Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your daily forecasts from Boards.ie weather forum (NO CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,170 ✭✭✭✭km79

any updates on tnights rain i.e. timing , regional intensities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

km79 wrote: »
    any updates on tnights rain i.e. timing , regional intensities?

Come morning the heaviest rain moves in and especially hits the western areas .

10070406_0312.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

redsunset wrote: »
    Come morning the heaviest rain moves in and especially hits the western areas .

10070406_0312.gif

For some reason i'm looking forward to the rain, i hope it buckets down like hell and then thunders down!:D

owenc wrote: »
    For some reason i'm looking forward to the rain, i hope it buckets down like hell and then thunders down!:D

HOLEY BALALONEY Owenc, you could knock me down with a feather !! You looking forward to rain?? Theres a first LOL.
    Good man! get out and get a bit wet.:D

So, are we expecting a deluge tonight? Will Dublin get any? Again , the garden needs it.
    Thanks guys :)

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »
    HOLEY BALALONEY Owenc, you could knock me down with a feather !! You looking forward to rain?? Theres a first LOL.
    Good man! get out and get a bit wet.:D

Yes but only if it rains heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

UPDATE _ Saturday 3 July _ 7:20 pm

Thanks weather forum guys for helping out, I am enjoying a nice rest here and just popped in to offer a brief update on developing events tonight.

Fronts are far out to the west at this time (around 25W) and racing east, hence the concern about wind gusts when they come through, which I would time for about 0400-0600 in Mayo to about 0700-1000 in Ulster and Leinster.

Expect some gusts to about 55 mph in exposed locations and 40 mph generally for a few hours, from a SW direction veering more to west.

Squally showers will accompany this and there could be some thunder especially further east. Average rainfall amounts will probably be in the 5-15 mm range, heavier towards Ulster.

The impact of these winds may appear to be a little less in southeast inland counties although all coastal districts will see some strong gusts. I hope someone from the weather forum has a chance to discuss the radar from 0600 to 0900 in case there are any locally severe storms across south-central inland counties (I won't likely have access by then). I would say at this early stage that there is some risk of localized wind damage from fast-moving cells with some hail possible too.

Looks as though Tuesday afternoon may also be quite windy in Connacht.

Otherwise, there are already demands that I get back to doing nothing, or is it the grass needs cutting? Anyway, batten down the hatches as they say. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Any forecast for Oxegen please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Not strictly the usual homemade boards.ie forecast but there is a severe weather warning issued by ESTOFEX for severe wind gusts and tornadoes in northern parts (ie. Coleraine!) today.

http://www.estofex.org

yep system approached at a higher angle giving some locally fast moving downpours to Ulster.

This image taken at 05.45
    119003.JPG

• Advertisement

There's been no sign of severe convective weather on the radar so far, with the band of rain tending to weaken as it's been crossing the country this morning. But the strongest of the gradient winds have yet to arrive this morning, and coupled with some decent showers behind the cold front, there still is potential for the scenario MT points out above.

As of 8 am system looping away toward Scotland but still heavy stuff arond north.

119004.JPG

Su Campu,I've had a problem trusting our own Met Eireann radar before.

119005.JPG

Metoffice shows some cells in there.

I did a comparison before of the two radars in real time and ours was not up to scratch for representing rain intensity,but anyway if some one up there can confirm anything it would help (Owenc???)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

119005.JPG

I did a comparison before of the two radars in real time and ours was not up to scratch for representing rain intensity,but anyway if some one up there can confirm anything it would help (Owenc???)

I agree, but I've learned not to trust the UK met office radar either. While our radar underplays intensity, UK radar very often overplays it.

119005.JPG

I don't know but when i got up at 9 it wasn't raining at all and again we didn't get much rain either. Though its windy, i thought this was to last till midday and its gone already!

owenc wrote: »
    I don't know but when i got up at 9 it wasn't raining at all and again we didn't get much rain either. Though its windy, i thought this was to last till midday and its gone already!

That image was before 6am and yes it already cleared now,ya slept through it

That image was before 6am and yes it already cleared now,ya slept through it

Well the suns out now and according to the bbc it was ment to be raining nuts now!:mad:

I agree, but I've learned not to trust the UK met office radar either. While our radar underplays intensity, UK radar very often overplays it.

Ok so lets call it somewhere inbetween then.

Should not have to though.

Anyway lets not ruin the forecasting thread any further debating it.

That's what I get for trusting the limited info I can access on my fone!! :-D

No sign of M.T yet so a quick forecast.

Today:
    Bright fresh day with a chance of a shower or two. Wind light to moderate W. Highs of around 17c-19c on average. Tonight: Winds falling off as they back southerly. Mostly fine with just the risk of a shower near coasts.

Tomorrow:
    A bright start with cloud increasing during the day with some rain or drizzle developing towards the west & northwest by afternoon. Winds increasing moderate to fresh during the day overland, fresh to strong near NW coasts. Feeling more humid than today with highs of between 17c and 21c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Is MT ok?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

ch750536 wrote: »
    Is MT ok?

On holidays I think .

On holidays I think .

Yep, not exactly sure when he will be back though. Hopefully soon! :)

A poor substitute forecast in the meantime.

Today
    : Increasingly cloudy, mild and moist weather spreading to all parts with some rain at times. Increasingly breezy also with moderate to fresh southerly winds overland, fresh to strong near exposed coasts. Highest 17c to 21c. Tonight: Still some rain/drizzle in places but slowly clearing from the NW towards morning.

Tomorrow:
    Overnight rain may be slow to clear the SE but generally a mild, breezy day with the chance of a shower.

As always, timings are never pinpoint certain, but feel free to update should it be called for. :)

MT's on vacation and will be back on the 12th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Hi All

Im going Greyhound Racing in Shelbourne Park this Saturday 10th July

Should I be expecting lovely and Sunny or a wash out

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭secman

I've seen you, you havn't a chance running against the dogs !

Friday is due to be bad but i think forecast for Sat is fairly ok.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Yes, I'm okay, on holidays ... thought I might get more time to look at the forecasts but my access is somewhat limited by a big crowd of people all staying here (family gathering) ... and then last night (like 0530 your time) I was actually going to post a forecast and the power went out, then stayed out until well after I packed it in. Some kind of mishap on the road, and this being quite an isolated place. I have posted a picture below, perhaps this will explain my absence from the computer too. :D Anyway, DE and some others have kindly kept things going and from what I can see, there isn't that much going on that isn't already well known to everyone, so I will stay with the holiday idea until maybe next Monday. I enjoyed the bit above about racing the greyhounds.

Anyway, here's a picture of paradise, weather has been improving too, 27 C and sunny on Tuesday, expecting 30 C each day rest of the week. You may have heard, it is ungodly hot in the eastern cities, NYC had 39 C for a high, same in DC and Baltimore was 40 C -- although it's not as humid as some of their heat waves, dew points were as low as 10 C while this heat developed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice one MT!

Would you not brush other family members aside off the computer and tell them you have work of (Irish) national importance to do? :p

Only joking of course. Enjoy your break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Nice photo. I think I see Bear Grylles across the lake :pac:

Advertisement