Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

/sits on hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Cassidy and Buffy enter to find Black Canary under the control of Ivy. Ivy has come to commune with the green, and hide out, planning her next move, in the abandoned greenhouse at the center of the abandoned botanical garden.
    Surprised by the entry of Cassidy and Buffy, Poison Ivy is first to attack. Using the vines attached to her suit she swings above the two to drop down on them. Cassidy intercepts her, rips her free of the vines and punches her full in her lovely face. Ivy is knocked unconscious against the the wall of the old greenhouse.
    Black Canary following Ivy's lead has attacked Buffy. Using her skills in martial arts when the glass walls rain down in jagged shards.With Ivy no longer conscious her control over the Canary is gone but the song bird is left confused and bleeding. Cassidy and Buffy rush in to finish the pair, before they recover. Much too quickly for the Canary's final song. With Buffy bleeding, but recovering, and the plant they came for safely tucked away the triumphant duo make their get-a-way before the sun rises.

Cassidy and Buffy take the win.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Cassidy and Buffy enter the greenhouse with Poison Ivy and Black Canary hiding in the undergrowth...suddenly Ivy startles them and shooting vines grasp at their legs to hold them in place. Canary tries an ultrasonic attack, it shatters the glass around her and slices into both her and Ivy, giving Cassidy a chance to charge towards them, his healing power working hard...he arrives at Ivy with a solid fist crushing her skull in one fell swoop.

Buffy goes hand-to-hand with Canary, preferred styles for both but vast combat training puts Buffy in the lead, she is just ahead when Cassidy steals the kill, pounding Canary into a gory paste.

Cassidy and Buffy get it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Two powerful but not overly so individuals taking on Poison Ivy inside a botanical garden?

Not only that but Ivy gets to have a partner too, a partner who has excellent fighting skills, is a great tactician, and oh yeah, has a super power that can injure superbeings as powerful as Wonderwoman?

Cassidy and Buffy enter the Botanical gardens and start there search. Ivy knows straight away where they are and has plants emitting spores to slow down and weaken Buffy.

Suddeny vines lash out and grab Cassidy. Not a big deal to him as his strength will allow him to break free within a minute or so. Shame that whilst he is breaking free that Black Canary whisperes to Ivy to use the plants to break all the blocked out windows to allow direct sunlight in on the bound Cassidy.

Cassidy goes boom boom.

It leaves the spore weakened Buffy still in the botanical garden with both Ivy and Canary.

Ivy either continues to weaken Buffy with spores to make her and easy target for either Canary and/or nastier plants or maybe she just uses her abilities to infuence Buffy into becoming her pal and they all go off for a nice bubble bath.

Poison Canary for the win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Kess73 wrote: »
    Suddeny vines lash out and grab Cassidy. Not a big deal to him as his strength will allow him to break free within a minute or so. Shame that whilst he is breaking free that Black Canary whisperes to Ivy to use the plants to break all the blocked out windows to allow direct sunlight in on the bound Cassidy.

Cassidy goes boom boom.

I never said they were fighting during the day.
    Any way Slayer-Vamp ahead 2-1

• Advertisement

I never said they were fighting during the day.
    Any way Slayer-Vamp ahead 2-1

Ahh but you never said that they were fighting at night either, you just showed a botanical garden building in daylight :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Ahh but you never said that they were fighting at night either, you just showed a botanical garden building in daylight :p
    Nocturnal Forum= all fights take place at night unless otherwise specified

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I was going to go for Buffidy until I remembered Canary taking down an army on her own while training to be the next Shiva.

If Ivy and Canary work together, Canary will stalk them through the dense jungle and incapacitate them both (the canary cry should not be discounted as a weapon capable of taking them both out).

Canary is effectively a super powered batman at the moment, I don't see either of the two mentioned having the discipline (Cassidy) or the skill (Giles is good as a mentor but SHIVA ffs) to take her out in surroundings which favour her.

Black Ivy.

Nocturnal Forum= all fights take place at night unless otherwise specified

Ok same scenario for my take on it, except when the vines grab Cassidy, the other vines fall away and reveal that they were covering up a hundreds of UV lights, all switched on and with back up generators.

Cassidy still goes boom boom splat. :) and the same end result for me as well. :)

I was going to go for Buffidy until I remembered Canary taking down an army on her own while training to be the next Shiva.

If Ivy and Canary work together, Canary will stalk them through the dense jungle and incapacitate them both (the canary cry should not be discounted as a weapon capable of taking them both out).

Canary is effectively a super powered batman at the moment, I don't see either of the two mentioned having the discipline (Cassidy) or the skill (Giles is good as a mentor but SHIVA ffs) to take her out in surroundings which favour her.

Black Ivy.

Had totally forgotten that BC was training to be Shiva. May even be a more one sided battle that I originally thought.

• Advertisement

Had totally forgotten that BC was training to be Shiva. May even be a more one sided battle that I originally thought.
    That totally slipped my mind as well. I knew she was good, but Shiva-level? F*** me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Buffy hands out a hiding to both Ivy and Canary, while scowling at Cassidy for falling underneath Ivy's allure.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Buffy hands out a hiding to both Ivy and Canary, while scowling at Cassidy for falling underneath Ivy's allure.

For this reason. + 1 for CassiBuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Cass and Buff are clever in the fact they want to come up with new ideas.

Poison Ivy and Canary are based out of the botanic gardens and Ivy knows the terrain very well.

Ivy and Canary wins this based on the knowledge that Ivy has of the botanic gardens.

4-3 CassiBuff
    CassiBuff advance

BATTLE 10

ANIMAL MAN & WINTER SOLDIER
    Animal_Man_002.jpg203577-8049-winter-soldier_super.jpg

VS

SWAMP THING & DAREDEVIL
    swamp_thing.jpg
    daredevil.jpg

swamp1.jpg

Swamp Thing has asked Daredevil to0 help him deal with a dangerous assassin who is using the nswamps as a hideout. ANimal Man has arrived in the swamp as well after feeling a disturbance in The Red. Upon sighting Animal Man preparing to engage Swamp-Devil Winter Soldier jumps in on his side.

Oh I hate Animal Man. I loved the tv show Manimal as a kid and really should like the powers that Animal Man has, but I don't, so my bias will decide this contest for me. :D

Daredevil takes a nap in a hammock in the middle of the swamp. He can hear both Animal Man and Winter Soldier sneaking in from different directions, still miles off.

DD smiles and goes back to his doze.

Swamp Thing also knows exactly where the two boys are. He shifts his consciousness to a new form near Winter Soldier and engulfs him, forcing plants, mud etc down WS's throat. Swampy thing then shifts his consciousness to the plants inside WS and grows, ripping WS apart from the inside out.

Animal Man is now busy accessing his animal powers, getting ready with the strength of a T Rex, getting local knowledge from the gators and so on. Pretty confident he strolls right up towards the dozing DD in the hammock.

Suddenly the ground beneath Animal Man starts to shift as Swampy has shifted his consciousness again. This time Swampy grows BIG and this time he utilises the powers of the Parliment into his form, so not only is he made up of plants, he also has wood, stone, fire, and water mixed in.

Animal Man knows he is effed and wets himself. Swampy stamps on him, kicks him about and then pulls his head off.

DD smiles as he listens to what is happening, then goes back to his daydream involving Electra and Black Widow.

Swamp Devil for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Damnit!

Winter Soldier/Bucky Cap is one of my favourite characters, but no way himself and Animal Man (he might as well be on his own) are beating Swamp Thing in a swamp. Plus he has Daredevil to contend with too.

Swamp Devil for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The Winter Soldier is giving a detailed dossier on how to defeat his foes. He and Animal Man pick out their areas of position with ease, having a clear view of the Swamp Thing but far enough away to be out of the monster's slimey reach. Daredevil finds it more difficult trying to maneauver through trees instead of buildings, after all, this isn't a simple case of jumping from building to building. Trees are more unstable and branches can break. Sure enough, the Winter Soldier sets up some trees as death traps and tells Animal Man to put himself in a good enough position that DD would have no choice but to unknowingly use the booby trapped trees to get to him. Alas, quick work is made of DD.

That just leaves the Swamp Thing. The Swamp Thing is near indestructable. Swamp Thing FTW. :mad: :pac:

So no one considered the fact that Animal Man can borrow the pistol shrimp's soniluminescent attack? Noise that loud would hurt your ears, DD would be deaf. Also, it's destructive force might put a considerable dent in old Swampy. Course I not voting so who cares what I say.

• Advertisement

Swamp-Devil win.

BATTLE 11

TASKMASTER & GREEN ARROW
    440px-Taskmaster_Head.jpgGreen_Arrow-6.jpg

VS

PUNISHER & GORILLA-MAN

gorillam4.jpgpunisher_says_smile.png

seattle-skyline-at-night-with-the-needle-washington-usa-1-07ze1wtc2i-1024x7681.jpg
    Taskmaster has convinced green Arrow to help him retrieve a dangerous fugitive from justice, Frank Castle. Frank meanwhile has found himself forced to ally with Ken Hale, The Gorilla-Man. Tasky and Arrow finally track down Castle and Hale in Seattle.

I meant to ask this before. Is it the most recent incarnation of each character that we take as canon for the battles? Otherwise we could pick and choose the strongest/weakest version from different stages of a characters career. Say with Green Arrow a person would be able to pick him from earlier in his career when he had little or no hand to hand training and was quite easy to beat in a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yeah, Punisher was an angel once too. Could reach into his jacket and pull out any weapon he could think of.

Yeah, Punisher was an angel once too. Could reach into his jacket and pull out any weapon he could think of.

His newest incarnation is pretty damn powerful too, and comes with some hefty superhuman powers. The old classic Punisher look and character was killed off during the Dark Avengers storyline in 2009
    with Daken cutting off Frank's head, arms etc and then the League Of Monsters patched him back together and powered him up as a Frankenstein's monster type character.
    He is now strong enough to scrap hand to hand with the bigger hitters in the Marvel universe whilst keeping his skill with weapons and the like.

If we go with current incarnations, I cannot see anything other than a FrankenCastle- Gorilla man win.

Taskmaster will watch Green Arrow and become as good a shot as him, and both will pepper FrankenCastle with arrows. Castle will blast back with heavier firepower to force the two boys to take cover.Gorilla man uses this to get in close and engages the boys in a bit of hand to hand combat. He fights well be is outmatched, especially by taskmaster, until he gets mad and fights in a more frenetic manner, throwing off Taskie's ability to copy and predict a style. This alloows GM to last a bit longer against the pairing, but he still ends up gettting a right good kicking from GA and TM.

But the time they spent fighting GM has allowed FrankenCastle to get up close and personal. Now GA and TM are in a close quarters fight with a totally different powerlevel. FC takes out TM before he can latch onto Castle's newer fighting style, he crushes TM's skull.

GA is now one on one with FC. He goes for it with his vast knowledge of fighting styles and martial arts, but he is still only a human in terms of strength and speed, while Frank is now at a different level altogether.

As Green Arrow's blood start to drip down the walls, FC heads back to the streets to do what he has always done best.

Punish.

Franken-Gorilla for the win.

The current Punisher since 2009 for those who have not seen him.
    frankencastle1.jpg

Modern Green Arrow, Classic Punisher. Also thanks for asking this after Scarecrow got eliminated since I really was not looking forward to his whole time with a Qwardian power ring as a member of The Sinestro Corps. Unless specified otherwise though, just go with the most current canon version of each character.

Modern Green Arrow, Classic Punisher. Also thanks for asking this after Scarecrow got eliminated since I really was not looking forward to his whole time with a Qwardian power ring as a member of The Sinestro Corps. Unless specified otherwise though, just go with the most current canon version of each character.

Not really fair then if the Punisher is to be handicapped in what abilities he has, but the likes of the Green Arrow can be the most powerful well trained version.

Classic Punisher is the old version of the Punisher, I think if we use the old version of the Punisher then the old version of Green Arrow etc should be used as well. :p

What I have done all along is tried to use the most recent version of each character, so for Frank Castle that is the FrankenCastle persona that has been in use last year and this year in his comic.

Plus by using the most recent version of any character, it would get people who would not have been into the character to check out what is happening with that character's recent comic/graphic novel, and may open up some cool new stuff for them to check out.

Classic GA as well then. He can still fight, just not Batman level.Coursem yopu could also use the versioon of The Punisher pre-FrankenCastle who had a whole arsenal of superweapons at his disposal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Or you could just say "Punisher- MAX" and this argument would be irrelivant :D

• Advertisement

Or you could just say "Punisher- MAX" and this argument would be irrelivant :D

Shhhhhhhh:D

Advertisement