Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Sticky] Gigs/Events in Cork? Post 'em here.

• 01-09-2002 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I'm there if I'm in the country.

Frank and Walters Savoy Thu 26th Sept

Mcalmont and Butler Savoy Fri 27th Sept

Sinead O'Connor Opera House Thu 24th October

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I have just seen Glen Hansard in the Everyman. It'll be the last Frames/Hansard gig i ever go to. Mark Geary who was supporting was appalling. While Glen is a pretty talented musician he seems to have gotten big-headed recently, of course all the Glen-ites loved his unwitty banter.

Gigwise, Damien Dempsey in the Lobby on Monday, September 16, 2002. Gemma Hayes in the Triskel is worth seeing.

Other than that there isn't much going on here this month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

if we got a gig there would ya come see us?

and if so what venue would suit?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by daveirl
    A bit big headed.... massive understatement. Go post that on theframes.ie though. They'll eat you for breakfast. Actually please do, it'll be entertaining.

You should have heard the diaharetic spewage of a Pixies cover that Glen dragged out. It was a travesty

Some of his stories were complete BS too, one of them was about how when he was a kid he used to climb electrical pylons (yes the big 50ft thingys). Apparently one day him and his friends could see this guy on top of the roof of a block of flats while on the pylon. They shouted at him to jump and he did. They went over to the body and it turned out to be one of his friends father.

He also decided to take a **** midway through the gig

Originally posted by polarbelly
    if we got a gig there would ya come see us?

and if so what venue would suit?

If you want to do a gig try getting in touch with the Lobby.

What kind of music do ye do?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

just to let ye know i am the supervisor of the savoy nightclub so if ye would like any information about upcoming gigs dont hesitate to pm me and i can do my best to get ye news of gigs before the general public.

As ye may know paul oakenfold is playin in cork on the 21st of september but what the heineken posters fail to say is that the gig is in fact in the savoy
    it is 30 yoyos a ticket and doors are at 9pm

but what the posters also leave out is that they are holding a dj competition in the bodega on the 19th of september to decide the winner of the thirst dj competiotion and who will play as a warm up to oakenfold this event will be alot cheaper and u get alot of djs plus a 30min set from oakenfodl himself.

oh also i work in nancy spains bar on barracks street and just to let ye know pitch shifter are playin there on the 22nd of september at 15 euros a ticket and tickets are available from nancy spains

• Advertisement

Giz free comps to the Savoy :)

Mundy!
    Everyman Theatre, Cork - 29th Sept

This one so nearly slipped from under my nose! I'll be going to this despite the Everyman being crap for gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Originally posted by -=Castaway=-

As ye may know paul oakenfold is playin in cork on the 21st of september but what the heineken posters fail to say is that the gig is in fact in the savoy
    it is 30 yoyos a ticket and doors are at 9pm

Any chance of Oakeys set being recorded and broadcast on the radio sometime???? :)

not a chance in hell we are not settin up any recording material for his set only for the dj competition winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

"cast" lots of spam from u :p

I was in Halfmoon club thay always have a farely good band in the back room on a friday and saturday night its worth a look in ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Originally posted by -=Castaway=-
    not a chance in hell we are not settin up any recording material for his set only for the dj competition winner

Fair enough. :)

BTW - How are the tickets selling?? Many left?? I'm thinking of popping along if I can convince a few non-trance friends to come along. ;)

Originally posted by Chris_533976

Fair enough. :)

BTW - How are the tickets selling?? Many left?? I'm thinking of popping along if I can convince a few non-trance friends to come along. ;)

Sold out i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

The apes (from Washington DC) are doing a free show in Pine Lodge, Myrtleville, tomorrrow (friday) support comes from Seattle's Alta May.

Aslan play the savoy at xmas.

Dalek (live hop hop from new jersey) play the Half Moon on the 18th dec.

80's ska merchants Bad Manners play nancy spains on the 27th december, tickets on sale now from Plugd Records on washington st.

Not 100% confirmed yet but it seems Jon Spencer Blues Explosion could be playing cork late January, around the same time Teenage Fanclub play the Savoy.

Also we hear tell that Calexico and Yo La tengo might be coming to cork in the spring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭fixer

keep the info coming, Jim...

are you the Jim I met in the cafe this morning? I am sometimes known as Rob...

• Advertisement

nope, ain't been in any cafe today.

more news as i get it or mail jcomic@indigo.ie and I'll add you to the mailing list if you want more in-depth news.

we're revamping the site at the moment, I'll let you know when It's up and runnig again (should be early in the new year)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Hey Jim, is Rupert and James still around? Man they are some funny guys!

James will be working on the revamped Zeitgeist with me, haven't seen rupert in about a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Oh ya, a decent gig thats coming up, The Frames, playing the Opera House on new Years Eve, €25.

The last gig in the Everyman was brilliant so I was told.

the Rednecks have been accepted to play the SXSW festival in the US (texas) and it was originally supposed to take place between the 23rd-27th of March. This has now been moved to the 12-16th of March so cork date (scheduled for the 13th march) will be moved, probably to the week before but as soon as I get exact new date off the promoter I'll post it here.

Redneck Manifesto now play the Half Moon Theatre on the 9th of March (not the 13th as originally scheduled).

The date has been rescheduled coz they are now playing America on the 13th.

The re-scheduled date is now a Sunday afternoon show and will be an all ages gig.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Jim Comic
    Redneck Manifesto now play the Half Moon Theatre on the 9th of March (not the 13th as originally scheduled).

The date has been rescheduled coz they are now playing America on the 13th.

The re-scheduled date is now a Sunday afternoon show and will be an all ages gig.

Excellent band, everyone should go!

Till then some of you guys will have be in a bit of a pickle this Jan 22nd as there are two big gigs on then, i'll be goingg to see Fred and friends for sure :cool:

Half Moon Glen Hansard
    Mark Geary. €17 8.00pm

Lobby Bar Fred, Rest, Army Dreamers and Rulerz of the Planet
    Forward The Revolution. €10

Advertisement