Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the worst thing you have ever seen in real life?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭drusk

An IDF soldier shoot a young boy in Gaza. A group of kids had been throwing rocks at an APC and a soldier in it opened fire on them. One of the kids was riddled with bullets in front of me. I was in a doorway just behind the kids. I took pictures but had the film taken off me at a traffic stop a few days later. Just coincidence regarding that.

F*cking Hell...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Doublin

Around 12 years ago a friend wasting away and died in hospital from HIV+ & TB, a heroin addict. He was late teens, changed my outlook on life alot. Affected me in many ways, good & bad..

Found my uncle after he had a heart attack and died; I was very close to him even if he never liked having anyone close to him, he liked/tolerated me in his own way. Unique man who in my head I still refer things to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

An IDF soldier shoot a young boy in Gaza. A group of kids had been throwing rocks at an APC and a soldier in it opened fire on them. One of the kids was riddled with bullets in front of me. I was in a doorway just behind the kids. I took pictures but had the film taken off me at a traffic stop a few days later. Just coincidence regarding that.

What an unfortunate thing to happen, image the fame and fortune you'd have gotten for those photos!.

Beats the time you were rescued from SHARK INFESTED WATERS!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

some lad getting slashed with a stanley knife at about 2am during a night out.
    intestines and all hanging out and blood squirting out between a guys fingers who was putting pressure on the wound. luckily there was a trained nurse out on the piss at a chipper down the road and knew what to do. dont know what hapened to him.

ohh and the top of me grannys finger being chopped off in a heavy pub door hinge......poor nana

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

you should have put up a 'no loitering' sign
    ropey joke

sorry[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Saw a friend get smashed by a car when I was a kid,can still see the image of him sliding along the road.He survived-broken legs and couple of other injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

When I was in Phnom Penh in Cambodia, I came out of the Prison 21 to meet a man with half the skin on his face burnt off looking for money. Literally skin burnt off and you could see bone. It looked like something out of a horror film. It is the most shocking sight I have ever seen. My boyfriend who was with me was :eek: for the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

Saw a fella burn in a locked room, with bars on the window, standing screaming at the window waiting for help. Freaky watching it when you couldn't do anything.

I never did find out if they got to him on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

A guy getting his hand getting caught in a combine harvester, his hand was just shreds of skin.

A friend who had unfortunately died as a result of a heroin overdose, he was just wasting away, it was devastating to watch.

And a guy who was in my year at school attempting to jump off the top floor stair rail, all the way down through the gap in the staircase (where it curved around). He never spoke to anyone, and there were a good few of us trying to talk him down while 2 girls ran to the staff room to get some teachers. Everyone just stopped and stared at him, it was like time just slowed down, and he was just about to jump when a maths teacher (also a rugby player) literally grabbed him and pulled him back in.

It all feels so hazy now, but at the time all i heard were lads shouting and my own screams as well as the other girls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

Voltex wrote: »
    We all have seen the freaky stuff on certain websites...but whats the worst thing youve seen in real life and has it affected you?

When i was 14 I saw a bin truck roll over a cyclist...I still have visions of it today when around HGVs...

was this, by any achance, at Harrold's Cross, Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/KILLED+BY+BLUNDER%3B+8+refugees+died+because+Mafia+smugglers+put+them...-a080671109

I was there that morning.

will never forget it.

Fuckers put fork lift truck up against the doors.

I tried to buy food to give to 'em..and was refused!

other assholes on the site happy to get the rest of the day off.

Dead children inside:mad::mad:

Smell was indescribable.

Tragic:(

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭who what when

Cant wait for Biggins to post here. Probably wearing out his keyboard frantically typing as we speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

My own arsehole the day after I had taco fries :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Sky news.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Real life people not sh1t on the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Anyone else see the beggar in Henry St, Dublin today with his legs bending the wrong way?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

What an unfortunate thing to happen, image the fame and fortune you'd have gotten for those photos!.

Beats the time you were rescued from SHARK INFESTED WATERS!.

A response i'd quite expect from you given your track record of defending any Israeli action. The photos depicted a tank, then a kid laying on the ground. I doubt i would have got much for them considering there's a shít load of them on Google.

And sad that you have to go searching up something else that i posted in order to make it look like i go around fabricating shít on the internet. You want me to scan the dates of the stamps on my passport? Post up the pictures from the helicopter? Maybe scan the newspaper image with me and my mate in life jackets standing in front of the chopper? And since you like searching up things you shouldn't have much problem finding a translator for the Spanish article attached to it. Will that make you believe Israeli's have and will continue to shoot kids?

No wonder i rarely post in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Suicide at a DART Station where a woman jumped in front of a train.

I was sitting in the first carriage, beside the driver compartment. I only saw a flash of movement through the corner of my eye as I was facing in the opposite direction of the trains movement.

It was the sound of the drivers scream and the thud and crunch of the impact that was awful, ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

My brother got his foot caught in a lawnmower when he younger, then stupidly(maybe just kneejerk reaction) tried to get it out with his hand. Just stood there and watched my older brother pick him up and leg it into the house covered in blood.(He's okay now though)

Same brother also got a pot of boiling jam dropped on him because he ran into mam when she was holding it. His skin was like bubbling.(He's still okay.:pac:)

When we were in a car crash I seen a bone just sticking out of my mam's arm, blood everywhere again.

Worst would be watching my father die for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Nolanger wrote: »
    Was that the one outside the Montclare Hotel in 1990? Saw that too.
    no..was 1991 on the Kylemore Rd opposite where the old Raliegh warehouse used to be. Poor sod...the bin truck was turning left and he got caught under the drivers blind spot.
    It was horrific..the truck just ran right over him and squashed the guys head flat. I was only 13 and the whole thing is still so clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Nolanger wrote: »
    Anyone else see the beggar in Henry St, Dublin today with his legs bending the wrong way?

Saw him in Limerick last week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I saw a rabbit fúck a basketball...

How far did the ball go? Did he throw it at you?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

445279.ie wrote: »
    Saw him in Limerick last week :eek:

And he's always in Kilkenny as well. For a lad with gammy legs he can sure get around.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

When i was 11 or 12 years old I seen a man being cut in 4 by a hgv at the five lamps in dublin city centre, it was not a pretty sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I was on holiday in Tunisia. I was 10 at the time. There was this 12 year old girl who had choked on her own vommit. The whole scene was scary. The worst was when her father was standing over her shouting something in French. It sounded like he was pleading with God.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I seen something once involving a very starving African child and to this day I still won't go into detail about it to my wife.
    I want her to be able to sleep at night.
    Meanwhile the memories that are in my mind still genuinely haunt me and I suspect they will till the end of my days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

kfallon wrote: »
    My own arsehole the day after I had taco fries :eek:

How the hell did you see that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

How the hell did you see that? :confused:

A mirror?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Uh....years ago on a 'working' holiday I saw a really pi55ed irish lad (straight) so locked out of his mind on shots standing on a bar surrounded by half dressed gorgeous Godesses mistakenly accepting a blow job from a gay lad.

You just knew he didn't cop what was going on, he was lapping it up perving on all the sexy women dancing around him not quite realising that he was spending his 21st getting fellated by a bloke!

In retrospect I know now it was some kind of borderline sexual assault but at the time I was young and dumb and didn't intervenve, the club was full of hundreds of people many of whom were up to a lot worse. Photos were taken by his friends who never helped him.

It was a horrible car crash moment! But no-one stopped it, not even his 'mates' :o

It was a true car-crash moment.

Advertisement