Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat Tries To Revive Dying Friend

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Been done already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

If im ever hurt i dont want one of ye feckers standing on my chest and licking my face!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Ahw.. the poor thing.. that'd bring a tear to a glass eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Looks like he was trying to make it comfy to lie on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If im ever hurt i dont want one of ye feckers standing on my chest and licking my face!!

Don't be such a pussy. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Proof that cats are evil... he was checking him for his wallet and phone. The little scumbag.

He whispered in his ear "Try stop me now, ha!"...

Evil I tell ya, evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

If they were locked in a room he wouldn't be long eating her. Friend or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Play him off Keyboard Cat

Jumpy wrote: »
    Looks like he was trying to make it comfy to lie on.

Or tenderised to make digestible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Apologies if this is already posted, but I can't see anything. I beseech you to watch this video and not die a little inside.

Its technique is all wrong.
    It's 30 compressions, 2 breaths X5.
    It didn't even call for help.
    FFS...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Meh, I already saw it in a Star Wars movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Thanks a lot Feeky. Now I'm crying. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

This is how I feel after watching it:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

i can haz defibrillator?

bronte wrote: »
    Thanks a lot Feeky. Now I'm crying. :(

My logic was - if I'm miserable about a Turkish cat on a bank holiday weekend, everybody else should be too.

Sowwy. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

hes jus sweeping....right?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Let him have it, its not wise to upset a wookiee.

My logic was - if I'm miserable about a Turkish cat on a bank holiday weekend, everybody else should be too.

Sowwy. :(

'S ok, I've just put it on my facebook. Spread the :(:(:(

I'm getting a cat. I've just decided. My Labrador won't be too happy but fúck her when she sees the video she'll understand.

• Advertisement

I miss my Fluffy! :(:(:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That is sad. The cat was doing what it would do to get affection from its parent when it was a kitten. Thats why cats will knead their owners laps with their paws. They see them as their parent or sibling. It would have been very stressed when it wasnt responding, so it would paw harder as it does in the vid. So yea that is sad to watch.

I spotted a magpie in my garden gently pecking another dead magpie. Its mate? I have no idea. It was doing this for a while, but clearly not in an aggressive way. I went outside and against form it didnt try to fly away. It actually became aggressive with me as I came closer. Slowly I got closer and closer and it calmed down. I stroked the dead one and it sat less than two feet from me watching. I went off and came back with a trowel and buried the dead one. All the while this wild magpie watched me from feet away, chirping all the time. And then it left.

I'm defo not one for anthropomorphising animals, but I do acknowledge that emotion and suffering dont have a cut off point with humans.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I give them both a 9.6 on the Dawson scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭glanman

Wibbs wrote: »
    That is sad. The cat was doing what it would do to get affection from its parent when it was a kitten. Thats why cats will knead their owners laps with their paws. They see them as their parent or sibling. It would have been very stressed when it wasnt responding, so it would paw harder as it does in the vid. So yea that is sad to watch.

I spotted a magpie in my garden gently pecking another dead magpie. Its mate? I have no idea. It was doing this for a while, but clearly not in an aggressive way. I went outside and against form it didnt try to fly away. It actually became aggressive with me as I came closer. Slowly I got closer and closer and it calmed down. I stroked the dead one and it sat less than two feet from me watching. I went off and came back with a trowel and buried the dead one. All the while this wild magpie watched me from feet away, chirping all the time. And then it left.

I'm defo not one for anthropomorphising animals, but I do acknowledge that emotion and suffering dont have a cut off point with humans.

top story about the magpie... I'm normally pretty cold hearted but cats just get me everytime... this is probably the saddest thing i have seen on video and i was expecting a funny vid... I miss my cat who died 6 months ago:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I tried not to cry...it didnt work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

awwww,he was trying to lift him up by the end:( :(
    He looked so sad:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

sad-cat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I beseech you to watch this video and not die a little inside.

I didn't die a little inside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

alwaysadub wrote: »
    awwww,he was trying to lift him up by the end:( :(
    He looked so sad:(
    Because he was sad and confused. Our human intellect may cover the emotion in symbolism and culture, but the emotion underneath is very real and visceral. Our hubris can often cloud that.

That magpie I mentioned. All the while I was stroking its dead mate/sibling it was looking at me and the dead one. Literally feet away. I must have looked like the statue of liberty in size to it but somewhere in its mind it understood I wasnt a threat and I do believe in some way it also understood I was respecting the dead one. I dont believe in an intellectual cause and effect way, but in an instinctive way. While an "animal" may not comprehend its own extinction, it does comprehend when the familiar is not longer familiar. That is something we all share.

That said it has been observed that elephants, wolves and the great apes show definite signs of grief. The latter in particular, but it doesnt mean other animals dont.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

That said it has been observed that elephants, wolves and the great apes show definite signs of grief. The latter in particular, but it doesnt mean other animals dont.

I haven't witnessed it first-hand, but I've heard of rabbits and guinea pigs grieving over the death of a fellow pet that it's friends with. I heard a story - I forget where - about a guinea pig and a rabbit who were bonded. Whenever the guinea pig would call out, the rabbit would go over to it and they would start playing.

When the rabbit died the guinea pig didn't realise and would keep calling for it. When the rabbit didn't come it would get distressed and sad.

So apparently you're supposed to leave the deceased pet alone for a day or two, so any of its friends can come to terms that it's dead. Which makes sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

well that was hard to watch :( so sad. i is covered in snot and tears now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I hate saying this, especially considering I'm normally of the "animals are people too!!11" variety, but..

The live cat is CLEARLY humping the dead one at just under a minute in. You may not want to see it because everyone loves a sob story, but I hate to break it to ya, kids: he ain't a heartbroken friend, he's a necrophiliac gettin' it on.

Still crying now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

liah wrote: »
    I hate saying this, especially considering I'm normally of the "animals are people too!!11" variety, but..

The live cat is CLEARLY humping the dead one at just under a minute in. You may not want to see it because everyone loves a sob story, but I hate to break it to ya, kids: he ain't a heartbroken friend, he's a necrophiliac gettin' it on.

Still crying now?

You just don't care for cats =p It obviously wasn't trying to revive it, it probably never even went to meowdical school.. But it was trying to make it react to it's presence. I don't know what level of emotion cats have, if any, but that one did look as if it was feeling something (other than randy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I don't know what level of emotion cats have, if any, but that one did look as if it was feeling something (other than randy)

Well,my granddad had a cat for a good few years,it was just the 2 of them in the house, and when he died at home, (Granddad, not the cat) Daisy the cat was found curled up beside him crying.

We took Daisy in, and a few days later she disappeared. Got a call few days later from Granddad's neighbour to say Daisy was sitting on the doorstep of Granddad's flat. The cat had managed to find it's way back from my house in Tallaght, to where it lived in Rathmines, which is a fair ould distance for a cat.
    She came back to us anyway for a few more years,then she got sick and went missing. We actually think she went back to Rathmines to die.

So,since then,i do now think cats have more emotion that people give them credit for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Des Carter

OMG its like something from a Disney movie.

So sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Des Carter

Hey heres a squirrel protecting its dead friend from crows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I was expecting the other cat to get up at the end.

Why can't life be more like the movies?
    Stupid, sucky reality.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Being 22 year old guy and a cat owner, had me tears that :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

You could see the anguish on its face, so sad.

I'm going to go find my cat to give her a cuddle now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

penguins do it too, dont they?

(my vast knowledge is gleaned from that morgan freeman documentary :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ilovebiology

Thats the saddest video I have ever saw. Brought a tear to me eye, the poor cat :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

aw that is so sad :(

Cats are very sensitive, when one of our cats died, we couldn't mention its name around the other cat or it would become distressed.
    We had one cat who adopted a kitten from up the road whos mother had died, as one of her own kittens, aw nice cat. The kitten did then breastfeed off the cat till a disturbingly old age though :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

That is sad :(

Different animals try different techniques, cats generally tend to lick. That cat did lick the others face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Alternative view. Stray cat comes across body of other stray and thinks hmmm a meal . The dead cat is stiff from rigamortise and the other cat is trying to knead the meat to tenderise it.

Cats can not carry out heart massage or mouth to mouth, and as Liah has said he is also trying to hump it.

Cat people always amaze me .

lonad wrote: »
    Alternative view. Stray cat comes across body of other stray and thinks hmmm a meal . The dead cat is stiff from rigamortise and the other cat is trying to knead the meat to tenderise it.

Cats can not carry out heart massage or mouth to mouth, and as Liah has said he is also trying to hump it.

Cat people always amaze me .

i think we all know that the cat is not carrying out heart massages. its the desperate, upset look on his face thats so upsetting.

why you gotta be a hater?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

i think we all know that the cat is not carrying out heart massages. its the desperate, upset look on his face thats so upsetting.

why you gotta be a hater?

You think they all know , ok !

I don't hate

lonad wrote: »
    You think they all know , ok !

well i hope so! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Maybe the white one hadn't realised that the black one had used up the other 8 lives and wanted to be a hero ?

P.S. I also wondered about the humping action at one stage of the video....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,561 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Apologies if this is already posted, but I can't see anything. I beseech you to watch this video and not die a little inside.

Speaking as a man who's recently lost his cat, this is a truly heartbreaking video. Worth putting up OP, cheers!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Was he trying to hump it at one stage?

• Advertisement
Advertisement