Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

GSF wrote: »
    Is that Batt O'Keffe saying Cowen showed great foresight in his career? WTF!:eek:

Absolutely ridiculous... In Freefall, Olivia O'Leary questioned Cowan on the policy of allowing people to get 120% mortgages.. and he gave his usual rhetoric "If people want to buy houses I cant stop them"....

The crashing of cups always makes me visualise the studio as akin to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party...

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

Batt O'Keefe once again tries to the defend the RCC cult and brush their crimes against humanity under the mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭GSF

I had to turn this off after 10 minutes. The level of stupidity from the panel & the spluttering host was doing my head in.

I have to say though, the amount of personal insults that Cowan has to endure is ridiculous... imagine what his kids have to put up with in school every day.. It's not right, cowardly journalists should be brought to order. Attack him over the issues certainly, but not over his appearance..

How about this.. How come Marion is allowed to criticise Cowan for having a few pints before giving an interview, when she herself smokes like a chimney leaving her unable to speak for her radio show... kind of ironic really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

I have to say though, the amount of personal insults that Cowan has to endure is ridiculous... imagine what his kids have to put up with in school every day.. It's not right, cowardly journalists should be brought to order. Attack him over the issues certainly, but not over his appearance..

Clowen deserves everything that is thrown at him at this stage with his arrogance/stupidity to carry on in this fashion in the first place. We are his employers and not very happy with his performance and feeling again let down by him not taking his job seruously. He deserve a reprimand, another verbal warning and ultimately a P45. Is he having a laugh or what ?

In some ways this CowenGate II suits the FF crowd of gangsters and their developer/banker mates. It keeps the real stories that have far more relevance for the population out of the news-cycle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

How about this.. How come Marion is allowed to criticise Cowan for having a few pints before giving an interview, when she herself smokes like a chimney leaving her unable to speak for her radio show... kind of ironic really

What :confused::confused::confused:

She never shuts up :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you not listening to that, Rabbit.. ? She must have had the full 80 yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Only caught bits of today's programme. I heard lots of coughing all right.
    Thought I was listening to Marc Coleman for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yeah I was thinking that myself yesterday. She did mention she had the flu. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GotBainne?

Listened to Marian this morning, it was disgusting, talk about a FF love in. She had some cheek slagging off Simon Coveney by saying that "as a senior politician you are meant to put the country first" when she did have such strong words for Brain Cowen.

We pay her salary, this is unacceptable broadcasting, she should be taken off the air.

The panel should move into the 21st century, people using social media tools, tut tut ....will they ever get in touch with modern society.

I was down in the supermarket and a lot of the newpapers were running the story about "Lenihan ready to take over if required" type headlines.. How come she didnt mention this, this morning.. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I was down in the supermarket and a lot of the newpapers were running the story about "Lenihan ready to take over if required" type headlines.. How come she didnt mention this, this morning.. ??

I wondered about that too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Marion FFinucane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭donaghs

She's attached to the establishment with golden handcuffs and cant afford to, or doesnt want to rock the boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Barname wrote: »
    Marion FFinucane

ah for jaysus sake, not this sh1te again!

why don't you just list all the presenters on RTE and put FF in their names...don't worry about anything to back your theories up mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

FFubridy doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Yesterday`s show was very poor .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

rebeve wrote: »
    Yesterday`s show was very poor .

Unlike Finucane.

To think she earns more than Cowen is bewildering. How many people in this country would like Cowen's job? (certainly not the opposition leaders); how many would like Finucane handful of hours?

Has RTÉ, usually in the shape of Kevin Dawson, ever offered a serious, credible reason why any presenter on RTÉ is paid more than €100,000 per annum?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I stopped listening to her programme ages ago. It's terrible. Dull and snobby rubbish. Her salary is not justified as well. She basically sits there and chairmans a chat on Sunday mornings. Who in their right mind gave her such a ridiculous wage.

People should stop listening to it if they don't like her or the programme.

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    ah for jaysus sake, not this sh1te again!

why don't you just list all the presenters on RTE and put FF in their names...don't worry about anything to back your theories up mind.

Ably assisting the rebirth of the 'retracting untruthful statements' Willie O'Dea

roight.....

I rest my case.

(unless the phlegm splutterer pins him)

*Marion FFinucane: 'So Willy, lets talk about the Court case'

*Willie:'thats in the past, I dont want to talk about that'

*Marion FFinucane: 'OK, lets engage in some petty parochial sneering at FG and Labour'

and MF proceeds to roll off some of Willies famous jibes...

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGreat work Marion. FFinucane confirmed.

*(abridged version, not actual words used)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

And furthermore "...when you lost your job..." repeated an nauseum - since when is he unemployed? He's still a TD isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

my goodness...are all the interviewers on RTE members of the FF Party??

Lite Lite Show the other week, Marion FFinucane this week

Wee Willie is positioning himself to be Europes next Napoleon, Willie V2.0

Very bitter with Cowen, Wee Willie will have no issue drawing the dagger...

(if you or I had committed the act that Wee Willie did, we would be in JAIL)

To be fair lads, she did have a right go at him about buying the last election..

My god, that pompous idiot bored me to death. Let his wife and six kids and thinks he's a great lad..

Any coverage of Diarmuid Gavin lads? havent heard it mentioned... Marion's cough still as bad as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Been kind of out of touch for a few days, what about Diarmuid Gavin?

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Been kind of out of touch for a few days, what about Diarmuid Gavin?

check him out on the Late Late Show... on the Player.. www.rte.ie/player
    He was on the show to promote his book, but ended up going on this long winded, disjointed, rambling rant ... looked like he was gonna have a breakdown at one stage...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement