Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Yeah, it should be good next week! Delamare might be good on radio. Who knows :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

Did anyone happen to catch the name of the first song that was played on this mornings show? I missed it and curiosity is getting the better of me as I liked it a lot so wouldn't mind checking out further material from the artist involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Philsopher wrote: »
    Did anyone happen to catch the name of the first song that was played on this mornings show? I missed it and curiosity is getting the better of me as I liked it a lot so wouldn't mind checking out further material from the artist involved...

I think it was "Always There" by Incognito feat. Jocelyn Brown - he defintely played it but I'm not sure if it was the first song.
    As far as I remember it's from their 1991 album "Inside Life" - if it's right, that was a cracker of an album - had it on cassette but I lost it...hmmm...I feel a trip to Play coming on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

washiskin wrote: »
    I think it was "Always There" by Incognito feat. Jocelyn Brown - he defintely played it but I'm not sure if it was the first song.
    As far as I remember it's from their 1991 album "Inside Life" - if it's right, that was a cracker of an album - had it on cassette but I lost it...hmmm...I feel a trip to Play coming on ;)

Many thanks for your reply (to my first post on boards! :D) but, unfortunately, that's not the song. It's times like this that I wish they had the playlist for each show up on the website like BBC Radio do. I've lost track of how many times I've heard a song on the radio and thought "I like that one" but missed the name of the song and/or band... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Col200sx wrote: »
    Just heard Ray is off on holidays for the next 2 weeks, nice one:D

Neil Delamare sitting in for week 1, and Anton Savage sitting in for the second week.

Cant wait till Delamare does the problem on wed next , imagine him sorting out the one yesterday about the guy whose girlfriend had a tash and he didnt know if he should tell her:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

Philsopher wrote: »
    Many thanks for your reply (to my first post on boards! :D) but, unfortunately, that's not the song. It's times like this that I wish they had the playlist for each show up on the website like BBC Radio do. I've lost track of how many times I've heard a song on the radio and thought "I like that one" but missed the name of the song and/or band... :(

Don't worry. If D'arcy likes the song too he'll play it every day for the next month or so. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

el diablo wrote: »
    Don't worry. If D'arcy likes the song too he'll play it every day for the next month or so. ;)

is he still playing that paulo nutini song.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Sleveile

You're right, cant wait for next week for his holidays. Its the same old same old bull****. He doesnt give his opinion he presses it on to you.

I've listened for years and lately it like he's and his cronies are having a personel conversation where his opinion is the only one that matters.

Dont get me stared on Ray Foley, come september he'll be back in school with the other children.

When he's back I'll be switching over to Tom Dunne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I'll not listen to Neil Delamere as i can't stand the guy,but i will listen to Anton Savage the following week.

Any suggestions for my aural stimulation next week?

Im going off darcy but its will and mairead that are good crack.
    Mention religion and he goes off on one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Checked radio and TV guide.

Is Delamere on Wednesday 11th, Thursday 12th and Friday 13th from 9am to 11am?

Is Ray going to be on on Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th from 9am to 12pm?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lasereye

can anyone tell me the name of a song ray often plays, its an irish male singer, he has a real gravelly voise, sound like an old man, fast enough song, any suggestion, links to youtube either???

thanks

Would it be Mick Flannery-Tomorrows Paper

Would it be Mick Flannery-Tomorrows Paper

This?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Neil Delamere? Of all the names to put in that spot, wasn't expecting that. Sounds alright so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Anyone hear the fella they had on from the news dept that was meant to look exactly like Neil??

The lad said he was from Mayo but he had this ridiculas South Dublin accent. Hilarious stuff. Real Ross O'Carroll Kelly stuff.

Using 'totally' 'in fairness' 'loike' and so on.

Reckon he puts it on? Pretty shallow isnt it?

Well he is living and working in Dublin.

Maybe he "puck" it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Lahm wrote: »
    Well he is living and working in Dublin.

Maybe he "puck" it up.

What???

but would your accent really change SO much??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

NickDrake wrote: »
    Anyone hear the fella they had on from the news dept that was meant to look exactly like Neil??

The lad said he was from Mayo but he had this ridiculas South Dublin accent. Hilarious stuff. Real Ross O'Carroll Kelly stuff.

Using 'totally' 'in fairness' 'loike' and so on.

Reckon he puts it on? Pretty shallow isnt it?

Yes, I heard him. Fergal O'Brien I think his name is. I've heard quite a few culchie students with a similar fake D4 accent. Pretty sad really. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭evenmicheal

Like Ray D'Arcy show but he has to try some different songs. He plays the same songs all the time. Gets really annoying. He can be a bit condescending at times especially towards people who have religious beliefs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

How many days do we have to wait in order to be able to listen on the TodayFm website to something that was on Ray D'Arcy this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Is it just me or did the quality of music vastly improve when Anton Savage is on? None of the same old songs that Ray has been playing for ages.

They're obviously not playlisted so someone was picking some good tunes. Highly doubtful it was Anton though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I like Ray, but his taste in music is questionable, as in, I find it crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

is there not some broadcasting rule that states that of the songs they play 60% have to be by irish artists. i think d'arcy mentioned it a while back.
    although why the other 40% has to be florence and the machine is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fcukers. I want a milkshake now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

That_Guy wrote: »
    Fcukers. I want a milkshake now. :(

HAHA! i was thinking the same thing!

damn i want one of those milkshakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

maameeo wrote: »
    HAHA! i was thinking the same thing!

damn i want one of those milkshakes!

What the hell?
    I wasn't even listening to the show this morning and you guys have made me want a milkshake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

What the hell?
    I wasn't even listening to the show this morning and you guys have made me want a milkshake :)

LOL!!

they got milkshakes from that place in town that makes milkshakes from whatever bar/sweets you want!!

Ray got a twix milkshake and Mairead got a creme egg+crunchie one.

I'm sitting here thinking what combination id like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

maameeo wrote: »
    they got milkshakes from that place in town that makes milkshakes from whatever bar/sweets you want!!

I'm sitting here thinking what combination id like!

Sounds like a cool idea.
    What would I have...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    vzt1f6klldpnvc9794oh.jpg

On previous Thread from Shakes in Galway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement