Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Tries To Revive Dying Friend

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Been done already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

If im ever hurt i dont want one of ye feckers standing on my chest and licking my face!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Ahw.. the poor thing.. that'd bring a tear to a glass eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Looks like he was trying to make it comfy to lie on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If im ever hurt i dont want one of ye feckers standing on my chest and licking my face!!

Don't be such a pussy. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Proof that cats are evil... he was checking him for his wallet and phone. The little scumbag.

He whispered in his ear "Try stop me now, ha!"...

Evil I tell ya, evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

If they were locked in a room he wouldn't be long eating her. Friend or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Play him off Keyboard Cat

Jumpy wrote: »
    Looks like he was trying to make it comfy to lie on.

Or tenderised to make digestible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Apologies if this is already posted, but I can't see anything. I beseech you to watch this video and not die a little inside.

Its technique is all wrong.
    It's 30 compressions, 2 breaths X5.
    It didn't even call for help.
    FFS...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Meh, I already saw it in a Star Wars movie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Thanks a lot Feeky. Now I'm crying. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

This is how I feel after watching it:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

i can haz defibrillator?

bronte wrote: »
    Thanks a lot Feeky. Now I'm crying. :(

My logic was - if I'm miserable about a Turkish cat on a bank holiday weekend, everybody else should be too.

Sowwy. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

hes jus sweeping....right?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Let him have it, its not wise to upset a wookiee.

My logic was - if I'm miserable about a Turkish cat on a bank holiday weekend, everybody else should be too.

Sowwy. :(

'S ok, I've just put it on my facebook. Spread the :(:(:(

I'm getting a cat. I've just decided. My Labrador won't be too happy but fúck her when she sees the video she'll understand.

• Advertisement

I miss my Fluffy! :(:(:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That is sad. The cat was doing what it would do to get affection from its parent when it was a kitten. Thats why cats will knead their owners laps with their paws. They see them as their parent or sibling. It would have been very stressed when it wasnt responding, so it would paw harder as it does in the vid. So yea that is sad to watch.

I spotted a magpie in my garden gently pecking another dead magpie. Its mate? I have no idea. It was doing this for a while, but clearly not in an aggressive way. I went outside and against form it didnt try to fly away. It actually became aggressive with me as I came closer. Slowly I got closer and closer and it calmed down. I stroked the dead one and it sat less than two feet from me watching. I went off and came back with a trowel and buried the dead one. All the while this wild magpie watched me from feet away, chirping all the time. And then it left.

I'm defo not one for anthropomorphising animals, but I do acknowledge that emotion and suffering dont have a cut off point with humans.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I give them both a 9.6 on the Dawson scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

Wibbs wrote: »
    That is sad. The cat was doing what it would do to get affection from its parent when it was a kitten. Thats why cats will knead their owners laps with their paws. They see them as their parent or sibling. It would have been very stressed when it wasnt responding, so it would paw harder as it does in the vid. So yea that is sad to watch.

I spotted a magpie in my garden gently pecking another dead magpie. Its mate? I have no idea. It was doing this for a while, but clearly not in an aggressive way. I went outside and against form it didnt try to fly away. It actually became aggressive with me as I came closer. Slowly I got closer and closer and it calmed down. I stroked the dead one and it sat less than two feet from me watching. I went off and came back with a trowel and buried the dead one. All the while this wild magpie watched me from feet away, chirping all the time. And then it left.

I'm defo not one for anthropomorphising animals, but I do acknowledge that emotion and suffering dont have a cut off point with humans.

top story about the magpie... I'm normally pretty cold hearted but cats just get me everytime... this is probably the saddest thing i have seen on video and i was expecting a funny vid... I miss my cat who died 6 months ago:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I tried not to cry...it didnt work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

awwww,he was trying to lift him up by the end:( :(
    He looked so sad:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

sad-cat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I beseech you to watch this video and not die a little inside.

I didn't die a little inside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

alwaysadub wrote: »
    awwww,he was trying to lift him up by the end:( :(
    He looked so sad:(
    Because he was sad and confused. Our human intellect may cover the emotion in symbolism and culture, but the emotion underneath is very real and visceral. Our hubris can often cloud that.

That magpie I mentioned. All the while I was stroking its dead mate/sibling it was looking at me and the dead one. Literally feet away. I must have looked like the statue of liberty in size to it but somewhere in its mind it understood I wasnt a threat and I do believe in some way it also understood I was respecting the dead one. I dont believe in an intellectual cause and effect way, but in an instinctive way. While an "animal" may not comprehend its own extinction, it does comprehend when the familiar is not longer familiar. That is something we all share.

That said it has been observed that elephants, wolves and the great apes show definite signs of grief. The latter in particular, but it doesnt mean other animals dont.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Wibbs wrote: »
    That said it has been observed that elephants, wolves and the great apes show definite signs of grief. The latter in particular, but it doesnt mean other animals dont.

I haven't witnessed it first-hand, but I've heard of rabbits and guinea pigs grieving over the death of a fellow pet that it's friends with. I heard a story - I forget where - about a guinea pig and a rabbit who were bonded. Whenever the guinea pig would call out, the rabbit would go over to it and they would start playing.

When the rabbit died the guinea pig didn't realise and would keep calling for it. When the rabbit didn't come it would get distressed and sad.

So apparently you're supposed to leave the deceased pet alone for a day or two, so any of its friends can come to terms that it's dead. Which makes sense to me.

Advertisement