Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Couldn't have articulated it better myself.

Nor I - agree 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

:cool:
    Barname wrote: »
    I am on record here and otherwise for slating Charlie Bird, however, IMO he did a way better job than MF at hosting that show, I was getting to enjoy the show, I noted that he allowed people to talk for extended periods, not the usual RTE attitude where the 'star' has to speak every 30 seconds....

Maybe MF is for the Birds hence one making a Charlie of himself with no expectation of thanks from the supreme being. In fairness to the Bird he has had his own Amazonian experience.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

:cool:

Maybe MF is for the Birds hence one making a Charlie of himself with no expectation of thanks from the supreme being. In fairness to the Bird he has had his own Amazonian experience.........

Not forgetting his tour of duty in Washington, I'd say the printer incident still haunts him to this day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Poly wrote: »
    Not forgetting his tour of duty in Washington, I'd say the printer incident still haunts him to this day!

Oh still traumatised over that printer ... hope he got councelling so he can find 'closure' :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

I wonder will Marian cover Pat Kennys latest comments....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

'wheeeeeeeeeeeere
    whaaaaaaaaaaat
    whooooooooooooooooo

AnglOOO

what the heck was going on'

jaysus... Marian is only now waking up the the problem with Anglo, no longer a cheerleader for Seanie are we Marian?

500k for this amateur dramatics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Barname wrote: »
    I wonder will Marian cover Pat Kennys latest comments....

Just reading that! :eek: I've posted it in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Marion there giving out about how the government arent careful enough with their millions... They are not very careful about getting value for money for their 1/2 millions either Marion.

Sh1te show so far. Bring back Charlie

Marion now covering competitivenes and wage rates, oh the ironing.

• Advertisement

ahhhhh, slept it out ffs.... That was an awful boring interview with that posh Irish lad...

lol, Mick O'Leary is hilarious..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Thought the interview with the Rugby Ref was interesting. It was rather ironic to hear the Glen Dimplex man giving the example of Marian working for EUR10 per hour ... I nearly fell into my Weetabix! But aside from that he is an interesting man to listen to but I wonder why Marian didn't ask him about co executives getting huge bonus & exit payments & pension packages when he is so concerned with workers getting redundancy payments.
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I listened to this show today, what a load of ****e. this woman is a national disgrace. Ahe had the head guy from Glen Dimplex on, and kept harping on to him about wages etc, when its obvious to the dogs in the street, we are in competition, whether we like it or not with other countries. Just telling ourselves we are worth big money does not mean we are worth it. If it wasnt for people like her, with their ridiculously high wages and out moded leftie outlook the country might be in a better place . Despite what people like here think, The Market will always win out, you cannot buck it !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Listening to Finnucane is like listening to a personification of The Sunday Independent. She's waaaay too fúckin' "cool" for my liking, "cool" being a synonym of shallow, superficial, supercilious and, of course, anglocentric.

Has that woman ever, ever, ever given an example of something happening outside Ireland that happened beyond Britain? She's an embarrassment, a hark back to the days of "all roads lead to Mother England".

The number of times she bases a large segment of her show on an article in that rag, The Sunday Independent, is cringe worthy. To think that yoke is paid so much of our taxes for this tabloid shíte is immoral. Fúcking immoral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:rolleyes:

What would you prefer, riveting articles from An Pobhlact?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Listening to Finnucane is like listening to a personification of The Sunday Independent. She's waaaay too fúckin' "cool" for my liking, "cool" being a synonym of shallow, superficial, supercilious and, of course, anglocentric.

Has that woman ever, ever, ever given an example of something happening outside Ireland that happened beyond Britain? She's an embarrassment, a hark back to the days of "all roads lead to Mother England".

The number of times she bases a large segment of her show on an article in that rag, The Sunday Independent, is cringe worthy. To think that yoke is paid so much of our taxes for this tabloid shíte is immoral. Fúcking immoral.

She's probably on retainer with the indo what a joke ........

I have to laugh at Rebelheart, using his anti-British prejudice to have a go at Maid Marian via the Sindo. Knowing what I do about her I suspect she only ever looks at that if there is a free copy in the RTE canteen. She's defintely an Irish Times/Sunday Business Post sort of woman.

mike65 wrote: »
    I have to laugh at Rebelheart, using his anti-British prejudice to have a go at Maid Marian via the Sindo.

Fight, fight, fight... :D

I found it ironic that Marion should go out of her way to attack waste in the public services, when she herself is the epitome of waste in the public services...

:rolleyes:
    What would you prefer, riveting articles from An Pobhlact?

It says so much about your intelligence that you drew that conclusion (and it's An Phoblacht). How about an acknowledgement that there are things which happen in, let's see ... France ... Germany ... China ....

All of which could make material for a programme. Finucane can only manage to talk about events which happen in a single foreign country, Britain. Why? Because she, and her programme researchers, are lazy. They provide a yellow pack service, merely glancing at English-language newspapers and lead stories there when they decide upon their stories each week. This evidently suits your politics. It adds nothing to my knowledge of each week. If, for instance, the conversation is about comparative health systems I want to know how the French manage their health system; if it's about the interaction between local government and democracy, I'd like an examination of the Swiss canton system to be included; if it's about international opinion on something Irish I'd like to hear the views of non-anglophone countries. And so on. That this offends you is your problem.

Open your mind.

mike65 wrote: »
    I have to laugh at Rebelheart, using his anti-British prejudice to have a go at Maid Marian via the Sindo.

Having contributed an astonishing 58,731 posts (under the name Mike65) to Boards.ie it's a wonder you have time to laugh.

• Advertisement

oh and one more thing.. When she alluded to the fact that Willie O'Dea got a great response from the audience.. I thought at least one of the panel member would have mentioned that the audience was loaded... From the responses of the audience through the interviews of

i) Bertie Ahern (.. crowd were only short of carry him out of the place on their shoulders)

ii) Enda Kenny (.. they heckled him after he had refused to be more specific on a fairly innocuous question about going in to government with Sinn Fein)

iii) Willie O'Dea (.. cheered warmly for him throughout, even though the man signed a false affidavit while Minister For Defence)

... I think it needs to be acknowledged in any objective discussion of these interviews, that the LLS audience is generally packed full of FF heads (as well as a FF host).. And for Marion to ascertain that the warmth of the LLS audience towards O'Dea can be taken as a reliable barometer for the feelings of the public at large is very foolish.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

She sounds like Brian Cowen this morning.

I'd say she was very happy the Fry interview was recorded.

ha! beat me to it, she is ready to exhale, or expire.

Anyone know what her prefered ciggy is? Something French and untipped I'd say.

Yeah ridiculously bad this morning... She should have given them up years ago...

EDIT: Jesus she sounds like she's having a stroke. I wonder is she actually okay, or has she been off for a reason?

Okay she's talking to a chicken now.. Time to bring in the men in the white coats, before she start running round the studio with a butterfly net..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Having contributed an astonishing 58,731 posts (under the name Mike65) to Boards.ie it's a wonder you have time to laugh.

Doesn't mask the truth in his post though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭GoldenEarring

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    She coughed and spluttered so often last year too. Regularly sounds like she has a bad chest infection.
    How many hours does Marian work a week including researching and preparing? How much does it work out per hour?

How many times per programme does she say " I gather.."?

It always annoys me the way she glosses over negative items about the government/RTE and ignores convincing arguments, yet allows pro government speakers to ramble on uninterrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭GSF

Is that Batt O'Keffe saying Cowen showed great foresight in his career? WTF!:eek:

• Advertisement

Yeah but Marian you smoke so many you always sound congested! Don't matter when you turn in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement