Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy (Read mod note on post 1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

doccy wrote: »
    I disagree that there is no evidence more the evidence is circumstantial. He may or may not have killed those three girls but history of serial killers would tell any logical or rational observer that this man has likely killed before.
    Hence the FBI, who have a hell of a lot of experience in this field, fingered him as the prime suspect.

The fingered him as the prime suspect because the useless Chief Wiggums
    in Ireland have nothing else.
    Zippo.Nada.
    They have nothing else to go on. Now there is quite a good chance it was him.
    But you cannot convict on chance. Or Circumstantial evidence.
    He is innocent of those crimes unti proven guilty

All you need to do is get Larry Murphy into a pub in Coolock, loads of people get shot dead in bars around there and are never caught.
    Thats the trick.
    Get him into a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

whycliff wrote: »
    The fingered him as the prime suspect because the useless Chief Wiggums
    in Ireland have nothing else.
    Zippo.Nada.
    They have nothing else to go on. Now there is quite a good chance it was him.
    But you cannot convict on chance. Or Circumstantial evidence.
    He is innocent of those crimes unti proven guilty

The point I'm making in the post is that he likely killed before. And yes, to my knowledge, you can be convicted on circumstantial evidence if there is enough of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

theg81der wrote: »
    Philstar your empathising with a person who your assuming is a normal human being - he`s not he doesn`t feel anything he`s an actual real psychopath. If you do want to empathise with him imagine feeling nothing except the dark sexual enjoyment that only comes from watching a weaker person suffer, cry, beg and plead for their life. Imagine the power and control you feel as you take their last breath desperately pleading with their eyes for you to have mercy - but you don`t have any, all you have is an empty souless desire to repeat this over and over each time escalating your behaviour because you don`t get the same thrill.

It could be your sister. girlfriend, friend etc

I know a prison guard who worked with this guy - even he was scared of him and he saw alot. He just said this guy was "different" and unnerving. I didn`t know who he was talking about at the time its a few years ago.

Given that there was other women found bound in the same way etc I`m not getting why this guy can`t be arrested and tried for their murders.

im not in any way sympathising with him,but surely there is something wrong in his head if he feels the need to carry out such acts??

he needs help,people like this cannot help themselves,its the make up of their brain.

The point I'm making in the post is that he likely killed before. And yes, to my knowledge, you can be convicted on circumstantial evidence if there is enough of it.

I'm not standing up for Murphy here, the mans a scumbag.

But as a civilised nation we have to look at ourselves.

How many times have we seen threads about China and the middle east on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

when they say circumstantial evidence in this case they mean he lived near the victims....not enough to convict i'm afraid.

I'm not standing up for Murphy here, the mans a scumbag.

But as a civilised nation we have to look at ourselves.

How many times have we seen threads about China and the middle east on here?

No, I know you are not and I do agree with the point you are making. This a very unique case and a very emotive one too.
    I honestly believe he is a sick man and should be institutionalised. Surely no one could argue with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Murphy should simply have been re-arrested as he left prison and brought to a psychiatric institution and kept there for the rest of his days or until he could prove he was no longer a threat to society. I would be pretty confident that he would never be released.

yes, the authorities should get him off the streets before this ends in a sorry mess

make up a charge to re-arrest him

No, I know you are not and I do agree with the point you are making. This a very unique case and a very emotive one too.
    I honestly believe he is a sick man and should be institutionalised. Surely no one could argue with that?

I agree, he certainly should not have had the option of not receiving some sort of help.

I imagine however he was psychoanalyzed.

I agree, he certainly should not have had the option of not receiving some sort of help.

I imagine however he was psychoanalyzed.

Yes he was- by criminal psychologists. Their opinion? He has a high risk of re-offending. Not my words, by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

All you need to do is get Larry Murphy into a pub in Coolock, loads of people get shot dead in bars around there and are never caught.
    Thats the trick.
    Get him into a bar.
    Loads alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

The media circus around Larry Murphy is crazy. He has served every day he was supposed to under the requirements of the law and should now be entitled to put his life back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

ben bedlam wrote: »
    The media circus around Larry Murphy is crazy. He has served every day he was supposed to under the requirements of the law and should now be entitled to put his life back together.

just as the public are entitled to protect themselves from any predator in their community whether it is Larry Murphy or anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

i thought this scumbag got out early? with a bit of luck he is killed, the man is pure evil and scum. doesnt deserve any chance of having a life, he ruined another womans and quite possible is responsible for other womens deaths too, although unproven to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rilester

I completely agree with you Ben!! It just goes to show how stupid the general public of ireland are by being manipulated by the media into a witch hunt, there are far worse than Larry Murphy walking the street. We have far more important matters to deal with - I mean Fiana Fail are still governing the country!!!!! Why dont the media witch hunt them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

rilester wrote: »
    I completely agree with you Ben!! It just goes to show how stupid the general public of ireland are by being manipulated by the media into a witch hunt, there are far worse than Larry Murphy walking the street. We have far more important matters to deal with - I mean Fiana Fail are still governing the country!!!!! Why dont the media witch hunt them!!!

Cos Fianna Fail didn't stalk and repeatadly rape and try to murder a girl
    and they're not suspected of doing the same to several others either.

jesus christ, how hard is this to grasp?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Because FF didn't repeatedly rape a woman in the Wicklow mountains and then try and kill her.

Are people sympathising with this cunt just to be 'different'?

EDIT: SV beat me to it.

SV wrote: »

In fairness FF financially raped the population of Ireland. But that soff topic lol, theres no excuse for sympathy for this man, hes a dirty scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rilester

Fiana Fail raped a whole country you idiot!!!!! And the still stalk the streets!!!!

i thought this scumbag got out early? with a bit of luck he is killed, the man is pure evil and scum. doesnt deserve any chance of having a life, he ruined another womans and quite possible is responsible for other womens deaths too, although unproven to date.

There was and never has been any evidence to link Larry Murphy to any of those dissapearances in any way whatsoever. Innocent until proven guilty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,983 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He served the time that he was supposed to, but that was about 40 years less than he deserved.

...and now the Guards will have to waste valuable time protecting, and keeping tabs on him, while they could be doing motorists, and improving the cash-flow.

No, Fianna Fail only raped the countrys economy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Fiana Fail raped a whole country you idiot!!!!! And the still stalk the streets!!!!

I agree, what was done to the country as a whole having people lose their jobs was equally as bad as being ACTUALLY raped and beaten and brought seconds from being murdered.

Retarded post.

There was and never has been any evidence to link Larry Murphy to any of those dissapearances in any way whatsoever. Innocent until proven guilty

i said unproven, if you re read it.

hes a dirty scumbag, i agree the media is in overdrive with this, but **** it, hes a dirty raping bastard and deserves the abuse he is going to get.

As for the Gardai protecting him, its a waste of money true, but as our laws mean **** allin this country hes out well before he should be, the Gardai need to know where this rapist is, hes a danger to people, that sa fact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

He must be some rapist if he can't even get the local priest to shake hands with him.

I agree Rilester - there are probably far worse than Larry Murphy walking around our streets but if his case and the pressure the Irish public might put on the judicary as a result of his case end up in a change in our laws so that sex offenders and child abusers cannot just walk around our streets well then I don't think the Irish Public will have been 'stupid' at all.

Wanting to know where such a dangerous, unremorseful sex offender is at this moment in time is not a witch hunt it is common sense. Sarah Payne was killed by a convicted Paedophile who was released from prison and living close to her home. No one knew because it wasn't talked about.

I would like to think that if this man reoffends it won't be for the lack of trying on the Irish publics part to name and shame and locate the sick bastard. He is the one who refused counselling - he is the one is refusing to acknowledge his actions. He has done himself no favours so I don't see why the irish public should do him any.

The fact that Fianna Fail is in goverment is an issue but perhaps you don't see that the publics anger about this is also directed at the fact that their Justice Minister has done nothing to help bring about changes in the law. He is the only one who could keep the sick ****er behind bars.

here here Keano !

I am sure there is a politics thread for that crap.

If you enter a thread for Larry Murphy and are then going to try and let him blend into the background because FF are **** then you probably shouldnt have entered this thread

El Siglo wrote: »
    Because FF didn't repeatedly rape a woman in the Wicklow mountains and then try and kill her.

Are people sympathising with this cunt just to be 'different'?

EDIT: SV beat me to it.

Was wondering this myself El Siglo. I don't know how anyone who has a mother, sister or daughter or even a female friend could ever defend the actions of an unremorseful sex offender and attempted murderer and perhaps a ......... well we will leave that for a different day

Rilester - grow up. Fianna Fail and their actions are for another post in another thread.

That woman was held down and raped and begged for him to kill her. It is is no way the same as FF's **** ups in this country (which I agree were major but they cannot be used to justify Larry Murphys treatment in anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Had it happened in Iran, he would have been strung by the neck from a mobile crane in public.
    Had it been in Saudi Arabia he would have his balls cut off.
    Had it been in the US of A he would be serving 40 years
    Had it happened in the UK he would be electronically tagged and his whereabouts known to the public.
    But it happened in Ireland, a fcuking joke, where he is let off Scott free only serving double the amount of time had he been caught with just a bong or a couple of head shop pills in his car.

For once I support the Media for informing the public on this monsters welfare, his whereabouts and his capabilities.

The best thing Larry Murphy can do ATM for his own safety and the pease of mind of the public is to throw a large brick through a shop front window and wait for the cops.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement