Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bogtrotters Marathon, 24/7/10

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

you hardly look a day over 40. :)

Awww shucks, thanks Krusty! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

1 star (terrible)
    Oops.. I'd better not turn up at the Bogtrotters, or I'll be one of those bog-bodies recovered in the fullness of time (if I'm ever recovered).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

3 stars (average)
    Anyone else getting the bus over on Friday?
    Probably be getting the 15:45 bus from Busaras. Then back on the Saturday at 2:30 unless I can cadge a lift off somebody.

yeah eddie ill be getting the 3.45 bus on friday. coming back on sunday most probably if eamonn is still on for a few drinks saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SnappyDresser

3 stars (average)
    Think it might be a more tricky marathon than I originally thought. A few inclines should make it a real challenge. See they have a session in "Hanleys Bar" from 9 - 11. Might have a pint to get those ZZZZZZ underway:)

3 stars (average)
    just prepare for the hills bud. go up them slower and gain back thd time on the declines. ill be making myself a pace band with varying paces incorporating the hills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    yeah eddie ill be getting the 3.45 bus on friday. coming back on sunday most probably if eamonn is still on for a few drinks saturday

Think a tipple or two might be possible. Got my number today, No. 65

3 stars (average)
    44 for me. i win:D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SnappyDresser

3 stars (average)
    Number 9:)

3 stars (average)
    You guys decided which bur for definate? Ill deffo be on the 3.45 bus, so anyone thats there ill see you there.

I'll be on the 3:45 bus, won't be able to get away any earlier. Might be getting on in Lucan though so if I'm not on it at busaras one of yee better keep me a seat. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

1 star (terrible)
    I'll be on the 3:45 bus, won't be able to get away any earlier. Might be getting on in Lucan though so if I'm not on it at busaras one of yee better keep me a seat. :pac:

We'll throw an old race tshirt and a pair of runners on a seat for you.

1 star (terrible)
    don't forget your passports. You're heading into banjo country.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. Are ye heading to Hanley's for the Trad Session toinight? (It's right across the road from the Percy French) I'll be dropping over to Strokestown this evening for a pre-race muscle relaxant. Where will you all be after your carbo loading?

1 star (terrible)
    don't forget your passports. You're heading into banjo country.
    There is a banjo festival in Longford town at the end of September all right. Probably a differerent clientele to the Electric Picnic crowd all right.

1 star (terrible)
    Aimman wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. Are ye heading to Hanley's for the Trad Session toinight? (It's right across the road from the Percy French) I'll be dropping over to Strokestown this evening for a pre-race muscle relaxant. Where will you all be after your carbo loading?

Probably in the Percy French restaurant. Otherwise it will be dread chipper as I don't think there is another restaurant in town.

1 star (terrible)
    If you get stuck for food, drop me a line and I can drop you up to the big shmoke (Roscommon Town) for a bite to eat. RQ has my number (I think).

Might see you in the morning. ;)

Probably in the Percy French restaurant. Otherwise it will be dread chipper as I don't think there is another restaurant in town.

Theres a chipper across from the Percy French and a chinese too. Go to the small roundabout and walk up the hill, theres a couple more fast food places there.

Might see ya for a drink in Hanleys after the grub.

Dropped out at halfway. Absolute shambles of a race, leaders got lost and finished in over 3 hours I think. Shambles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Dropped out at halfway.

You ok?

menoscemo wrote: »
    You ok?

Yeah, just not my day. I don't think being bored out of my tree after 3 miles helped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Yeah, just not my day. I don't think being bored out of my tree after 3 miles helped.

Ah well. You should be in good shape for a decent run tomorrow then. Sub 45?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Dropped out at halfway. Absolute shambles of a race, leaders got lost and finished in over 3 hours I think. Shambles...

Who won RQ ? ... a fella from work who is a sub 2:25 man and was going up to it.

Sosa wrote: »
    Who won RQ ? ... a fella from work who is a sub 2:25 man and was going up to it.

Ciobanu.

Ciobanu.

That makes me laugh...the fella in work knows him and i joked are you telling your mate sergui about the race...he said no way...i am telling him nothing....
    Handy €1000 for a 3hr marathon for a fella who can get close to 2:20....

3 stars (average)
    winner won in 3.05.
    got lost apparantantly.
    very hard course and shocking terrain in places.
    really enjoyed it.

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    winner won in 3.05.
    got lost apparantantly.
    very hard course and shocking terrain in places.
    really enjoyed it.

He must have run about 30 miles id say...that fella is an animal of a runner,
    A 3:05 marathon is like a recovery run for him...well not really but you get my meaning ! easy....real easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

yep heard the winner ended up running 31 miles :eek:

3 stars (average)
    So did krusty:D

1 star (terrible)
    Sosa wrote: »
    He must have run about 30 miles id say...that fella is an animal of a runner,
    A 3:05 marathon is like a recovery run for him...well not really but you get my meaning ! easy....real easy

The winning lady covered 27+ miles, so I presume the guys covered something between 27 and 28 miles. For my sins, I covered 30.54 miles. Serves me right for doing it in the first place. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

2 stars (poor)
    Hard enough day at the office for me, the big hill really took it out of me. Just compared the elevation profile to the Wexford Half and that hill was about 50% higher and near vertical in comparison so don't feel too bad about it. Lost a bit of time on the bog road too but not too much, finished in 1:50:02, despite trying to kick over the last mile to get under 1:50 I just didn't have any more to give.

Enjoyed the night down there and the race itself (although I was by myself for big sections), only thing that let the organisers down was the fact that I finished @ 1050 and it was 1220 before I got on a bus back to Strokestown. Was pretty wet and very cold by the time the bus turned up with no real shelter at the half finish. I won't be going back to this race again.

Advertisement