.66 each
    1 for £3.50 Approx. € 4.27 each
    OK, so essentially the discounts aren't crazy but rather than having everyone turning up on the day and crawling over each other to get the amount of PYRO that they normally stock, those who can, should seriously think about pre-ordering.

I'll have a think about the logistics of it tomorrow but essentially it will probably involve...
    • Taking orders and payment before Friday 29th of October
    I'd nearly say from experience that we might not be able to guarantee any Pyro to be there for those who don't pre-order :rolleyes: Us Pyro-starved cretins do like our boom-boom:D

Anywho...i'm going to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Hey mate , order me a box of 50 Thermobaric grenades please.Do you want me to drop in €/euro or £/pounds sterling ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭pyro jim

my bank balance is telling me to feck off but my fingers just keep typing...

50 box of Thunder flashs and a 50 box of grenades please :D

gonna be a loud day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Vent13

This is going to be great! Place booked and paid for so bring it on!! At least i aint wearing a black suit and tie this time!! (although that was a great day over there too!!)

Charlie, stick me in for a box of 20 Thermobarics please ;)

Vent13

Vent13 wrote: »
    This is going to be great! Place booked and paid for so bring it on!! At least i aint wearing a black suit and tie this time!! (although that was a great day over there too!!)

Charlie, stick me in for a box of 20 Thermobarics please ;)

Vent13

Has Graham not told ye that ye are all wearing PVC 'Gimp' suits this time ? :D

pyro jim wrote: »
    my bank balance is telling me to feck off but my fingers just keep typing...

50 box of Thunder flashs and a 50 box of grenades please :D

gonna be a loud day :D

Dude, I hope that's for your team and not just yourself :D

Unless you are bringing a pack mule with you ;)

If I were you, i'd forget the Thunderflash's and go with the Thermo's. More Bang for your buck :eek:

TNTQ wrote: »
    Has Graham not told ye that ye are all wearing PVC 'Gimp' suits this time ? :D

Sure thats what we wear all the time? Can we not dress up this time then?????:eek:

Vent13 wrote: »
    Sure thats what we wear all the time? Can we not dress up this time then?????:eek:

Think ye will be 'Tigered' up this time

Think ye will be 'Tigered' up this time

Cool. I know u are prob sick of the question but any more detail on scenario/story line?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

shi*! did i miss it, any chance of 3 being able to book a place nearer the date?

• Advertisement

dwelby101 wrote: »
    shi*! did i miss it, any chance of 3 being able to book a place nearer the date?

No hope mate unless you come into me today or tomorrow with E60 each :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭pyro jim

Dude, I hope that's for your team and not just yourself :D

Unless you are bringing a pack mule with you ;)

If I were you, i'd forget the Thunderflash's and go with the Thermo's. More Bang for your buck :eek:

war-pack-mule-soldier.jpg

Will be me at the start of the day. Am... i'll let you know sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ego.emlyn

i a bit straped for monies so does anyone want to split a box of fifty thunderflashes

Think we need to chill out on the pyros, i have played there twice and have brought 5 thunder flashes and 2 themos which have done me for the days. So i am wondering why people want to buy 50 ????? you do relise that you can only use them for the day????

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

Think we need to chill out on the pyros, i have played there twice and have brought 5 thunder flashes and 2 themos which have done me for the days. So i am wondering why people want to buy 50 ????? you do relise that you can only use them for the day????
    yes but thats you the same group of lads that went with quality last time bought out there 3 week supply in half a day i can proudly say i helped:D;):p

I'd say the last 1/2 hour of the day will be a deafening spectacle when I make it clear to everyone that they CANNOT bring Pyro home with them...

Don't be scared by lads buying loads of PYRO, they don't know the scenario yet;)

roryk1 wrote: »
    yes but thats you the same group of lads that went with quality last time bought out there 3 week supply in half a day i can proudly say i helped:D;):p

yes i was there too still didn't need huge amounts of pyro.

Each to their own.Who is to say that a box of 50 is not being shared by 3 or 4 or even 5 players ?

Anyone any thoughts on Pyro effectiveness?

Primary thought from myself is...

All grenades must be announced...i.e. GRENADE OUT!!! FLASHBANG OUT!!

Thunderflashes = Stun Grenades
    • If you are inside a room when a stun grenade explodes then you are incapacitated for 10 seconds. During this time you can not shoot or move by your own free will.
    • During this time you 'Hit the Deck' and you can be captured or executed (safely)
    • Stun Grenades are largely ineffective in open areas / big rooms
    Thermobarics = Frag Grenades
    • If you are within 5 metres of an exploding grenade in an open area or large room - you are hit
    • If you are inside a room when a fragmentation grenade explodes then you are hit
    • The only way to get away from a frag genade is with hard cover or distance
    Anyone any ideas / suggestions?

• Advertisement

Announcing a grenade will cause problems.
    Announce it too early and the enemy have time to evac or take cover.
    Announce it too late and there is no point and there will be complaints.
    Just toss it in and wait for the bang.IMHO.
    The other rules sound good.

Advertisement