Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Student releases ****-list power-point

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Sweet. :pac:

Out of 100 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    And they wonder why the rate of suicide among young males is so high
    http://jezebel.com/5652114/college-girls-power-point-****-list-goes-viral-gallery
    I think your use of the term 'skanky whore' is a whole lot more objectionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

If it was a bloke that released this about women, the feminazis on here would be all over it.

But I bet they'd secretly want to be on that hitlist right? :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

prinz wrote: »
    You realise that not everyone wants details of the sex lives broadcast to the public, yes? Be it, transcripts and ratings or a live stream...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68285098&postcount=46

Not a whole lot of difference IMO tbh. I see no reason why she wouldn't be held responsible if one of the guys committed suicide over this, when the pair in that other thread were. Double standards based on the sexuality of those involved perhaps? It's a disgusting thing to do to anyone.

To be honest prinz, if you were right about this then it would literally be a
    crime to keep a diary, lest we think a personal thought, for fear that
    someone might find out what's in it and go and kill themself. Clearly the girl
    didn't publish this on purpose, it was leaked. Totally different from some
    ƒ'ing idiot filming his roommate because he wanted to catch him in the act
    of kissing another guy for the "fun" of it and then show this off to the
    world in an attempt at character assasination as well as invasion of privacy
    - "yay" was the word the ƒucker used. The crime there was invasion of
    privacy & publicizing it at most...

I'd like to know why supermodels can sell stories of their sexual encounters
    with football players to cheesy magazines but IF a girl publishes a sex
    diary, non-madonna style, it's terrible :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Ah well, if those guys had put in a better effort they would have scored better, their own fault! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Maybe I'd better destroy my old diaries, especially the one with the list. I was keeping them till I was 95 so that my great grandchildren could read them to me to help remind me I was once a goer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Woman has sex...it leaks to internet....woman is obviously slut and responsible for suicide somehow.

Got anything else you'd like to blame women for?

Seriously, this is getting fucking pathetic.

Skanky whore? I mean FFS! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,054 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

WindSock wrote: »
    There is a whole lot of difference. One was filmed and released on the net intentionally, the other was leaked on the net unintentionally, although I agree it was crass and silly to keep a diary like that in the first place. The gender and sexuality of any of the parties has feck all to do with it.

She should not have emailed it to anybody then if she did not want it online. Once she emailed it to 3 friends she has no control over what happens. She wanted it online but did not want to be responsible for it going everywhere.

If she wanted to show her friends and remain in control of the powerpoint all she had to do was show it to them on her computer and not emailing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Out of 100 :P

Biatch. :(
    Dudess wrote: »
    Of course, but this is one story and the OP makes that inflammatory remark - if the OP linked to a study which showed a largescale pattern of such behaviour, the comment might have some merit. Otherwise it's just drivel.

I wasn't really referring to the OP's comment, moreso the actual article. I'm coming at it from the same angle as you i.e. belittling someone and going into such detail while doing it is absolutely not on. Bang out of order tbh. I'd say the same about bunch of frat boys belittling a fat woman or whatever.
    It has been repeated a number of times that she didn't release it.

The fact that she didn't secure such information safely, away from such risks, is a damning indictment in itself. It would be like if I just left the information I picked up interviewing people with mental health problems just lying around: I would shoulder much of the blame for such information being leaked and rightfully so too. I have no sympathy for this woman whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

To be honest prinz, if you were right about this then it would literally be a
    crime to keep a diary, lest we think a personal thought, for fear that
    someone might find out what's in it and go and kill themself. Clearly the girl
    didn't publish this on purpose, it was leaked

"Leaked" by the people she had sent it on to, thereby making it public, yes? This is not a case of people finding her personal diary and making it public. She intentionally made her little edu-pack and sent it on to others. Her fault.

• Advertisement

There is a whole lot of difference. One was filmed and released on the net intentionally, the other was leaked on the net unintentionally.....

As has been mentioned above, if I share confidential information, business related, personal info etc, with x number of friends and they deide to publicise that info, the blame comes back to me for the initial breach of trust. It's a lesson professionals are often taught, not to discuss sensitive information even with spouses etc.... because these things have a nasty habit of spreading beyond our control.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Take home lesson, put in your best work every time gentlemen.

I personally am failing to see why so many people have sandy vag over this. It'll be forgotten about in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I guess Duke is the place to bring my "impressive instrument".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The most I can say about this is that it's the most boring thing I have ever laid eyes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

nudist wrote: »
    A diary that kills off people whose names are written in it...:pac:
    Got a... Light? </David Caruso>

McChubbin wrote: »
    Got a... Light? </David Caruso>

:cool: YEAAAHHHHH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A powerpoint presentation?

Who. Does. That!?

That's fúcked up tbh. Cold... very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Take home lesson, put in your best work every time gentlemen.

I personally am failing to see why so many people have sandy vag over this. It'll be forgotten about in a week.

+1! The internet is a very fickle place, even Boxxy is mostly forgotten by now!

I wonder how many people here have read the Tucker Max stories and thought awesome, but a girl does similar and it's a criminal offence!

It's just sex lads, and she's not on about you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    And they wonder why the rate of suicide among young males is so high
    http://jezebel.com/5652114/college-girls-power-point-****-list-goes-viral-gallery

The suicide rate among young males is high because life is pointless, not because some rancid, airheaded harlot rates them on some apparently arbitrary scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd sue if I was one of the lads.

I don't know why people are saying she didn't release it cause she gave it to three friends. She still distributed personal information which could be defamation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I don't know why people are saying she didn't release it cause she gave it to three friends. She still distributed personal information which could be defamation.

Won't stick in the States. They could probably do her for emotional distress or something. And she shared it with three friends. I do that with my fiction for feedback regularly. It's a world away from releasing it.

Millicent wrote: »
    It's a world away from releasing it.

I don't think it is. She distributed to three other people and didn't properly secure the information. She is still responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

Millicent wrote: »
    Won't stick in the States. They could probably do her for emotional distress or something. And she shared it with three friends. I do that with my fiction for feedback regularly. It's a world away from releasing it.
    Would it stick anywhere? It's a subjective scale based on her own personal likes/dislikes about sex. I wouldn't expect it would stick anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

That's ludicrous, I've talked about other people in a bad light in text (if they've wronged me) with friends before and it's got back to them, should I be done for defamation for telling my friends about a personal experience?

Just because it was written down doesn't mean she ever intended for it to get leaked; you don't know the relationship she may have had with those friends, she probably thought she could trust them and probably only sent it for a bit of a laugh.

I'm sure most of the guys here have discussed goings-on with the opposite sex with mates before in not-so-flattering terms. I see it all the time on Boards. I don't feel they should be done for defamation or emotional distress.

I agree writing it down in that particular format is a bit weird and a lot of the information could be hurtful to some men (and ego-boosting for others) but it doesn't mean she was at fault for it getting leaked. If that were the case then we should never say anything at all about anyone to our friends and keep everything to ourselves, "just in case," which is ridiculous.

I don't think it is. She distributed to three other people and didn't properly secure the information. She is still responsible.

But if a friend forwarded on my writing, and it was released on a wide scale, feasibly I'd have a case against them for stealing my intellectual property for their own distribution.

liah wrote: »
    Just because it was written down doesn't mean she ever intended for it to get leaked; you don't know the relationship she may have had with those friends, she probably thought she could trust them and probably only sent it for a bit of a laugh.

There's two issues. Legally there's no real come-back. She didn't technically break any laws that I am aware of. Morally and technically speaking yes she is at fault for the 'leak'.

It would be like a doctor discussing a patient with his/her spouse, the spouse goes and tells 5 others and so on. Basically you are saying it's not the fault of the doctor. Actually it is. The doc may never have intended for the info to become widely known, but divulging the info at all to the spouse is the primary breach of trust. Intent doesn't really come into it in a case like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

She should not have emailed it to anybody then if she did not want it online. Once she emailed it to 3 friends she has no control over what happens. She wanted it online but did not want to be responsible for it going everywhere.

If she wanted to show her friends and remain in control of the powerpoint all she had to do was show it to them on her computer and not emailing it.

She should not have, but did and it got out. Again, keyword here is INTENT.

Perhaps she has learned her lesson now that nothing is safe on electronic media.
    Tbh, this getting out is clearly far more damaging to her than anyone on the presentation.
    As has been mentioned above, if I share confidential information, business related, personal info etc, with x number of friends and they deide to publicise that info, the blame comes back to me for the initial breach of trust. It's a lesson professionals are often taught, not to discuss sensitive information even with spouses etc.... because these things have a nasty habit of spreading beyond our control.

Yep, and you have the cop on and the training on a professional level to know this. This girl clearly has neither.
    It is still uncompareable to the other issue as she did not intend to maliciously name and shame guys she was with over the net.
    If anything, her 'friend' whom she showed the info to in confidence that leaked it should be getting the harrasment. She deliberately made it public.

That's ludicrous, I've talked about other people in a bad light in text (if they've wronged me) with friends before and it's got back to them, should I be done for defamation

She is still responsible.

In Ireland, the burden would be on her to prove her statements are not false and that she isn't trying to lower a person in the eyes of society.

There's two issues. Legally there's no real come-back. She didn't technically break any laws that I am aware of. Morally and technically speaking yes she is at fault for the 'leak'.

It would be like a doctor discussing a patient with his/her spouse, the spouse goes and tells 5 others and so on. Basically you are saying it's not the fault of the doctor. Actually it is. The doc may never have intended for the info to become widely known, but divulging the info at all to the spouse is the primary breach of trust. Intent doesn't really come into it in a case like this.

There is no expectation of confidentiality in sexual encounters though. You can't mandate what people discuss in these instances. She chose to discuss it (fairly bizarrely) via Powerpoint with her friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

should I be done for defamation for telling my friends about a personal experience?
    Upon graduating, the author decided to pass on the wisdom she had learned, in thesis format. The subject: "An education beyond the classroom: excelling in the realm of horizontal academics."

I'd love it if this mock thesis format she has used came back to biter her in the ass. Legally it's most likely impossible but I'd love it if one of those lads brought a successful case against her over being unwittingly coaxed into a research piece.

At the end of the day, even though it wasn't for educational insititution, this woman collected very personal data on those lads without their consent.

It's like a sex tape being released that you did not know you were taking part in, except it's in written format.

Advertisement