Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Student releases ****-list power-point

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Social Disorder

McChubbin wrote: »
    Got a... Light? </>

A Light...Yagami?

Surely it should have been </L>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

That girl is my hero.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Legally it's most likely impossible but I'd love it if one of those lads brought a successful case against her over being unwittingly coaxed into a research piece.

At the end of the day, even though it wasn't for educational insititution, this woman collected very personal data on those lads without their consent.
    They're American college fraternity jocks, most of them members of the same couple of sports teams. She met up with most of them in the same couple of venues, usually while they were in each other's company. The sex seems to have happened mostly in the same couple of apartments, often in the same beds. Several of them suggested a threesome to her, and one suspects that if she had said yes, they would happily have gone on to suggest a team event! It's the culture of frats in some / most American colleges, and Duke is one of those particularly noted for it.

What do you bet that if she had thought of her "research project" in advance, and told them about it, that they would have thought it was a great lark?!

She would probably have had them offering to pose for more revealing pics tbh, and putting their best ... foot ... forward during the "research activities"!!

These are not shy, sensitive, easily embarrassed lads, it's not their culture. Think more like the two eejits putting on their nude breakdancing show in Temple Bar on Arthur's Day, the vid that's going the rounds at the moment, and you're nearer the mark.

I suspect a couple of those guys with low scores are a bit pissed off it got out, and the rest are using it as their chat-up line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

If a bloke did something like this I would think he was a loser.

She's just so sad and pathetic. It would have taken a while to put that together.

Doesn't she have anything better to do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What do you bet that if she had thought of her "research project" in advance, and told them about it, that they would have thought it was a great lark?!

I don't think the bloke who's appendage was referred to as "so disproportionately small" to his body would have seen it as a great lark, and I doubt he would have agreed to become some sort of guinea pig for a "research project" that would have caused him mass humiliation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So hang on,

Nobody killed themselves; and

A woman objectified a bunch of men and used them

Whats the story here? Is it just that she did it as a perverse research joke or did the OP actually hold the opinion that women were the only one that objectified the other sex? Trying to get blood out of a stone, imo.

If anything go ahead and read it to perhaps get a unique perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Dr. Zeus

Sadly, this thread is another example of the AH double standard in operation which I referred to in a previous thread. Some (not all) of the male posters can dish it out but can't take it. It's ok to objectify women constantly but heaven forbid they should do the same!

Fair play to MD for changing title and to those who reported it in the first instance. If a man had written the presentation in his question I am wondering what the OP would have used in place of "skanky whore".

Also, maybe it's time for a word to describe the male equivalent of "feminazi" as there is plenty of them about it would seem.

Meninazi perhaps? Doesn't have the same ring really:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Of course they should be kept out of a discussion such as this. Did she do anything illegal?
    Yes she did.

It's defamation of character and because it's so easy to do that with the internet, it's viewed pretty seriously. It's her intellectual property and although she didn't intend to show it to anyone beyond her 3 friends, she was the originator. I don't think anyone would like to sleep with a person, then find a description of themselves plastered on the internet about the disappointing size of their penis, all as part of a "research project". So the bloke she wrote that about could take her to court and she'll be properly ****ed by him this time :P

It's not a men vs women topic this. Not at all. Reverse the roles. Imagine this was a bloke writing about how he ****ed 13 girls and then compared their performance, breast size, what their vaginas looked like, how creative they were and then gave a grade. Unless you count the lads as thick as him, he wouldn't impress anyone with an IQ above 70. He'd be called an absolute disrespectful **** and it'd be a pretty accurate description too.

It comes down to this:
    If you want to be a slapper, by all means go for it! Your life, your business.

But don't share anyone elses business with the rest of the world.

I don't think the bloke who's appendage was referred to as "so disproportionately small" to his body would have seen it as a great lark, and I doubt he would have agreed to become some sort of guinea pig for a "research project" that would have caused him mass humiliation.
    This is the guy who she describes as "possessing a beautiful body and incredible confidence", who wanted her to talk dirty about how much she loved big black c*cks (even though he wasn't black) and who shagged her on the couch in the apartment of one of his former team-mates and her former partners?

Doesn't sound like he had much of a hang-up about his size, tbh.

Would he even have ruled himself out if he had known it was going to end up on the internet? Possibly / possibly not. But then it was never intended for the internet. It was an in-house joke that went out-house.

A silly, immature joke? Absolutely. But that's fraternity / sorority culture in a nutshell.

I wonder how many of these guys had little black books or charts on the back of the wardrobe door? I'd bet on some at least.

And certainly given the casual and pretty public way she seems to have done the rounds among them, you can guarantee that at least some of them were comparing notes about her too, in conversation or perhaps by text or email ... did they ever stop to think what would happen if such comments reached the internet at a viral level?

Does anyone, until it happens? Hindsight is 20 / 20.

Dr. Zeus wrote: »
    Sadly, this thread is another example of the AH double standard in operation which I referred to in a previous thread. Some (not all) of the male posters can dish it out but can't take it. It's ok to objectify women constantly but heaven forbid they should do the same!

I would agree about such double standards, but it's important not to use that as some generalisation here to dismiss such behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I dunno, I found it interesting and a good read anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Overheal wrote: »
    So hang on,

Nobody killed themselves; and

A woman objectified a bunch of men and used them

Whats the story here? Is it just that she did it as a perverse research joke or did the OP actually hold the opinion that women were the only one that objectified the other sex? Trying to get blood out of a stone, imo.

If anything go ahead and read it to perhaps get a unique perspective.

I still don't get what the big deal is meself.

Secondly, given the way its written, I'm not even convinced its genuine. When women start analysing sex and sex partners, the detail tends to be a lot more forensic than that. It goes on about dick size a lot, yet oddly skips over the detail of what they do with it, or what they were good at - no oral vs penetrative and that kind of thing. It just seems a bit "off" to me.

This is the guy who she describes as "possessing a beautiful body and incredible confidence", who wanted her to talk dirty about how much she loved big black c*cks (even though he wasn't black) and who shagged her on the couch in the apartment of one of his former team-mates and her former partners?

So he's a clown, doesn't mean deserves such mass ridicule over something so personal.
    Doesn't sound like he had much of a hang-up about his size, tbh.

Within the context of thinking it's just him and her, maybe not. Within the context of everyone knowing his size downstairs? Whole different story tbh.
    Would he even have ruled himself out if he had known it was going to end up on the internet? Possibly / possibly not. But then it was never intended for the internet. It was an in-house joke that went out-house.

She took the risk by sharing it with her friends. She doesn't get a free pass because her "trust" was abused by one of her friends. Obviously she didn't care much for keeping it in house since she passed copies on. Why not just have it on one memory disk and invite people around to view it?
    A silly, immature joke? Absolutely. But that's fraternity / sorority culture in a nutshell.

Undoubtedly, as I said earlier on, I would show the same level of disdain for frat boys who humiliate the fat girl or whatever.
    I wonder how many of these guys had little black books or charts on the back of the wardrobe door? I'd bet on some at least.

Bad form as I've already pointed out, but at least their black boots haven't reached a mass audience.
    And certainly given the casual and pretty public way she seems to have done the rounds among them, you can guarantee that at least some of them were comparing notes about her too, in conversation or perhaps by text or email ... did they ever stop to think what would happen if such comments reached the internet at a viral level?

Them being clowns does not excuse the clownish behaviour of another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Nodin wrote: »

Secondly, given the way its written, I'm not even convinced its genuine. When women start analysing sex and sex partners, the detail tends to be a lot more forensic than that. It goes on about dick size a lot, yet oddly skips over the detail of what they do with it, or what they were good at - no oral vs penetrative and that kind of thing. It just seems a bit "off" to me.

In other words the author wasn't anal enough for your tastes with regard
    to her analyses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

to her analyses?

Probably written by a dude TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wagon wrote: »
    Reverse the roles. Imagine this was a bloke writing about how he ****ed 13 girls and then compared their performance, breast size, what their vaginas looked like, how creative they were and then gave a grade. Unless you count the lads as thick as him, he wouldn't impress anyone with an IQ above 70. He'd be called an absolute disrespectful **** and it'd be a pretty accurate description too.
    If he kept such a diary for himself, I'd think he has issues and needs to grow up. If he shared it with friends, I would think he was being extremely unfair. My thoughts on the girl are exactly the same. I don't just disagree with discussion of named sexual partners' inadequacies, I disagree in general with discussing your sex life with others (when they know who you're talking about) without the partner's consent. Even if it's not negative stuff, it's still private.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nodin wrote: »

I take it you've been forensically analyzed? :pac:

to her analyses?

No, it just doesn't read like anything on the subject I've read written by women. I understand how you might get the "anal" idea though, given your own ****ty outlook.
    mikom wrote:
    Probably written by a dude TBH.

....the thought crossed me mind as well.

Overheal wrote: »
    I take it you've been forensically analyzed? :pac:

We all have my son, most of us are just fortunate not to have heard it.

So he's a clown, doesn't mean deserves such mass ridicule over something so personal.
    No, I never argued that he deserved it, but I would argue that this is being blown out of proportion.
    She took the risk by sharing it with her friends.
    True, and she should have had more sense.
    Bad form as I've already pointed out, but at least their black boots haven't reached a mass audience.
    Yet. So because they haven't gotten out yet, are they less culpable?

Look ... I am not saying this is admirable or laudable, I am simply suggesting that a bit of perspective is needed.

This is a story of a bunch of fraternity sports jocks and their groupies, the story of one groupie in particular and of how they cheerfully, casually and pretty publicly (within their own milieu) used her for sex just as she used them, and of how a couple of them have now ended up with egg on their face as a result.

No-one was raped, no-one was assaulted, no-one was forced, they all enjoyed themselves by the sounds of it. Unfortunately, through an error of judgement, the story got out and hit the internet. Some embarrassment may ensue, temporarily. It will all be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

Every day there are rapes, date-rapes, sexual assaults ... mostly on women, but on men too. THAT is serious stuff, and deserves to be treated seriously and get long hotly-debated threads on Boards.

Every day people get bullied, and personal information is deliberately and maliciously released by the bullies to their peer group and even on the net. THAT is serious stuff, and deserves to be treated seriously and get long hotly-debated threads on Boards.

This is the story of a bunch of horny guys and the girl who used them for physical pleasure as cheerfully as they used her.

Can I feel slight sympathy for those who didn't rate on her size scale, and may feel embarrassed as a result?

Yes, some.

Do they all need to grow up?

Yes, without a doubt.

Do I think this rates as a big deal in the overall scheme of things?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't just disagree with discussion of named sexual partners' inadequacies, I disagree in general with discussing your sex life with others (when they know who you're talking about) without the partner's consent. Even if it's not negative stuff, it's still private.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

I think some people are falling over themselves trying to be as "liberal" as possible. There've been lots of other threads around here, where the overwhelming consensus was that if you and I were to start a relationship, your previous sexual history is none of my business (not sure I fully agree, but that's not relevant). What we're talking about here is a third party deciding that your sexual history is my business. Despicable behaviour.

Also, she's made public far more of her own sexual history than that of the guys she "hooked up" with. Leaving aside what's in that history, the fact that she'd do so will follow her forever. How many people google the person they've started dating?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Wagon wrote: »
    It's not a men vs women topic this. Not at all. Reverse the roles. Imagine this was a bloke writing about how he ****ed 13 girls and then compared their performance, breast size, what their vaginas looked like, how creative they were and then gave a grade.

If you want to be a slapper, by all means go for it! Your life, your business.

Never heard of locker room talk?! Or pull a pig competitions? Looks like this girl is doing a just desserts to the type of males that have been having a laugh at women's expense for years.

I found her "thesis" to be very clever, articulate, interesting and hilarious. Really fair play to her for evening the playing field.

I can't even count the amount of times that I've read "It'd be like throwing a sausage down O Connell street" on this forum in relation to a vagina. So yeah, it happens.

And as for calling her a slapper... Seriously? Wow.

The double standards in here are ridiculous!

This is a story of a bunch of fraternity sports jocks and their groupies, the story of one groupie in particular and of how they cheerfully, casually and pretty publicly (within their own milieu) used her for sex just as she used them, and of how a couple of them have now ended up with egg on their face as a result.

You're focusing on this one specific incident rather than looking at a wider picture. What if it happened to someone who wasn't a douchey jock? What if it happened to someone who they only thing he did wrong was put his trust in someone?
    No-one was raped, no-one was assaulted, no-one was forced, they all enjoyed themselves by the sounds of it.

It's pretty unfair to compare one act, to another act, and try to lessen one act in comparison to the other. Is it as serious as rape? Nope. But it's still something that could cause a lot of lads significant mental scarring.

And I think the aftermath would somehow have diminished whatever enjoyment they got out of it.
    Unfortunately, through an error of judgement, the story got out and hit the internet. Some embarrassment may ensue, temporarily. It will all be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

Forgotten by the internet? Yeah. But people who would be close enough to the incident? I don't think so. Like when something bad happens to a lad or lady and it gets around the local community, it's never really forgotten.
    Every day there are rapes, date-rapes, sexual assaults ... mostly on women, but on men too. THAT is serious stuff, and deserves to be treated seriously and get long hotly-debated threads on Boards.

Do you not understand how much this type of thing can emasculate a bloke? In a world where the media and society measures the worth of a man by the size of his appendage, this sort of thing is very serious. Read up on it Randy, it's been widely researched in the social sciences.
    This is the story of a bunch of horny guys and the girl who used them for physical pleasure as cheerfully as they used her.

It won't always be a case of that though. As I already said, it could happen to a bloke who the only bad thing he did was to put too much trust in someone.
    Do I think this rates as a big deal in the overall scheme of things?

For me, it does. ;) Wider picture and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

You're focusing on this one specific incident rather than looking at a wider picture.
    You're right, I am ... because that is what this thread is about.
    What if it happened to someone who wasn't a douchey jock? What if it happened to someone who they only thing he did wrong was put his trust in someone?

Do you not understand how much this type of thing can emasculate a bloke? In a world where the media and society measures the worth of a man by the size of his appendage, this sort of thing is very serious. Read up on it Randy, it's been widely researched in the social sciences.

It won't always be a case of that though. As I already said, it could happen to a bloke who the only bad thing he did was to put too much trust in someone.
    If this had happened to a couple of shy, sensitive lads from some Irish or indeed American university who would normally avoid the public eye on all aspects of their life, I would be a lot more sympathetic.

That's not the case though.

What we're dealing with here is the American fraternity / sports jock culture. It's an extreme, almost aberrant, form of "student" culture (and I'm using the word "culture" very much in the social sciences sense, there's nothing terribly cultured about it in the vernacular sense!)

That this series of incidents took place in the first place, and more importantly, *how* they took place, is a product of that culture. Read back over the diary, for want of a better word, for the strong hints it contains as to the culture these guys (and their groupies) inhabit(ed).

The way in which this was recorded, even if only intended for the amusement of a couple of friends, is a product of that culture.

Perhaps even the fact that it got out is linked to that culture? ... though I deliberately ask that as a question, rather than making it a statement.

Advertisement