Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bogtrotters Marathon, 24/7/10

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

2 stars (poor)
    Was going to give Belfast a go to and see how I got on , as I currently stand, and then prepare properly for it next year to improve and progress. But dont tell Krusty;)
    I had entered for the kilomathon but wont be up for it now.
    That is if I can get this damn thing to heel quickly , otherwise I will be doing nought.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

1 star (terrible)
    But dont tell Krusty;)
    I can hardly talk. Three marathons and an ultra so far (though technically it's two marathons and two ultras :)), with another three marathons planned for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

2 stars (poor)
    I did 5 and a short ultra but I promise I will do speedwork and hills once I recover from this.;)
    I know after Barcelona , I said I would cut back but I find anything other than at least a marathon distance uninteresting. I couldnt motivate myself for 10k's etc.
    YOu will have to give me the talk again, when you next see me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

3 stars (average)
    I did 5 and a short ultra but I promise I will do speedwork and hills once I recover from this.;)
    I know after Barcelona , I said I would cut back but I find anything other than at least a marathon distance uninteresting. I couldnt motivate myself for 10k's etc.
    YOu will have to give me the talk again, when you next see me.:D

All the best up in belfast. Ill be rooting for you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I wasn't wearing my Boards singlet, as it was supposed to be a training run (I reserve the Boards singlet for the races!).

Was it yourself that was wearing No.10 and flew past me around mile 20, just after the forest trail and asked me if I was enjoying the marathon run?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

1 star (terrible)
    Aimman wrote: »
    Was it yourself that was wearing No.10 and flew past me around mile 20, just after the forest trail and asked me if I was enjoying the marathon run?:confused:
    Nah, I was wearing 40 (red and white singlet). I thought I ran with you for a bit at the start of the bog section, but it must have been SarsfieldRock.. Oops. Got the Boards usernames mixed up. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

1 star (terrible)
    Nah, I was wearing 40 (red and white singlet). I thought I ran with you for a bit at the start of the bog section, but it must have been SarsfieldRock.. Oops. Got the Boards usernames mixed up. :o

Yep. that was me. But it was just before the bog road at 23 miles. That piece of track (?) wrecked my head. It looked like a right of way that had just had the grass cut after 20 years of non use. You could not run in it without risking injury as you could not see the footing. I had been going along fine up to that but lost the plot a bit after I had to pick my way through that.
    Apart from piece I didn't think the rest was that bad. The hills were rough but you got to go down them as well.
    I did have the Boards singlet on. No 47.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Ah, we might have been running for a little while so, because Sarsfieldrock just passed me with a couple of people right as I was entering that bog section, and then ran with him for a while once I caught back up. I was wearing a blue top, but not a Boards one (waiting for the Boards Technical Top thread to get sorted out to buy one,:rolleyes:)

I just checked the marathon photos and I must have got the numbers wrong anyway, No. 10 finished in 4:40 so it obviously wasnt him that went passed me. Ended up getting snapped in 22 pictures, probably the biggest sighting of me in history, haha. Tempted to get one of the finishing photos keeping yer man off my heels.

Advertisement