Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overkill UK Police?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

If/When they do find him, he's not going to go quietly - his mom was hardly clever was she, telling him there's no point living any more? Idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

brummytom wrote: »
    If/When they do find him, he's not going to go quietly - his mom was hardly clever was she, telling him there's no point living any more? Idiot

Maybe she's named on his life insurance policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

im sick of watching the manhunt on Sky but i cant turn it off because i cant find the Raoul Moat control

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Jesus, have you seen the hair on the main policewoman thingy?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Biggins wrote: »
    The SAS it has been announced (this morning) has been called in too.

What use will an airline be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,919 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Anyone who thinks that is Overkill has not seen me come back from a 5 to 1 round in Counterstrike.

They don't happen often, but when you can pull it off, it's magical.

funny, that exact point came up with the work crowd over breakfast today too :D
    and it wasn't even me that made it!

Would save a fortune in taxes, most expensive region in the UK for the government in subsidies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The Gardaí would have got him by now.

darkman2 wrote: »
    The Gardaí would have got him by now.

They must have improved since they were looking for the Mad Dog

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Have they got him surraoulded yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

They must have improved since they were looking for the Mad Dog

Or Prawo Jazdy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

brummytom wrote: »
    Jesus, have you seen the hair on the main policewoman thingy?!

Her name is Sue Sims. I was expecting to see a woman of Asian origin given the name.
    Instead I saw what appears to be a human ferret with a hairstyle fresh from the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Brady

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Her name is Sue Sims. I was expecting to see a woman of Asian origin given the name.
    Instead I saw what appears to be a human ferret with a hairstyle fresh from the 80's.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Excellent oppertunity for a danger **** me thinks with that many police tracking you down

and ffs

Just call Dog The Bounty Hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

They should bring in the US Military to find him. It'll only take them 2-3 years, and a few thousand dead civilians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

They should bring in the US Military to find him. It'll only take them 2-3 years, and a few thousand dead civilians.
    :pac:
    ...and they'd have to invade Ireland too ....just in case! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

That second photo reminds me of Gary Oldman in Leon

"Bring me everyone"

"What do you mean "everyone"?"

"EVERYONE!!!!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

They should go really nuts, rolling around in Tanks adorned with miniguns and flapping strands of ammunition, bowie knives between the teeth, grenades strapped to belts and harrier jets hovering overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Brady wrote: »
    True, i somehow doubt holding a fully automatic machine gun to what looks like a pensioners head is necessary!?

That's a bit odd alright. MAybe they asked him to pose like that or something!
    Further more in the other picture there are at least 2 guys with huge sniper rifles which is of no use close quarters...

Well that's why all the other guys have guns that are of use close up. IF they got a radio message the guy was half a kilometre away those rifles would be pretty handy.
    Im from the north and i can remember when there was a real terrorist threat, it was no were near as bad as that.

I'd say if they were on a capture mission like this they'd have just as much weaponry. And I can't imagine army patrols in south Armagh weren't as armed as above. Sure I was walking past the barracks in coleraine a few weeks ago when a soldier came to the gates to get a delivery and he had a gun bigger than the machine guns in that photo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Hey,

Im sure all of you's have been reading the story about this massive police manhunt for Raoul Moat.

Having read some of the latest developments and checking out the images i couldnt believe hardware on display of the UK police force (check out attachements)

Is it just me or is this overkill?!

Images are Sourced from BBC Newswebsite

Not overkill imo.

If they didnt have the full force out people would complain, but when they do have the force out, people still complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Brendygg wrote: »
    im sick of watching the manhunt on Sky but i cant turn it off because i cant find the Raoul Moat control

Okay, I laughed and felt bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

A piece on the radio this morning had an interview with a forensic psychologist.

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/49/thursday/2/

Basically said that he thinks Raoul Moat is going to die one way or the other, either by suicide or cop suicide.

Harldy overkill when it's a mad murdering gunman on the loose who wants to go out in a blaze of glory.

Brendygg wrote:
    :D clever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I say they should send in Vic Mackey.

He'd have the guy caught in under one day with enough time left to rob the Armenian mob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well we don't know if the Brits have special forces deployed, or if they can even use the military as an aid to the civil power's.

But in this country the Defence Forces would have been deployed in the search efforts much earlier in the search.

This is the kind of thing soldier's excel in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

It's all over the news over here, and i have to say I did think it was all a bit overkill, but can now understand the psychological tactic behind it. Apparently he has waged war on the wider public now, so they are stepping their search..still finding it hard to believe they haven't found him yet tho, they've found two places he slept rough so far..

..but didn't the police release a statement the day before , where the individual stated, paraphrasing here " the general public were not at risk":confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

sxt wrote: »
    ..but didn't the police release a statement the day before , where the individual stated, paraphrasing here " the general public were not at risk":confused:
    He has declared war on the general public as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Is it just me?!

I hope its just you, the wanna be Ned Kelly wants to go out in a hail of bullets like some white trash idol, i hope they oblige...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Well we don't know if the Brits have special forces deployed, or if they can even use the military as an aid to the civil power's.

But in this country the Defence Forces would have been deployed in the search efforts much earlier in the search.

This is the kind of thing soldier's excel in.

Indeed. Without the help of the Irish Defence Forces, Don Tidey may never have been found. Pte Patrick Kelly died when the team of Gardai and soldiers successfully found him that day in the woods of Derrada but unfortunately it disturbed his terrorist captors too.

RIP Private Kelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    He has declared war on the general public as well
    i imagine he'd probably change his mind if all of them appeared all tooled up outside his tent.

Advertisement