Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Zyxel Router or connection (Eircom)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭anto2009

I don't see why anyone would have to bite the bullet and buy there own router if Eircom knows about this thread they would also know alot of people are really anoyed over this router and they should send out a replacement router [ not a zyxel one] , your paying them for a service but your not getting the full service, they will still charge you for the downtime even thou its the bad routers that are the problem[there fault

i for one would not bite the bullet i am with a different provider my net has went a few time not many and i have made sure i did not pay the full bill

eircom get your act together and sort this out before costumers start going else where. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭illingworth22

cpu.dude wrote: »

What is the modle number of the eircom router?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Magror

My two teenagers have been complaining about the xbox disconnecting. I have the Eircom/Zyxel deal. Anyway they said it was cutting out every half hour. I read through this thread and I think I have solved the problem. I logged into the router and the authentification timeout was set at 1800 seconds (exactly a half hour) I increased this to as much as I could 9999 seconds and so far it has not disconnected.

Magror wrote: »
    My two teenagers have been complaining about the xbox disconnecting. I have the Eircom/Zyxel deal. Anyway they said it was cutting out every half hour. I read through this thread and I think I have solved the problem. I logged into the router and the authentification timeout was set at 1800 seconds (exactly a half hour) I increased this to as much as I could 9999 seconds and so far it has not disconnected.

just change the settings too so far so good thanks for the tip :)

That solution seems to be working. There have been no disconnections since I changed the authentication setting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Sorry might seem like a really silly question for some but where do you go or what do you do to change the Authentication Time-out settings.

Am having very similar problem @ Perlico Dis-connectivity Thread.

Sorry might seem like a really silly question for some but where do you go or what do you do to change the Authentication Time-out settings.

Am having very similar problem @ Perlico Dis-connectivity Thread.

hi log into your router click on network then Wireless LAN you will see
    ReAuthentication Timer (In Seconds)Idle Timeout (In Seconds)

How/where do you log into Router?

Click Start and then click My Network places (depending on what platform you have) and you should see your router. Click on the router and it will prompt you for your password. If you don't have your password check your manual or your ISP. Once you are in there should be an area for your wireless LAN which has a field for authentication settings.

What I'm in at the minute is Zyxel Inter/Wireless Set-up Wizard.

The Fields / Options to edit are; - Network Name, Channel Selection, Security, and WPA key ....

Don't see anything about Authentication. If I were to change or edit stuff in any of these fields it seems I just hit Apply to apply the changes and that's it. I don't see anything about Settings or time or anything ....

I think I got into some sort of Settings before as another Poster in other Thread had suggested changing channels, but I didn't have to go through setting up a Wizard. I think I just got straight into details and stats on it.

• Advertisement

hi log into your router click on network on left hand side then click Wireless LAN you will see in the centre of the page
    ReAuthentication Timer (In Seconds)
    Idle Timeout (In Seconds)

What I'm in at the minute is Zyxel Inter/Wireless Set-up Wizard.

The Fields / Options to edit are; - Network Name, Channel Selection, Security, and WPA key ....

Don't see anything about Authentication. If I were to change or edit stuff in any of these fields it seems I just hit Apply to apply the changes and that's it. I don't see anything about Settings or time or anything ....

I think I got into some sort of Settings before as another Poster in other Thread had suggested changing channels, but I didn't have to go through setting up a Wizard. I think I just got straight into details and stats on it.

I don't think you should be in the setup wizard at all. Did you access your router from the network places/connections window?

Am in Advanced Set-up now.

Under Network category, WAN sub-category, has max idle time-out listed at 100seconds.

Wireless LAN sub-category, under Security Heading has ReAuthentication Timer listed at 1800 (in seconds.)
    Idle Timeout is 3600 (in seconds.)
    Group key update Timer is at 1800 (in seconds.)

Under Network side-tab under WAN Heading, max idle time-out is at 100seconds.

Under Wireless LAN side-tab, under Security Heading ReAuthentication Timer is at 1800 (in seconds.)

thats it change ReAuthentication Timer to 9999
    and Idle Timeout to 9999

after i changed these no time outs when i'm on the ps3, girlfriend on her laptop, and her mam on the pc

Under Network side-tab under WAN Heading, max idle time-out is at 100seconds.

Under Wireless LAN side-tab, under Security Heading ReAuthentication Timer is at 1800 (in seconds.)

OK what I did was change the 1800 (in the re-authentication) to 9999 seconds. It might also work if you get rid of the 1800 and not replace it with anything. BTW I am not a technical expert so I do not take any responsibility if bad things happen as a result of the change. It is just that since I made the change the wireless has not disconnected once and I have very happy teenagers.

Okay have changed those two. What is the Group Key Update Timer which is also at 1800 (in seconds.) :confused:

Okay if I an recall last time-out was at 19.09 so let's see if there's a Time-out at 19.49 19 minutes from now. :)

Okay have changed those two. What is the Group Key Update Timer which is also at 1800 (in seconds.) :confused:

Okay if I an recall last time-out was at 19.09 so let's see if there's a Time-out at 19.49 19 minutes from now. :)

Fingers crossed.

from zyxel website
    Product: P-2602HW-D1A

When using WPA, it will need the reauthentication timer to authenticate between AP and Wireless client dynamically. In our device, the reauthentication timer is set to be 1800s by default via WEB GUI, and the max timer value is 9999. When timer runs out, the wireless connection may drop for one or two seconds. When we use WPA in sending and receiving email, it's sustainable. If we set the value to be 0, it equals to be the static WEP.

Okay well so far so good!! Please God let this be the answer! No time-out yet yayyyyy!! Will try keep track next couple of hours and over next few days and see how things go. If there is any problems at least I know to change back the two settings to their original times.

I will be absolutely thrilled if this works! I've wrote endlessly on loads of Forums but no-one seems to know anything about it or is familiar with it. There is another girl that I know that has Perlico and ZyXel Router and the same thing happens to her too every half-hour.

I'm so sick and tired of it. Have a few tabs open and am using them and working away and every half-hour when the connection goes every tab/website goes grey/white and I have to re-load / re-fresh absolutely everything again. It's a major un-necessary pain. Am so sick of it every half an hour ....:(

Hopefully I won't be "going grey before my time" lol if this solution works! Fingers crossed! :D:)

:) happy it is working for you too thanks to orignal poster of this :)

• Advertisement

Awww it's just timed out on me Grrrrrrrr!! Bugger on it anyways! I'm so bummed! Wanna cry! :rolleyes: I had a good feeling about this too. :( Oh well hopefully will find some way if I keep trying! This time would be 20.10 or so now at the moment. I recall it timed out at 19.09, it probably missed out the 19.39 timeout or I didn't notice it as I would have been messing about with the Router around then, and the next subsequent time-out would be 20.09/20.10. So looks like we're back on track with the time-outs. Might try putting it to 0 maybe just to see .....

I can't get back into it now to edit the seconds. It just lists the Model Number and Status at the side where it had Categories such as Network etc. I can't get into Network now. :(

Thats a pity, confused. Just to say I only changed the reauthentication timer to 9999. I left the idle timeout and the group key update unchanged. Another thing I did was to change the Network/NAT/Max Nat from 512 to 2048. Dunno if that would make a difference. If your wireless signal is going every 30 mins though it is hard not to see that being related to the timeout settings.:confused:

Yeah I'd say it has to be alright when it times out every half-hour, but I can't get back into where ya change the settings at all now. When I log into ZyXel, it brings me to a Status screen, showing Device Status, Interface Status, and System Status, and I can't go anywhere from this Status screen.

Actually I might just hit Reset on the Router Modem, that just might bring me back to before I changed the Settings.

My Modem Model is P-660HW-T1 v2, and I downloaded v3 to see would that help in any way, but I couldn't even download it, as an odd time things ya download don't open and install correctly, I don't know if that is because they install as Zip Folders or need extracting or whatever but when I go to open the folder after installing it, it just shows a load of gobbledy-gook lol files that don't open correctly without extensions or whatever they need so I can't even install v3 now to see would that help. :(

My Modem Model is P-660HW-T1 v2, and I downloaded v3 to see would that help in any way, but I couldn't even download it, as an odd time things ya download don't open and install correctly, I don't know if that is because they install as Zip Folders or need extracting or whatever but when I go to open the folder after installing it, it just shows a load of gobbledy-gook lol files that don't open correctly without extensions or whatever they need so I can't even install v3 now to see would that help. :(

you need to extract the folder using winrar can you see this?

D5UJgOyd.jpeg

ZyXelScreenshot1.jpg

That's what Router is at when I log in now. If I could get it back to the main page with all the Settings like it was as at yesterday before I edited the 2 Time/Seconds Fields I might try edit just 1 of the Seconds fields, and leave the other 1 at its' default, and see will that work.

I will download Winrar in a bit and see can I download and Install v3.

Thanks so much for all your help.

hi can u click where p-660hw is on the left hand side and see if the menu will drop down,

just a side note i disconnected my Zyxel router got a netgear dg834g and it works better than the Zyxel one no time outs got this router for €20 on adverts.ie

Sorry I meant to add in there, I can hover over and click where it gives the model P number but it just refreshes/reloads back to that exact same Status Page again.

I won't be able to change the Router unfortunately.

I must try that Winrar thingy now in a minute and see. Thanks again.

What's Winrar or where do I find it? Do yo have a link?

• Advertisement

Sorry I meant to add in there, I can hover over and click where it gives the model P number but it just refreshes/reloads back to that exact same Status Page again.

I won't be able to change the Router unfortunately.

I must try that Winrar thingy now in a minute and see. Thanks again.

what about the spanner on the top right hand side? i know this is for digiweb but it might help http://support.digiweb.ie/questions/3771/Wireless+Setup+-+ZyXEL+P-660HW-T1

Advertisement