Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy (Read mod note on post 1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Mr. Plow

zinx wrote: »
    He is on borrowed time.A week at most.

If what you say is true and he is killed then those responsible will be as wrong as he was in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

A chap named Larry defending a chap named Larry, coincidence? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭MrDarcy

The Director of the charity (PACE), that owns the house that the mob are gathered outside, is now on FM104 and has confirmed that he is not in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I won't shed a tear if he is attacked,he's a scumbag that has nothing positive to add to society, instead, he is a real danger to women and has nothing to add but fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

MrDarcy wrote: »
    The Director of the charity (PACE), that owns the house that the mob are gathered outside, is now on FM104 and has confirmed that he is not in the house.
    Lol - what a surprise. Bunch of muppets. A rumour is a very powerful thing. Someone said he was coming to Cork and it spread like wildfire, based on... nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

muletide wrote: »
    Oh fvck off and change the record. What a useless point/post.

Don't post in this thread again.

Further posts like this will get bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DeltaC

It seems that they let some protesters in to see for themselves, which is way above and beyond any call of duty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭MrDarcy

DeltaC wrote: »
    It seems that they let some protesters in to see for themselves, which is way above and beyond any call of duty...

I suppose it was just an attempt to draw a line under the situation there in Coolock, the girl from PACE on FM104 said it was starting to get a bit out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Where is the angry mob outside the Dail and Anglo i dare ask?

country almost bankrupt and ruined by FF and there builder buddies, FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

super-rush wrote: »

Don't post in this thread again.

Further posts like this will get bans.

Are u serious, did you even read the post I quoted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

There Talking about it on the FM104 Phoneshow . Interesting listen

http://www.fm104.ie/on-air/shows.aspx?show_guid=394c34d9-79be-4b89-a0ba-7e184beb0a37

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭LarrytheLantern

A chap named Larry defending a chap named Larry, coincidence? :pac:

this is exactly the sort of media fueled hysteria i was referring to.

what next? let's lynch all men called LARRY, or why not exterminate all the MURPHY'S?

if this wasn't so horrific it would be funny. it fools like this who are making snowballs for others to throw. only when some totally innocent person is badly beaten, or worse will you hear the honory members of the mob tut tutting.

too late then folks, 'cos you'll ALL HAVE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS!

think before you bay for blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

muletide wrote: »
    Are u serious, did you even read the post I quoted?

If you have a problem then pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DeltaC

I suppose it was just an attempt to draw a line under the situation there in Coolock, the girl from PACE on FM104 said it was starting to get a bit out of control.

Absolutely, but a VERY good (if unusual) judgement call there. I had my doubts if he would be there, after all the place is home to ordinary released prisoners who wouldn't be any happier with it than the crowd outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

what next? let's lynch all men called LARRY, or why not exterminate all the MURPHY'S?

if this wasn't so horrific it would be funny. it fools like this who are making snowballs for others to throw. only when some totally innocent person is badly beaten, or worse will you hear the honory members of the mob tut tutting.

I think you missed it, he was merely making a tongue in cheek comment.

Nothing malicious in it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

super-rush wrote: »
    If you have a problem then pm me.

I am completely sans problem- so maybe you should do the pm'ing

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

This has probably shown up on the thread already but sure that would mean reading it all :), Facebook is on to him:

"TO ALL WOMEN", THIS IS A PIC OF A RAPIST THAT IS BEEN RELASED BY OUR "LEGAL SYSTEM" TODAY...NOT ONLY HAS HE BEEN RELASED, HE HAS ALSO BEEN GRANTED A LICENCE TO OPERATE A "TAXI"....SO BOTTOM LINE,WHEN GETTING A TAXI FROM NOW ON PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!!

He's had a productive first day of release. Got his PSV licence and all .

and not just that, it's for a "taxi" . So does that mean he does or he doesnt or just that someone doesnt know what inverted commas are for? The thick plottens.

if this wasn't so horrific it would be funny.
    I agree the rape and assault and attempted murder of that woman is horrific all right.
    Seriously, LarrytheLantern, SuperInfinity and Yutta - all appear to have caught the "let's go against the grain and make out that serious horrors aren't that bad at all" disease in the past few days...

snyper wrote: »
    I think you missed it, he was merely making a tongue in cheek comment.

Nothing malicious in it at all

i fully realise how stupid his comment was, but you appear to have missed my point!

there are many cretinous & highly suggestible idiots out there who need very little "provocation" or "reason" to attack a totally innocent person.

i'll give you a small example so you might better understand, shall i?

a pediatician (that's a doctor that looks after sick kids btw!) in Britian was set upon by a bunch on morons who wrongly understood the brass plate on her house/clinic to read "pedophile"

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/083100/wor_083100129.shtml

Jeesh it seems the Larries are out for blood instead of the people :pac:

Relax, you've lost you humour in this renegade defense of an attempted
    murderer.

The guy didn't attend councelling in prison & the public have every
    right to fear he'll strike again.

I'm not defending the public hysteria but people have a right to be
    afraid the guy will strike again if he wasn't willing to attend therapy.

Oh, and news reports telling us his family suspect he'd strike again
    can't really help soothe the population.

Is that a lie? Are they making that up?? Tell us if TV3 lied this evening???

Btw, my comment was not stupid ;) I can't help it if you're too focused
    on arguing against everyone to notice jokes :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

a pediatician (that's a doctor that looks after sick kids btw!) in Britian was set upon by a bunch on morons who wrongly understood the brass plate on her house/clinic to read "pedophile"

Yes, i heard that earlier today.

Im not spporting "mob rule". Discussion brings about change, and the law needs change.

The stupidity of people boggles me sometimes. Did they stop and think fro a second that Pedophiles generally dont tend to get brass plated signs made and screwed to their door.

Yeah, that was already mentioned. You're right, but does making that point require practically defending Murphy and saying stuff like the lynch mob are as bad as, if not worse than, him? Does it also require looking for examples of lynch mob behaviour... a bit like something a lynch mob member would do themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

today was my first time ever looking at a facebook page, and after reading some of the absolute shyte posted on that, i shall never be joining the ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

a pediatician (that's a doctor that looks after sick kids btw!)

No it's not

snyper wrote: »
    Yes, i heard that earlier today.

Im not spporting "mob rule". Discussion brings about change, and the law needs change.

The stupidity of people boggles me sometimes. Did they stop and think fro a second that Pedophiles generally dont tend to get brass plated signs made and screwed to their door.

Exactly SYNPER!
    Never underestimate the stupidity of the average man (or woman) in the street. I'm listening to "Ann" on FM104 right now and the lady is a total cretin. She's angry 'cos the people @ Priorswood House wouldn't let her in to "check to see if Murphy is there".

Regarding the pediatrician article I thought the bit "Across Britain, several people who shared surnames with alleged offenders named by the paper also have had their homes attacked". illustrates my point perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

genericguy wrote: »
    today was my first time ever looking at a facebook page, and after reading some of the absolute shyte posted on that, i shall never be joining the ranks.

I wouldn't read too much into it. People who join FB groups which usually claim to make some righteous real world impact tend to be gullible idiots.

There was a "Don't let Larry Murphy out" group doing the rounds about 6 months ago, it was the same ****e.

The guy didn't attend councelling in prison & the public have every
    right to fear he'll strike again.

I'm not defending the public hysteria but people have a right to be
    afraid the guy will strike again if he wasn't willing to attend therapy.

Oh, and news reports telling us his family suspect he'd strike again
    can't really help soothe the population.

Is that a lie? Are they making that up?? Tell us if TV3 lied this evening???

Before you all go off calling people stupid I'd like an answer to this,
    it seems to me that this is the reason why people are so iffy about
    the mans release.

Spare us your misanthropic generalizations about humanity ty

Larry ain't gonna answer any question that challenges the sh1te he's spewing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Hypothetically since they displayed the reg/plate of the taxi on the news, couldn't some enterprising vigilante find out where he was dropped to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The guy has done his time. I don't know why the general public is worried about him, let An Garda Siochana worry about him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement