Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landis admits doping, points finger at LA - Please read Mod Warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

ROK ON wrote: »
    I must say I get a bit fed up of the banking comparisons. There is a behavioural difference in that stupidity is allowable (leveraging the tail end of a bull mkt), cheating is not (doping, insider dealing etc etc).

Stupidity? Cheating I think is a pretty apt description of the banking situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SACH Central

NickDrake wrote: »
    This is a great day for cycling and finally puts to bed LA. It was easy to see LA was blood doping. His levels stayed the same throughout the Tours and indeed did last year.

The man is a cheat and always will be. No test for HGh back then. So he was all over it. No test for blood transfusions. Dodgy tests for EPO unless abused right up untill 2006.

Absolutely delighted

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭biker_joe

Lumen
    Do you think that the Olympics are clean ???? Don't think so !!!

I would think once you have doped the once and got away with it .. I would imagine it would be very hard to just stop and count your blessings ....

I would like to think that they are all clean, or innocent until proven guilty .. but in the case of cycling it's the other way around !!!!

Having watched alot of cycling over the years.. I always take results with a pinch of salt cos for the most part the results do become null and void in alot of cases .due to doping etc ....( take all of lance's Tour Podiums, is there one clean podium out of the 7 ? )

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Lol at everyone thinking this affects anything. Multimillionaire 7 time TDF champion, with team of liars vs proven cheat and now admitted liar.

It's plain as day there's a question mark over LA. Is this conclusive proof? Absolutely not. If you've only made your mind up, either way, after Landis' emails, then you need to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

me@ucd wrote: »
    that boy really is as thick a pig shit, that is all.

oh and anyone taking bets on him being found not moving in an apartment ala pantani? I'd give him max 2 years.

For a moment I thought "that boy" meant Pat Kenny, and you were making a tasteful reference to Gerry Ryan...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

biker_joe wrote: »
    .( take all of lance's Tour Podiums, is there one clean podium out of the 7 ? )

Joe

The podiums tend to be spotless. It's the junkies on top which are the problem ;)

For the record I know people in the medical support system for the Sky team and would have absolutely no worries about them at all. There's certainly no organised doping going on there.

ha ha Rob !! you said it !!! :D

but I still reckon there ain't a clean one ... but each one had an untouchable !!
    So if the guy who came 2nd or 3r was caught .... what was the guy doing to come 1st ?????? :eek:

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Lumen

I would think once you have doped the once and got away with it .. I would imagine it would be very hard to just stop and count your blessings ....

No I don't think that the Olympics is clean, but you're suggesting that Wiggins doped throughout his consistently successful 11 year track career, then continued in his transition to road racing, without once getting caught or attracting allegations, despite slagging the dopers. That's a bit hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Lance is a douche. Outrage if someone accuses him of something and yet he has a little dig at Cancellara over this "hidden motor" thing. Maybe at this stage he thinks he is above suspicion, after all not liking Lance = loving cancer.

I feel sorry for Landis, maybe he should have tried to get others to speak out at the same time. Like you guys have said, he has zero credibility and everyone is hopping on this to shoot the whole thing down. Does it not even warrant investigation or are these just the rantings of a madman?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Perhaps the real competition is in who can dope the best. You have to hand it to Lance, he is the most tested athlete in the world and has never been caught...

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    No I don't think that the Olympics is clean, but you're suggesting that Wiggins doped throughout his consistently successful 11 year track career, then continued in his transition to road racing, without once getting caught or attracting allegations, despite slagging the dopers. That's a bit hard to believe.

He also went through a complete metamorphosis. He wasn't beating all the skinny climbers as a big powerful rider, he was a skinny climber beating other skinny climbers.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Perhaps the real competition is in who can dope the best. You have to hand it to Lance, he is the most tested athlete in the world and has never been caught...

Or else gets caught and just has a bigger cheque book than everyone else....

Lumen

I would like to think that they are all clean, or innocent until proven guilty .. but in the case of cycling it's the other way around !!!!

Having watched alot of cycling over the years.. I always take results with a pinch of salt cos for the most part the results do become null and void in alot of cases .due to doping etc ....( take all of lance's Tour Podiums, is there one clean podium out of the 7 ? )

Joe
    It's definitely not the same thing. Wiggins may well have won the Olympics clean; he'd been training, and winning on the track his entire life. The difference lies in the fact that he was able to go from also-ran to contender on the road.

the type of doping required to wn on the track vs the road are totally different also. The hematocrit levels are not nearly as affected by track racing, than the wear and tear of a 3 week road race.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    He also went through a complete metamorphosis. He wasn't beating all the skinny climbers as a big powerful rider, he was a skinny climber beating other skinny climbers.

Hence the nickname 'Twiggo'.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Does it not even warrant investigation or are these just the rantings of a madman?

USADA and the feds are investigating. WADA has also just said they'll investigate

el tonto wrote: »
    USADA and the feds are investigating. WADA has also just said they'll investigate

and they already haven't in the 4 years since Landis failed his test and lost the yellow Jersey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I would be astonished if the bribery allegation goes uninvestigated.

yes lets get back to Tom Cruise and his team of lawyers !!! eh I meant to say ... pants armstrong !!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lumen

Joe

In my memory the only "clean" podium finishers were maybe LeMond, Evans, possibly Sastre (but wary of the ONCE connection). Caahrly Mottet and Eric Caritoux were also supposed to be "clean" and they podiumed in grand tours.
    I've grave doubts about almost everyone else.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

davyjose wrote: »
    and they already haven't in the 4 years since Landis failed his test and lost the yellow Jersey?

USADA were the ones who issued his suspension.

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    In my memory the only "clean" podium finishers were maybe LeMond, Evans, possibly Sastre (but wary of the ONCE connection). Caahrly Mottet and Eric Caritoux were also supposed to be "clean" and they podiumed in grand tours.
    I've grave doubts about almost everyone else.

Nevermind the ONCE connection, it's the Riis one I would be concerned about !! :eek:

Nevermind the ONCE connection, it's the Riis one I would be concerned about !! :eek:

The two of them had a very difficult relationship by all accounts.

USADA were the ones who issued his suspension.

Exactly, so anything the say they're going to investigate now, is just lip-service.

Exactly, so anything the say they're going to investigate now, is just lip-service.

Eh? Last time out they were investigating his 2006 positive test. Now it's career length doping and allegations about other riders and directors.

Eh? Last time out they were investigating his 2006 positive test. Now it's career length doping and allegations about other riders and directors.

I have to say, I'm still not convinced. I'm not sure they're going to topple the LA house of cards, merely because an already proven cheat decided to come clean.

If they were waiting for Landis to make this admission before investigating the USPS team Landis was a part of, then they're bumbling fools, tbh.

I have to say, I'm still not convinced. I'm not sure they're going to topple the LA house of cards, merely because an already proven cheat decided to come clean.

If they were waiting for Landis to make this admission before investigating the USPS team Landis was a part of, then they're bumbling fools, tbh.

He's the first person who has come out and not only admitted doing it, but said he saw everyone else doing it to. Contrast that with Andreau, for example, who would only admit his own guilt and say nothing about Armstrong.

He's the first person who has come out and not only admitted doing it, but said he saw everyone else doing it to. Contrast that with Andreau, for example, who would only admit his own guilt and say nothing about Armstrong.

Yeah, but that brings us back to "proven cheat and liar says Armstrong used drugs". I can't see how that carrys any weight.

Surely any viable, tangible evidence is now long gone?

It's not a credibility issue with Armstrong - it's a proof issue.

Yeah, but that brings us back to "proven cheat and liar says Armstrong used drugs". I can't see how that carrys any weight.

Surely any viable, tangible evidence is now long gone?

It's not a credibility issue with Armstrong - it's a proof issue.

Something tells me Landis would not stick his neck on the line unless he can back himself up. He's already said he kept detailed training diaries throughout those years. His last line in that email also sounds ominious "Look forward to much more detail as soon as you can demonstrate that you can be trusted to do the right thing."

Something tells me Landis would not stick his neck on the line unless he can back himself up.

Perhaps, but right now, Armstrong issue aside, he looks pretty damn stupid. He's a bone fide cheat, and worst of all he made money out of his lies. he's an out-and-out clown, IMO.

This isn't (supposed to be) an anti-Landis rant, but if you're counting on the guy to mastermind the collapse of the Lance Armstrong machine, expect to be disappointed. that's all I'm saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

oh you mean not like "big mig" hes got big engine - honest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement