Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hee hee :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Vader & Hellboy

Vader is pretty much untouchable in this fight, unless Bats and Prometheus can somehow defeat him faster than the speed of thought, which is highly unlikely.

Looking at the list of entrants, Vader is looking fairly overpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I would fancy Hellboy against either Prom or Bats, so giving him a partner like Vader just tips the scales even further.

Hellboy-Vader for the win.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I think Prometheus using the crooked house key might get an edge here.

He can use it to get in close to Vader and strike quick with Shiva's fighting knowledge to kill with his tonfa thing he uses to fight people with super human strength.

Hellboy is damn good but both Bats and Promethues put super people down all the time. Whatever about taking Batman down, in this fight Hellboy has to put down Batman and THEN he has to fight batman plus.

I'm voting for batmetheus which will prob shock people who have seen me vote in these things before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Hellboy and Vader advance in a shocking 6-1 victory.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

BATTLE 4
    MAX GUEVARA
    dark-angel-tv-07.jpg
    &

SOLOMON GRUNDY
    solomon_grundy.gif

VS

JOKER & DRACULA
    dracula.jpg26270_11_18_2009_6_24_59_PM_-_joker.jpg

Joker-Land(currently undergoing renovations)
    218f91f0a9c6e2ef081f02c6e3ed4976-orig.jpg

Max has followed the trail of a possible cure for her to be able to touch the man she loves without killing him. Along the way she has found what she assumes is another failed Manticore experiment. The cure exists, unfortunately Joker has recently made a new ally as well who would rather have these uninvited guests for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hmmm tough one.

Marvel's Dracula is quite a tough cookie with strength levels about that of the Thing coupled with his many other abilities. His ability to control animals could allow him to influence Max's feline side.

The Joker is no match for Max or Solomon, and is the weak link on his team, and I say that despite him being one of my favourite DC characters.

I think I will go with Max and Solomon. Divide and conquer being their route to the win. Solomon engages Dracula, and with a strength level that has matched Superman's in the past, he should be well able to more than hold his own.

Meanwhile Max is head to head with the Joker. Despite his cunning, ruthlessness and insanity, he is still just a regular human in physical terms, so against a peak Max looking for blood, he will not be lasting very long.

With the Joker dead, Max can help out Solomon if he needs the help.

If Dracula had a different partner, I would most likely have gone with him for the win though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kess73 wrote: »
    Hmmm tough one.

Marvel's Dracula is quite a tough cookie with strength levels about that of the Thing coupled with his many other abilities. His ability to control animals could allow him to influence Max's feline side.

The Joker is no match for Max or Solomon, and is the weak link on his team, and I say that despite him being one of my favourite DC characters.

I think I will go with Max and Solomon. Divide and conquer being their route to the win. Solomon engages Dracula, and with a strength level that has matched Superman's in the past, he should be well able to more than hold his own.

Meanwhile Max is head to head with the Joker. Despite his cunning, ruthlessness and insanity, he is still just a regular human in physical terms, so against a peak Max looking for blood, he will not be lasting very long.

With the Joker dead, Max can help out Solomon if he needs the help.

If Dracula had a different partner, I would most likely have gone with him for the win though.

I like this logic immensely and I agree with it.

Drac is very, really powerful, but so is Solomon. And I don't think Jokers got what it takes to take Max out. Whereas Max could prob stand a chance against Drac and Joker'd need to be on top form and outsmart Solomon as he'd snap him like a twig.

Solomax ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dracula to manipulate the mind of Max and slit her throat when she is hypotized by his gaze. He makes quick work of her so this allows him and the Joker to double team Solomon.

Grundy has a healing factor like Dracula. Superstrength like Dracula. Will be immune to any of Dracula's "magical" tricks such as the manipulation of the mind. Even though there are two of them against Grundy, I can't see how they can defeat him.

SoloMax FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Joker is very fond of using weapons to make up for his lack of physical strength, still find it hard to see him as the victor but Dracula hypnotizes Max
    rendering her momentarily useless. Thus pitting Dracula against Solomon. Both have super human strength but Solomon is not the sharpest tack so Dracula could distract him and then Joker blows them to the four winds with one of his crazy weapons. (Drac has shape-shifted and removed himself from the area.)
    Solomon will return at some point I suppose- he always does- but for now he's beaten.
    Dracula and Joker for the win.

• Advertisement

3-1 SoloMax

Dracula is a very powerfull fighter, Joker is just as smart and slippery.

I think they would take Max handy enough, with trickery and may even slow down the big man, how they take him out I'm not sure on. but these two lads have been around a very long time and survived many battles, they would find a way.

Dracula-Joker

Fight back is underway. 3-2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Max is very smart and above human in her strength and reactions. She can normally figure out most problems, and I sure wouldn't want to bet against her... normally.

Tonight our dear Max and her new acquaintance have stumbled into the wrong land... Joker Land. While not the equivalent of the lair of Arcade, Max and Solomon are on Joker's home turf. Plenty of booby traps and interesting surprises.

Dracula and Joker confuse the pair, Joker taunting Grundy and disappearing down a number of blind alleys between rides, slowing Grundy down with a number of deadly traps. Meanwhile Dracula leads Max on a super-human chase, both using their superior speed and agility to reach new heights and eventually end up on top of the ghost house. Up close, Dracula hypnotises Max, feeds on her and then guides her enthralled body to the edge of the roof, allowing her to step off into the air and impale herself on a the rusted spikes of a giant hoop-toss game. Max doesn't know what happened, but she knows she has a massive spike going through her ribcage and can't get off it, gurgling to her death as blood fills her lungs.

Grundy is copping onto Jokers wild goose chase and is just starting to smash his way straight through the fairground debris, like the Juggernaut, b*tch. Grundy finally thinks he has Joker, when Dracula appears between them and the physical battle begins. Dracula, pumped after dining on Max's genetically enhanced blood, goes toe-to-toe with Grundy,not quite having him for strength, but moving far faster and with fight experience centuries old. Distracted by Dracula, Joker retrieves a special package.

The timer ticks away as he slaps his special toy onto Grundy's back. Grundy reacts slowly, but his "huh?" is too late, the alarm rings on an old-skool alarm clock and Dracula disappears with Joker as a massive explosion blows Grundy into different parts across the fairground.

Winner: Dracula & Joker

Twenty-four hours have passed and we has the first tie of the tournament. Per the rules tie-breaker vote goes to......
    Micky Dolenz.You have eight hours to change your vote if you wish sir, otherwise team J-D advances.

I'm not for changing, :)

Joker and Drac emerge victorious after a hard fought battle. Next battle to be posted after I gets some sleep

BATTLE 5

XENOMORPH & GHOST RIDER
    Fullview_Xenomorph.PNGghost-rider.jpg

VS.

THE CROW & JONAH HEX
    Tri-2.jpg
    jonah_hex_blood_axe.jpg

Devil2.jpg
    Returned fropm death to seek justice Eric Draven has found an unlikely ally in the form of a time-lost gunfighter. Hex has failed to mention he is being pursued by Ghost Rider and what the rider mistakenly believes is an innocent visitor from space who seeks vengeance for Hex murdering several of it's kin.

Ghost Rider ricks up to the two lads, The Crow being a sensible chap, explains quickly of the misunderstanding between himself and Hex.

Ghost Rider listens but is distracted as his ally Alien attacks, Alien does not listen to words. The Crow and Hex return and defend, forcing Ghost rider to fight.

This could have ended peacefully, but Ghost Rider and Alien have too much for the Crow and Hex.

Alien-Rider for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Alien-Rider

The lack of logic of alien would kick things off post-haste and The whole "Burning souls" deal with ghost rider would destroy the other two,it's a weakness they can't defend

• Advertisement

Alien-Rider 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Bit of mismatch really. Yeah the Crow is hard to kill unless you know his secret, and Hex is a skilled fighter...

But Ghost Rider is apparently one of the most powerful beings on Earth, and while he may let the Crow slip by (even though the Crow has killed) he'll most definitely make Hex re-live all the pain he has caused and drag his soul to hell in a blaze, Johnny Blaze! :)

So, I see it going down similarly to the other guys. Alien will just lay into the boys, most likely killing both of them (I don't care how good Hex is, unprepared for a Xenomorph, yer gonna be screwed without massive artillery.) The Crow will keep getting back up, but Ghostrider and all his links to the mystic,god, hell and all that shiz, well he'll know about the Crow and just whip a chain in that chancer's ass!

I haven't looked at the rest of the combatants (all about the surprises me) but I fear Ghostrider may be too powerful for the competition.

Fewcifur wrote: »

I haven't looked at the rest of the combatants (all about the surprises me) but I fear Ghostrider may be too powerful for the competition.
    I may have to restrict him a bit in later matches. Maybe just the Danny Ketch edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jonah Hex takes a slice out of the Xenomorph, only for its acid blood to fall on the nearby source of Eric Draven's power, leaving the bird dead. Eric puts up an admirable fight but is sliced and diced by the Xenomorph.

Ghost Rider makes quick work of a distracted Hex and makes him relive all of the souls he has taken. Hex may not feel guilty about most but the last image of him inadvertantly killing Eric Draven is too much for him to bare.

The Xeno-Rider FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Xenomorph is not immune to bullets at least not up close.Hex is not a guy to back away. Xeno is susceptible to fire. Lots of fire in Detroit tonight. Hex blasts away at the Xeno driving it back into the flames of a burning house.
    Ghost Rider, still believing Hex to be the killer of innocent aliens takes out Hex.
    That leaves Ghost and Crow. Not sure you can kill a dead man but Ghost will send Crow back to his grave. May be a battle of wills. So, although Xeno has fallen the Ghost Rider is a clear winner, so that team emerges victorius.

Ghost Rider and Xenomorph

Time has expired and Xenomorph- Ghost Rider advance to Round 2. Next battle coming up.

BATTLE 6

VS
    2507602603_6a11468b0d.jpg
    The Hood has come to Gotham to recruit Scarecrow as a new member of The Night Shift. Unfortunately Vandal Savage has come looking for Professor Crane with a new friend whose species still remembers him from millennia ago.

Can't see how Scare Hood could cause a threat to Savage Predator. Savage is immortal and very old, so wise. Hood is human effectively so would the weakest of the four imo.

Scare's is the third weakest of the four, so his partnership with Hood does not bode will for the future. I can't see them beating the other two.

Savage Predator far too strong and take this one easily.

Can't see how Scare Hood could cause a threat to Savage Predator. Savage is immortal and very old, so wise. Hood is human effectively so would the weakest of the four imo.

Scare's is the third weakest of the four, so his partnership with Hood does not bode will for the future. I can't see them beating the other two.

Savage Predator far too strong and take this one easily.
    1. Savage can potentially die. Just takes more killing than most.
    2. Are we forgetting Scarecrow's potential to become the Scarebeast?

• Advertisement

1. Savage can potentially die. Just takes more killing than most.
    2. Are we forgetting Scarecrow's potential to become the Scarebeast?

Nope, am forgetting nothing, them Boys are screwed, good and proper :P :pac:

Advertisement