Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

I actually listened to the show for the whole week and I find him a really positive guy - funny, charming and really up beat. Mairead seems to get on well with him too and his laugh is really infectious.

I wish they'd keep him instead of that pompous a**hat. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Yer man Anton is a thousand times better than Ray.
    "eh ray eh @ eh today fm eh .com eh"
    "eh 085 4100102 eh"

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

I used to listen to Ray from the start, but since he had the baby the whole show changed and got real serious so i don't listen anymore.

Happened to come across Anton this week and found him very good and entertaining but that Mairead was still in the back ground getting her opinion in about every little thing i just cant stand the girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

If you added a option to change the show to a different format - I' vote - I still love Ray D but he needs to change his show to reflect the changes in his personality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I listened to Anton a bit this week. Vast vast improvment but I think listening to Pat Kenny for the best part of a year has changed me.

The only way I would change back now is if there was something really pretentious on PK and then it would only be for an hour or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thank god they changed that HB ice cream jingle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Were they talking there at the end about why Jenny missed the show from the cat laughs ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

threein99 wrote: »
    Were they talking there at the end about why Jenny missed the show from the cat laughs ? :confused:

Herself and Mairead were probably out on their usual thursday night drinks. Most people would get in trouble at work but they seems to be able to boast on radio that they are hungover

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

NickDrake wrote: »
    Herself and Mairead were probably out on their usual thursday night drinks. Most people would get in trouble at work but they seems to be able to boast on radio that they are hungover

Was it not that the comedians and the show went out for drinks on friday and everyone was a bit worse for wear?

They get to boast because making fun of peoples misfortunes is a national pasttime. You might not do it with your boss; but surely you do it with your coworkers?

Pter wrote: »
    Was it not that the comedians and the show went out for drinks on friday and everyone was a bit worse for wear?

They get to boast because making fun of peoples misfortunes is a national pasttime. You might not do it with your boss; but surely you do it with your coworkers?

I wouldnt be going into work the next day blarring it to everyone that I am dying with a hangover so my boss could hear.

There is no doubt the show suffers when they are hungover and if I was their boss I would be giving them a warning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

NickDrake wrote: »
    I wouldnt be going into work the next day blarring it to everyone that I am dying with a hangover so my boss could hear.

There is no doubt the show suffers when they are hungover and if I was their boss I would be giving them a warning

Its their job to be good craic. Noone wants to hear about them drinking water all night and getting an early night because they had to work on a saturday.

I agree i wouldnt go in blarring it either; but they are in a different situation because they arent saying it to their boss, they are saying it to the public. They would not be long in radio if they just paid attention to the things they might not want to say instead of the things that are entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I really enjoy the show mostly and all of ye do too, otherwise why would ye listen?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

I really enjoy the show mostly and all of ye do too, otherwise why would ye listen?

Nope, im in work and the woman beside me has a radio that she owns, turns on and listens to every day, the other guy in her dept listens too-its left on today FM from morning to night which is fine for the most part (if you can deal with hearing the same songs a few times in the day/week!) but some of the stuff Darcy goes on about can be hard to listen to. Anton was a great change and refreshing, if I could Id listen to Tom Dunne on Newstallk, but I need my ears for my boss and my phone so that rules out earphones and bringing in my own radio and starting radio wars in the office isnt gonna please anyone! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Used to listen to the full show if I was at work and we had the radio on, but recently I tend to listen to the first hour, ditch it for Good Morning Dublin on Dublin City fm for a Dublin view on things, and then once that's finished go back to D'Arcy. I know he get's a fair bit of abuse on here, but in fairness to him, it's still not a bad show

Though personally,I don't think the show is as lively / funny as it was at the start. The declining listenership figures reflect that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I really enjoyed this segement of his show today:

http://audioserver.todayfm.com/audio/Batman.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

well,
    do any of ye remember there a few years ago when Ray Darcy got his listeners to take photos on a certain day.
    these photos made were made into a book. whats the name of that book??
    any of ye know if you can few these photos online ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

it was called "us". Its not available any more, except from second hands or something.. They plan to make another one later this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I bloody hate Jedward. Tonic my ass. They are talentless fools being pushed on teenagers by Louis Walsh. Famous for being famous.

So many popstars that cant sing or have any talent around these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

ste88m wrote: »

Though personally,I don't think the show is as lively / funny as it was at the start. The declining listenership figures reflect that.

It will be interesting to learn if he picked up any of Gerry Ryan's listeners and if he did does he keep them once tubridy starts

Great show on Friday. Just shows Ray and team are still as great as ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭davehey79

any one listen in today ? thought Dustin was gas some of the comments were very raucous

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

davehey79 wrote: »
    any one listen in today ? thought Dustin was gas some of the comments were very raucous

At one moment I actually stopped and had a look of "did he actually say that?" type of look on my face. :)

Thought Delamere was ok too.... which is weird because I really don't think he's all that funny.

Great show today lads. Credit where credits due

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Was listening to todays show and all was going well,until yet again,des Bishop was on.
    I know this is a personal choice,but was is D'Arcy's fixation with this UNFUNNY UNFUNNY,gobsheen.
    I know there are people out out there who like this bishop chancer,but I cannot stand himdon't find him at at funny,in fact I think there could be a case to be had in regards to trade description,but's that's for another day.
    He was on Tom Dunne a couple of weeks back,now D'Arcy,we had the same thing with the Grimes gimps on both stations,time to buck up lads,not good enough.

Rant over.............................but NO MORE DES BISHOP:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

D'Arcy didn't like it whe Des Bishop called his daughter a lesbian.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭buster180

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Was listening to todays show and all was going well,until yet again,des Bishop was on.
    I know this is a personal choice,but was is D'Arcy's fixation with this UNFUNNY UNFUNNY,gobsheen.
    I know there are people out out there who like this bishop chancer,but I cannot stand himdon't find him at at funny,in fact I think there could be a case to be had in regards to trade description,but's that's for another day.
    He was on Tom Dunne a couple of weeks back,now D'Arcy,we had the same thing with the Grimes gimps on both stations,time to buck up lads,not good enough.

Rant over.............................but NO MORE DES BISHOP:mad::mad::mad:

Agree 100% and you can also throw in that unfunny wagon Maeve Higgins, Jasus she gets on my nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    D'Arcy didn't like it whe Des Bishop called his daughter a lesbian.

If I was D'Arcy,I'd have smacked in the mouth live on air,well I would just smack him anyways,and I wouldn't let near a radio set,let alone give him air time.
    Looks like my irrational hatred of all things bishop is back....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

.......the Ray D'Arcy Show came to do a job a few years ago.

The job was done well. Ray, let go and move on to late afternoon.

He's undoing the great work with the same old salt-o-the-earth broadcasting......his over use of the word "sh1te" was the final straw for me......i'm listening to Tom Dunne but i fear that he too will end up on the heap after a while......i fear the day because Tom is great!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

If Tom doesn't get 100,000 listeners by Febuary he'll be gone id say and replaced by Moncrieff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Just heard Ray is off on holidays for the next 2 weeks, nice one:D

Neil Delamare sitting in for week 1, and Anton Savage sitting in for the second week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement